[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PFT - "Favre can't stand Green Bay"

Chavez

I couldnt disagree more. Its hard to side with Ted Thompson. That dude is a F'n snake. Dudes ego is crazy for someone who road the cur tail of Favre as his only accomplishment. Im looking forward to seeing him get fired, and never get another job in football again. Dude is a complete idiot.

It's incredibly fun to watch you tear down somone like Thompson while you strenuously defend a moran like Jerrah. It really gives a feel for exactly how deep your acumen runs.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's incredibly fun to watch you tear down somone like Thompson while you strenuously defend a moran like Jerrah. It really gives a feel for exactly how deep your acumen runs.

Defend jerrah. Are you serious. Now I know you cant read. I crucified Jerry for the way he handled Jimmy. For his drafts. Him as the GM, period.

I have yet to ever defend Jerry as GM or a football man, what so ever. The only think I give Jerry credit for is opening his pocketbook.

Do some research before you pop off at the mouth about a complete lie like this. Jerry is the joke of management in team sports. And I still love the team he owns. Big difference d0uche

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Not sure if I went into this before or whether I deleted it. Sorry for repeating if that's the case. Here's one of issues I have with this mess, it reminds me of one of my most embarrassing times in my professional career, something I truly wish I could have taken back, and yet this personal disappointment was rooted in doing something almost, but not quite as bad as what Favre is doing.

I worked for several years as the private chef for a family of four. Over time, I got rather close with them, traveled with them, etc. It was a really great job. However, when my wife and I decided to relocate across country, I obviously had to leave it. There was also the fact that I was getting a bit bored and ready for a bigger challenge. They were very sad to see me go and gave me a generous "thank you" at the time.

A few months later, I was deeply, deeply depressed. Both my wife and I were struggling in pretty lame jobs and I was really homesick. I also really missed my old gig. In a fit of weakness, I actually called them up and asked for my job back. I was ready to just turn around and go back. Of course, I knew they'd hired someone else, but, like I said, I was really depressed and not thinking straight. They told me straight up that, while they would have preferred I'd never left, they simply couldn't just fire the guy they had to make room for me. It wouldn't be right. And you know what, they were 100% correct. It hit me like a ton of bricks that what I had just done was absolutely pathetic. As soon as it set in, I called them back to apologize for even asking and putting them in that position. It was cowardly and immature and something I'll never forget.

That's what Favre needs to realize.

Now, there are a few things that are very different about mine and his situation. In his defense, I wasn't some icon who'd taken this family's dinners to levels that hadn't seen in a generation. On the other hand, I also hadn't been intimating every year for a few years that I might be looking to move on, so much so that they hired some high priced assistant they could groom to replace me as well as start to assemble equipment that they thought would better suit him, only to have me keep lingering around up to the point where, frankly, they were beginning to think that they just might prefer it if I would move on. I also wasn't becoming increasingly erratic and creating situations where they needed to tip toe around me and run every thing past me to make sure I was cool with it.

I'm not bashing Favre for changing his mind. I'm not even bashing him much for asking for his job back. I'm bashing him for not realizing how bold that was to do and for not taking the news that is was too late like a grown man.

So, one of the lowest points in my life was when I was almost as lame as Brett Favre.

I find it funny fans think they should be able to determine what is best for a player, instead of the player.

No I don't think I should determine it, but TT should.

Bottom line of my post, is to see how packer fans turned on Favre. Dude is a NFL legend. And wants nothing more than to show the Packers they made a mistake. I hope he never agrees to a pony show in GB for the franchise, unless this current regime is gone. he deserves alot better than most here are giving him, especially so called packer fans.

I'm a Packer fan before a Favre fan. Favre tried to put the Packers in a bad situation and tried to sling mud. I sided with the Packers. It's not turning on Favre, it's a response to his actions.

I couldnt disagree more. Its hard to side with Ted Thompson. That dude is a F'n snake. Dudes ego is crazy for someone who road the cur tail of Favre as his only accomplishment. Im looking forward to seeing him get fired, and never get another job in football again. Dude is a complete idiot.

The dude has rebuilt a team that was in shambles when he took over. Mike Sherman was horrid, and now Ted has an extremely solid team across the board. Oh, and public perception of Ted has changed with a lot of the anti Ted group. Fans of the franchise, are happy with Ted and Mike, as is the rest of the front office. Have fun waiting. I don't even know why I'm bothering with you. You can't believe what you're posting, as no one is this blind. Clown.

