[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Jeff George was on the Vikings...

Randall

“If I was in Minnesota,” George said, “I guarantee I’d be wearing a ring right now. :D

I just can’t get over why somebody like [coach] Brad Childress wouldn’t take a look at me and have me as the third guy on their roster. Put me in and I’ll pick up right where I left off in ’99, but this time with Adrian Peterson, so I wouldn’t have to throw it nearly as much.”

Yet when Childress, during the 2007 season, was asked if he had any interest in George, the coach was dismissive, saying, “Probably maybe [he could] go to a fantasy camp or something like that. ‘Downside’ would probably be, I think, kind.”

Similarly, though George yearns for a spot on the Cowboys’ roster – “If Tony Romo goes down,” he said, “who’s better out there to run the Dallas offense than somebody like me – someone who knows how to throw to veteran receivers and get the ball downfield and keep them happy?” – it’s clear that his love is destined to be unrequited.

“I would think it’s way past his time,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Thursday. “Being that he sat out all those years, plus he’s [over] 40, and he wasn’t exactly what everybody was looking for to start out with, I just don’t see it. I’d say his chances are slim and none. I know we wouldn’t be interested, but you never can tell with someone like Al Davis, so maybe the Raiders would bite.”

:wacko: Well he didn't say what kind of ring.

Translation:

Somebody please sign me. I have no other life skills other than above average arm strength and I don't like flipping burgers. Maybe if I sound arrogant and obnoxious, someone will print this. Please, for the love of God, somebody sign me.

I thought we were done listening to Jeff "The most over-rated QB in the history of the NFL" George.

:wacko: Jeff George 27, 600 passing yards

Ryan Leaf 3666 passing yards

Are you sure Jeff was more over rated?

:wacko: Jeff George 27, 600 passing yards

Ryan Leaf 3666 passing yards

Are you sure Jeff was more over rated?

Yeah I still think he was over-rated. You can bring out all the career stats you want. He was what TO is at the QB position. You can have a golden arm but if your not a team player, your worthless.