[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

philosophy/psychology question for the leftists

polksalet

I've tried to avoid you ever since you started your sh-t with me in a thread a few weeks back, but this thread is too easy.

You're a fu-cking tool. Deal with it. Your friend's right.

And I quote...

"Its pulisies like you that are going to be the end of this country. Why don't you ball up and improve your situation on your own. Grab onto the teet of the man if you like but for me and others like me we will survive."

Sound familiar?

I'm honored that the only intelligent thought you can quote to me is one that I created :D

Its ok sunshine :wacko:

I just threw up in my mouth. :wacko:

It's all good in my book. You think I'm a tool. I think you are. Wouldn't have it any other way. :D

See now, that is what seperates us from wimmen.

I don't like you, you don't like me, let's fight.

OK, that's over, time for a beer. :D

I'm not talking about politics, i'm talking about the abstract morality and situational ethics most leftists exhibit.

And I'm saying that out one side of your mouth, you're intimating that your friend's comments concern you and out of the other side of your mouth, you're discounting them by implying that his left leaning nature means he's either full of it or, at very least, predisposed to thinking you're a tool.

So, again, my point is that you're not taking this as seriously as you imply. You're basically saying, "A friend of mine who's opinion I think is suspect to begin with said some harsh things about me. Should I take it seriously?"

Thus, my point. If you really think that, because he's a lefty or for any other reason, his opinion of you doesn't matter or at very least is skewed, why are you bothering asking everyone about this. If that's how you feel, ignore it.

And I'm saying that out one side of your mouth, you're intimating that your friend's comments concern you and out of the other side of your mouth, you're discounting them by implying that his left leaning nature means he's either full of it or, at very least, predisposed to thinking you're a tool.

So, again, my point is that you're not taking this as seriously as you imply. You're basically saying, "A friend of mine who's opinion I think is suspect to begin with said some harsh things about me. Should I take it seriously?"

Thus, my point. If you really think that, because he's a lefty or for any other reason, his opinion of you doesn't matter or at very least is skewed, why are you bothering asking everyone about this. If that's how you feel, ignore it.

No, I'm saying that he doesn't think clearly most of the time. I believe that the radical liberalism enveloping so much of our culture is a sort of mental illness that I do not suffer from. He is a very old friend and I am trying to explore every option available before I become more "proactive". I asekd people here because as I said, I do not think like him and doing everything I can to maintain this relationship.

Then what does one's political leanings have to do with it? :wacko:

political leanings are only an indicator, they really have nothing to do with the facts. But people who are that whacked leftst most often have other problems as well.

I believe that the radical liberalism enveloping so much of our culture is a sort of mental illness that I do not suffer from.

It seems to me that a thought process that involves the above means that a mirror probably needs to be held up to ascertain the degrees of mental illness in the room.

That's my crazy talk though.

political leanings are only an indicator, they really have nothing to do with the facts. But people who are that whacked leftst most often have other problems as well.

I would say that's true of anyone that buys into any extremist view left, right or completely out of the universe. Which still calls into question your attempting to categorize this as a "leftist" trait alone.

EDIT: After re-reading GTS's post above, he said it first, and better. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

No, I'm saying that he doesn't think clearly most of the time. I believe that the radical liberalism enveloping so much of our culture is a sort of mental illness that I do not suffer from. He is a very old friend and I am trying to explore every option available before I become more "proactive". I asekd people here because as I said, I do not think like him and doing everything I can to maintain this relationship.

Dude, you're completely missing the point and, frankly, I'm not in the least surprised because you're stubborn as hell. Frankly, this entire thread seems like nothing more than a very thinly veiled snipe at liberalism. Whatever, you've made your stance in this regard abundantly clear in the past, so this is nothing new.

Regardless of why you think you're old friends opinion is worthless, you make it very clear that you feel that way. So what's the big deal? Are you asking whether or not you should remind your friend that, because he's ultra-liberal, he's crazy and his opinion is worthless? I suppose that all depends on whether or not your friend is the type to let things roll off his back.

Here's my guess though. You're friend has pointed out something wrong with you that you, yourself are afraid to admit, but know is true. However, because that sort of sucks, so you're going to focus on the messenger rather than the message. To be completely honest, this actually surprises me. While I often find myself on the other side of arguments than you, I've always thought you had more integrity than that.

Understand that from my first post in this thread, my intent was not to defend the liberal mindset, so you can go ahead and stop trying to break it down. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument at hand. The issue is why you insist on trying to dismiss the validity of someones opinion of you when it is very clear that you are, in fact, taking it to heart.

Edited by detlef

Dude, you're completely missing the point and, frankly, I'm not in the least surprised because you're stubborn as hell. Frankly, this entire thread seems like nothing more than a very thinly veiled snipe at liberalism. Whatever, you've made your stance in this regard abundantly clear in the past, so this is nothing new.

Regardless of why you think you're old friends opinion is worthless, you make it very clear that you feel that way. So what's the big deal? Are you asking whether or not you should remind your friend that, because he's ultra-liberal, he's crazy and his opinion is worthless? I suppose that all depends on whether or not your friend is the type to let things roll off his back.

Here's my guess though. You're friend has pointed out something wrong with you that you, yourself are afraid to admit, but know is true. However, because that sort of sucks, so you're going to focus on the messenger rather than the message. To be completely honest, this actually surprises me. While I often find myself on the other side of arguments than you, I've always thought you had more integrity than that.

Understand that from my first post in this thread, my intent was not to defend the liberal mindset, so you can go ahead and stop trying to break it down. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument at hand. The issue is why you insist on trying to dismiss the validity of someones opinion of you when it is very clear that you are, in fact, taking it to heart.

People tend to look at others and try to understand them based upon their own ideas. Perhaps you are trying to summarize my beliefs based upon your own individual situations? Has it occured to you that I simply mean what I say? Is that idea so lost in the estrogen filled pop culture of modern America that the obvious is now unbelievable???

People tend to look at others and try to understand them based upon their own ideas. Perhaps you are trying to summarize my beliefs based upon your own individual situations? Has it occured to you that I simply mean what I say? Is that idea so lost in the estrogen filled pop culture of modern America that the obvious is now unbelievable???

:wacko: Whatever dude. Looks like you've got it all under control.

Sounds like your friend said something to you that you find disturbing but, fortunately for you, he's liberal and thus allegedly has no concept of reality and/or suspect and random morality. Thus, it sounds like you have nothing to worry about other than you need to go kick his ass. End of story.