XOXOXOXOX

Edited by piratesownninjas

you realize they won 6 games last year, correct?

He took over for a 4-12 team with no depth. The following year they went 8-8, followed by 13-3, although that year everything went right. I think they overacheived 3 games that year. Last year they underacheived, and a large part of that is from losing your heart and soul of the defense Nick Barnett, followed by Cullen Jenkins, and Al Harris for a big part of the season. Chad Clifton and Tascher went healthy either. No, I don't think they were as good as the 13-3 season two years ago, but they are much better than the 6 win season from last year. They now have depth across the board at every position and he's already landed what looks to be a franchise quarterback, stole an above average to good back in Ryan Grant, a very strong WR corps and a ton of OL depth.

The glaring need going into the draft was an OLB that could rush the passer and a D lineman that could fit in a 3-4, and he adressed both of those. So yes, as someone who pays close attention to the Packers, Ted Thompson has done a hell of a job. He doesn't control injuries.

I feel confident that Ted Thompson will hush all of the naysayers this year. The Packers are going to surprise people.

He took over for a 4-12 team with no depth. The following year they went 8-8, followed by 13-3, although that year everything went right. I think they overacheived 3 games that year. Last year they underacheived, and a large part of that is from losing your heart and soul of the defense Nick Barnett, followed by Cullen Jenkins, and Al Harris for a big part of the season. Chad Clifton and Tascher went healthy either. No, I don't think they were as good as the 13-3 season two years ago, but they are much better than the 6 win season from last year. They now have depth across the board at every position and he's already landed what looks to be a franchise quarterback, stole an above average to good back in Ryan Grant, a very strong WR corps and a ton of OL depth.

The glaring need going into the draft was an OLB that could rush the passer and a D lineman that could fit in a 3-4, and he adressed both of those. So yes, as someone who pays close attention to the Packers, Ted Thompson has done a hell of a job. He doesn't control injuries.

I feel confident that Ted Thompson will hush all of the naysayers this year. The Packers are going to surprise people.

I have to agree with everything said here. Way too many people trash Ted Thompson and most of it is becaus ethey are blind and are upset at Favre leaving. That was one of Ted's best moves and people just can't look at it without the Favre love blinders.

Anyone who thinks Ted is doing a poor job is just a plain Sgt Ryan (oh sorry I meant to say idiot). :wacko:

Wow. Sarge must be off his meds. His tool factor is way up.

And I'd make an argument that Walter Payton was the geatest RB and/or rusher in NFL history, so there is absolutely an argument as to Jim Brown being the greatest ever (if you want the real truth, I don't know how you make a valid comparison between the two to determine which was better).

There is no way of properly comparing two athletes at that stratospheric level from two different eras. The variables involved beyond statistics like yards, YPC and TDs are impossible to properly quantify e.g. what were the strengths and weaknesses of every defensive line each faced? What was the weather like in each game? How much passing support did each have? And on and on.

I figure you control for what the average starting RB (mean or median, probably mean) did in terms of ypc, tds/game, total yds, etc and that sort of controls itself.

Bottom line is that Payton didn't stand out above his peers as much as Brown did; if you want to give him credit for doing so on a crappy team for a huge chunk of his career whereas Brown was on championship-caliber squads for most of his, I'd certainly label that as far.

I know many (including myself) would say that based on evidence Payton was a more "complete" player, which also factors in - but then again, Marion Motley has been quoted as saying that Jim Brown was just fine as a blocker but Paul Brown figured "when you have a big gun, shoot it."

I'd put Brown in the category of Rice, Hutson, Baugh, Unitas, etc - guys who, when they were playing in their prime, were just...I guess the best description I can come up with is "statistically anomalous"; their numbers, in the context of a yearly basis, or on the level of sustained excellence, were just eye-popping. Payton is probably teetering on the edge between inclusion in that level and being in the next level down, which is no shame at all.

I have to agree with everything said here. Way too many people trash Ted Thompson and most of it is becaus ethey are blind and are upset at Favre leaving. That was one of Ted's best moves and people just can't look at it without the Favre love blinders.

I'm of the opinion that Thompson has done a fine job getting and keeping GB in a terrific salcap situation and rebuilding the bottom half, maybe 3/4 of the roster.

