[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PFT - "Favre can't stand Green Bay"

Chavez

:wacko:Wow, this might be the single lamest and poorly thought out post I've ever read. You must have been watching an entirely different thing go down than basically everyone else because that's the only way you could come up with this crap. Brett did not get shown the door. Brett walked out the door. Then the team, as any organization committed to winning would do, they took him at his word that he was done and started designing their schemes around the new guy. A new guy, btw, that brought a different sort of skill set to the table and, thus, would do best in a system appropriate for those skills.

Then, all of a sudden, he wants a do over. How you can claim that any "real man" would take issue with being told, "Sorry, but you can't expect us to just scrap the entire off-season to cater to your rather feminine prerogative to change your mind", is highly ironic.

How you can imply that anyone who doesn't think that adults should automatically be afforded do-overs is somehow stupid, is laughable.

Oh, and Brett may not hate GB, but if he's not careful, he's going to end up having GB hate him. And that's a shame. However it is 100% on him. He could been a man about this whole thing and been a hero for life there. But he completely screwed it up.

Where Sarge is concerned, that's some serious stupid there.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to get real good. And the title of this thread should change to Favre cant stand Thompson and the fraud coach. Not Green Bay.

Though most Packer fans are too stupid to put themselves in his shoes and see how they would feel if you did as much for this franchise and was told thanks but no thanks, we are going with a new guy who hasnt proven crap yet. I can tell you this, if this didnt bother you, you are 1) lying, or 2) nutless. No man is going to want to be told he is no longer good enough, especially after everything he has done for this franchise, when those making the decisions havent done squat for the same franchise. Its like getting a new boss, and telling the top producer for the past 15 years, we are replacing you with a green unproven guy to take your spot. No one would like that. But instead of just saying, good for Brett, you bash the guy for wanting to seek some sort of revenge, when you yourself would probably do the same thing if it was in another high profile position.

E2A: Tools flipping burgers or working at the local wal mart would never understand what I just said.

Ouch... Nice burn on the "most packers fans" part... Remember which team you root for... Ted Thompson rebuilt a team left in shambles by Mike Sherman and MM has turned Green Bay's offense into a powerhouse, all while playing against the Vikings and Bears defenses 4 times a year. MM is NOT A DEFENSIVE COACH. HE IS AN OFFENSIVE MIND. I'm not sure how he can be a fraud with the sucess he's had. I also don't understand your stance on Favre playing in the NFC Championship game, which in your mind validates him as a good player, yet the coach that led them there is still a fraud... Oh, that's right, It's Ryans world where you pick and choose and ignore anything that proves you wrong.

Favre wasn't told he wasnt good enough. TT and MM even sent a private charter down to visit him before he retired, so either know the facts, or stop posting about things you know nothing of. Favre retired, Green Bay moved on, and THEN Favre was pissed because they the stadium's walls weren't falling to the ground.

:D

Pot, this is Kettle.

Pot: Holy crap Kettle, you sure are one black m'fer!

:D

Oh yea, thats right, just look back at last year without him. :wacko:

You amuse me, but I am starting to believe that this isn't schtick... Aaron Rodgers had 4000 yards passing, 28TD's to 13 INTs and rushed in an additional 4 TD's. The quarterback, nor the offense was the problem.

Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett, Al Harris and Atari Bigby missing significant time threw everything off. When Jenkins tore his bicep, teams focused on Kampman and shut down the pass rush. Nick Barnett was the vocal team leader that gave the D confidence, when he blew up his knee, he took that confidence with him... Of course, if Favre was there he would have been able to shut down the run and create a massive pass rush. :D

hell, just think where this team was before he got there. Oh yea, thats right, just look back at last year without him. :wacko:

Favre doesnt hate Green Bay, or their fans. Just two idiots who forced him out.

Just look at 3 years ago with him. How quickly they forget...

Who forced him out? I thought he retired? I remember allot of crying and saying he was done. I don't remember anyone forcing him to retire. If Jonny Unitas comes back, should they bench Peyton Manning?

Who forced him out? I thought he retired? I remember allot of crying and saying he was done. I don't remember anyone forcing him to retire. If Jonny Unitas comes back, should they bench Peyton Manning?

Ryan doesn't remember the 4-12 season that Favre had under Sherman. And fails to realize that TT and MM turned a 4-12 team into an 8-8 team, followed by an NFC championship the next year. The 4-12 season was Ted Thompson's fault for not naming Brett Favre GM and Mooch HC. In 07 McCarthy didn't do anything, and they let Favre call all the plays. That's why they went to the NFC championship. Oh, and his last throw as a packer... That was Ted's fault.

This is going to get real good. And the title of this thread should change to Favre cant stand Thompson and the fraud coach. Not Green Bay.

Though most Packer fans are too stupid to put themselves in his shoes and see how they would feel if you did as much for this franchise and was told thanks but no thanks, we are going with a new guy who hasnt proven crap yet. I can tell you this, if this didnt bother you, you are 1) lying, or 2) nutless. No man is going to want to be told he is no longer good enough, especially after everything he has done for this franchise, when those making the decisions havent done squat for the same franchise.

Favre told GB he was done. Even after that, I believe he was initially told he could come back but was not guaranteed to start and that's where Favre's ego said "Oh, heck no!" and demanded a release or trade.

