[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interactive Unemployment Map

The Irish Doggy

5.6 here, up 1.2. I only know two people who have lost their jobs, and one of them has already been hired on in a similar position as the one he lost. Also, the place I ate lunch yesterday had a help wanted sign up, and they really need some more help based on the quality of service.

I guess the most surprising thing there to me is how badly the left coast seems to be doing. not just cali, but also oregon and washington. worse than I would have thought for the whole area.

For the most part, the places that tend to be liberal have higher unemployment than those that tend to be conservative.

For the most part, the places that tend to be liberal have higher unemployment than those that tend to be conservative.

overlay to compare

that's partly a chicken-and-egg thing, though. places where the bad economy has hit harder are probably more likely to be receptive to more big-government solutions. that's pretty much always been the case. but yeah, it kinda makes you wonder why the current economy hit the west coast so hard.

totally false in Washington - the rural, poorer "conservative" eastern Wa counties are hit hard by unemployment

while, the more well off "liberal" folks in King (Seattle area) is low at 5.7

totally false in Washington - the rural, poorer "conservative" eastern Wa counties are hit hard by unemployment

while, the more well off "liberal" folks in King (Seattle area) is low at 5.7

but as a whole it's a very "blue" state with liberal economic policies, which I think may be in part what perch was getting at.