That said, he hasn't necessarily brought in that many "A+" players - Woodson and Jennings for sure, Collins stepped up nicely in '08 and needs to keep it up, and early returns on Rodgers are promising. I am 100% on board with Thompson's team-building philosophy, but I think this year is where the rubber meets the road. 4-12 to 14-4 and the conference championship bought him a mulligan for '08. '09 had better be a winning season, barring a catastrophic run of injuries.

I have to agree with everything said here. Way too many people trash Ted Thompson and most of it is becaus ethey are blind and are upset at Favre leaving.

I can see well enough to read "6 wins" :wacko:

in a complete joke of a division that was 13-27 against the rest of the NFL no less

Anyone who thinks Ted is doing a poor job is just a plain Sgt Ryan (oh sorry I meant to say idiot). :wacko:

Ted's history isn't that great. Have you looked it up?

How many of these guys are starters?

I like Ted and think now that he traded for quantity and is now trading for quality, but look at these picks.

I like this years draft.

2 36 Jordy Nelson WR Kansas State

2 56 Brian Brohm QB Louisville

2 60 Pat Lee CB Auburn

3 91 Jermichael Finley TE Texas

4 102 Jeremy Thompson DE Wake Forest

4 135 Josh Sitton G Central Florida

5 150 Breno Giacomini T Louisville

7 209 Matt Flynn QB Louisiana State

7 217 Brett Swain WR San Diego State

2007 - Green Bay Packers

1 16 Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

2 63 Brandon Jackson RB Nebraska

3 78 James Jones WR San Jose State

3 89 Aaron Rouse SAF Virginia Tech

4 119 Allen Barbre G Missouri Southern State

5 157 David Clowney WR Virginia Tech

6 191 Korey Hall FB Boise State

6 192 Desmond Bishop LB California

6 193 Mason Crosby K Colorado

7 228 DeShawn Wynn RB Florida

7 243 Clark Harris TE Rutgers

2006 - Green Bay Packers

1 5 A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State

2 47 Daryn Colledge G Boise State

2 52 Greg Jennings WR Western Michigan

3 67 Abdul Hodge LB Iowa

3 75 Jason Spitz G Louisville

4 104 Cory Rodgers WR Texas Christian

4 115 Will Blackmon CB Boston College

5 148 Ingle Martin QB Furman

5 165 Tony Moll G Nevada-Reno

6 183 Johnny Jolly DT Texas A&M

6 185 Tyrone Culver DB Fresno State

7 253 Dave Tollefson DE Northwest Missouri State

2005 - Green Bay Packers

1 24 Aaron Rodgers QB California

2 51 Nick Collins FS Bethune-Cookman

2 58 Terrence Murphy WR Texas A&M

4 115 Marviel Underwood DB San Diego State

4 125 Brady Poppinga LB Brigham Young

5 143 Junius Coston C North Carolina A&T

5 167 Mike Hawkins DB Oklahoma

6 180 Mike Montgomery DT Texas A&M

6 195 Craig Bragg WR UCLA

7 245 Kurt Campbell CB Albany State (NY)

7 246 Will Whitticker G Michigan State

Edited by Randall

I figure you control for what the average starting RB (mean or median, probably mean) did in terms of ypc, tds/game, total yds, etc and that sort of controls itself.

Well, that's fine as long as you accept that the two means (one from each era) are functionally identical. Using meaningless figures, if Brown is, say +2 above the mean for RBs in his era and Payton is +1.8 above the mean for his era, then it would appear on the surface that Brown wins. Is the control group large enough to make this valid, though? Probably.

Az I really hope that the rest of the NFL underestimates the impact of injuries as much as you do.

Everyone has injuries. Dallas lost Romo, Felix, Jenkins, Newman, Kosier, Austin, Hurd, R Williams (safety) for games last year just to name a few. Roy Williams ( wr) played with a foot injury and was never healthy. 9 wins in the toughest division in football.

Green Bay stinks. :wacko:

Everyone has injuries. Dallas lost Romo, Felix, Jenkins, Newman, Kosier, Austin, Hurd, R Williams (safety) for games last year just to name a few. Roy Williams ( wr) played with a foot injury and was never healthy. 9 wins in the toughest division in football.

Jerry Jones stinks.

Everyone knows Dallas would have won the Super Bowl had they stayed healthy. :wacko:

Yep, like they did in 07...

You couldn't consider them healthy in '07. T.O. was still on the team and we all know he's mentally ill. :wacko: