[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Fallon on Late Night

dabuffbills

Let me start off by saying that I'm a hugh fan of Conan O'Brien and I can't wait to see him on TV again. Since I miss Conan, I hope that I'm not being biased or anything, but I've seen Jimmy Fallon's new late night show a few times and, I gotta say...I'm not really feeling it.

I thought he was okay on SNL, but I don't think I have had a good laugh since his show began. I don't know if it's the writers, his delivery, or both.

What say you?

So far it isn't so good. He is charming enough, but he needs to work on the interview skills. I just remember how bad Conan was so I will give him a chance to grow on me. I don't really have much choice, I have to watch it.

Conan's writers, including him, were key to that show. Even if it bombed Conan was quick and smart enough to make it work out. His remotes are the best too.

So far it isn't so good. He is charming enough, but he needs to work on the interview skills. I just remember how bad Conan was so I will give him a chance to grow on me. I don't really have much choice, I have to watch it.

Conan's writers, including him, were key to that show. Even if it bombed Conan was quick and smart enough to make it work out. His remotes are the best too.

:wacko:

Even if it bombed Conan was quick and smart enough to make it work out.

That's another thing that I miss. A lot of times, Conan would go off script and make jokes. Jimmy Fallon seems to just stick to the script, so if he bombs on a joke, he just moves on whereas Conan would make a joke ABOUT the joke that just bombed, which usually turned out to be pretty funny.

I know he hasn't been on for very long, so maybe I should just give him a chance.

Let me start off by saying that I'm a hugh fan of Conan O'Brien and I can't wait to see him on TV again. Since I miss Conan, I hope that I'm not being biased or anything, but I've seen Jimmy Fallon's new late night show a few times and, I gotta say...I'm not really feeling it.

I thought he was okay on SNL, but I don't think I have had a good laugh since his show began. I don't know if it's the writers, his delivery, or both.

What say you?

I say Jimmy Fallon is one of the top 3 most annoying people on TV. Horrible actor, not funny, and is painful to watch. Im sure he is a nice guy in real life, but I cannot STAND him.

:wacko:

He works on the set or something like that...

That's another thing that I miss. A lot of times, Conan would go off script and make jokes. Jimmy Fallon seems to just stick to the script, so if he bombs on a joke, he just moves on whereas Conan would make a joke ABOUT the joke that just bombed, which usually turned out to be pretty funny.

I know he hasn't been on for very long, so maybe I should just give him a chance.

I'm not a huge late night TV fan, but both Conan and Letterman took a little bit of time to find their strides.

I actually thought Conan was pretty darn funny right away, which Andy helped.

I think my problem with Jimmy Fallon is that I don't find him funny. You have to be able to be really funny off the cuff to make a show work in this format. I don't think he has the comedic juevos to carry something like this himself.

I'm old school, but I'll take the late 80's version of the Late Show w/ David Letterman over all else.

Larry Bud Melman

Stupid Pet Tricks

The Man Beneath the Seats

Thursday Night Mailbag (that bit had a name, I can't remember what it was then)

The Fruit Basket for GE when they bought NBC (Letterman's out of studio stuff was classic. I admit Conan is pretty good at this as well)

Nothing but Bulbs

Occasional spots w/ Johnny Carson (on either's show) were great

More than I can remember

Letterman back then seemed much better at making a dumb bit funny, I don't think as adept at that nowadays.