:D Wow, this might be the single lamest and poorly thought out post I've ever read. You must have been watching an entirely different thing go down than basically everyone else because that's the only way you could come up with this crap. Brett did not get shown the door. Brett walked out the door. Then the team, as any organization committed to winning would do, they took him at his word that he was done and started designing their schemes around the new guy. A new guy, btw, that brought a different sort of skill set to the table and, thus, would do best in a system appropriate for those skills.

Then, all of a sudden, he wants a do over. How you can claim that any "real man" would take issue with being told, "Sorry, but you can't expect us to just scrap the entire off-season to cater to your rather feminine prerogative to change your mind", is highly ironic.

How you can imply that anyone who doesn't think that adults should automatically be afforded do-overs is somehow stupid, is laughable.

Oh, and Brett may not hate GB, but if he's not careful, he's going to end up having GB hate him. And that's a shame. However it is 100% on him. He could been a man about this whole thing and been a hero for life there. But he completely screwed it up.

Very well said, detlef.

A man should say what he means and mean what he says. He shouldnt be wishy-washy and keep people waiting on him making up his mind. Make a decision, back the play you make, and live with your decision.

That's all well and good but typically the top employee doesn't keep the new management in the dark about whether he's staying with the firm or retiring on his bonuses until long after a critical project has begun (and you know as well as me that an NFL season doesn't begin with training camp). Any management would make sure they had cover for the undecided employee and would also invest in that cover to make him as good as he can be.

This mess is of Favre's causing.

+1

Favre obviously didnt want to leave, and they basically told him, thanks but no thanks. Holmgren would have given him all the time he wanted. These bozos screwed this up royally.

And how would they lose employee #2, his contract wasnt up yet. And they can franchise him. They could control him, if they wanted.

Disagree. He hinted for years he was thinking about hanging them up and then he finally said it was done. If he really wanted to stay, we wouldnt be talking about any of this now...

In favres last season with the Packers, he led this team to the NFC Champ Game, and was upset at home in that game. Favre had a helluva lot to do with that. So I would say its a reach to say his usefulness was coming to an end. This is the deal. If the Pack were 4-12 or whatever they were last year, then you have a point. But coming off a trip to the NFC Champ game, at home and losing that game, management should have been begging him to return to see if they could get over the top in 08-09. But these cocky POS's Toad and Fraud wanted the credit for the season before and to show everyone they had more to do with it than Brett. Hell they thought they could just replace the face of the franchise with an unproven guy who 20 other teams didnt want in the draft a few years before.

And if I knew the face of my business was going to change because my top producer was on the fence of retiring, Id want to keep him happy, to save face to my current customers, when he does leave. The last thing I would want is to piss him off, and light a fire for him to take business away from my company to another company.

Bottom line, Favre is better than what Minn has now. GB fans are happy with who they have now. So, Why the venom for this guy wanting to prove to Toad and Fraud they made a mistake. hell, just think where this team was before he got there. Oh yea, thats right, just look back at last year without him. :wacko:

Again, the fact that FAVRE TOLD THE PACKERS HE WAS DONE seems to be escaping you.

retirement = permanent (usually)

Favre wasn't told he wasnt good enough. TT and MM even sent a private charter down to visit him before he retired, so either know the facts, or stop posting about things you know nothing of. Favre retired, Green Bay moved on, and THEN Favre was pissed because they the stadium's walls weren't falling to the ground.
BINGO! Well said. Edited by Delicious_bass

So Aaron Rodgers is the A-Rod of football. :wacko:

Rodgers performed well late in games as well... Problem was he'd give Green Bay a 3 point lead with 3 minutes left and the Pack D would lay down like some cheap whore IE Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta.

Rodgers did more than expected. He was the least of the problems last year.

Favre told GB he was done. Even after that, I believe he was initially told he could come back but was not guaranteed to start and that's where Favre's ego said "Oh, heck no!" and demanded a release or trade.

Very well said, detlef.

A man should say what he means and mean what he says. He shouldnt be wishy-washy and keep people waiting on him making up his mind. Make a decision, back the play you make, and live with your decision.

+1

Disagree. He hinted for years he was thinking about hanging them up and then he finally said it was done. If he really wanted to stay, we wouldnt be talking about any of this now...

Again, the fact that FAVRE TOLD THE PACKERS HE WAS DONE seems to be escaping you.

retirement = permanent (usually)

BINGO! Well said.

Then why wouldnt GB just release him, if he was done. Seriously. If they thought he was done, they should have done what the Jets did, and just release him. GB knew he was torn, and didnt want him going somewhere else, oh I dont know like MIN.

And this whole thread is about packer fans ripping Favre because he is pissed at the way he was treated by Toad and Fraud. If he is so last year to you, and you have really moved on without him. Why rip the guy that brought more glory to your franchise than any player in the last 4 decades.

I tell you this. We didnt rip Emmitt for going to Arizona, and we certainly didnt make a mess of the situation like Toad and Fraud did with Favre. Emmitt didnt like he was going to be sharing time with Hambrick, asked for his release, and got it. GB wouldnt release Favre because they feared he would burn their ass in the division. They didnt want him anymore, but wouldnt let him go where he wanted. That is the bottom line, and why packer fans are upset with Brett is beyond me. I dont give a rats ass about Emmitt going to Zona, and most Boys fans dont either.

Then why not release him like he wanted.

And are you comparing Aaron Rodgers to Peyton manning. Seriously?

i tell you this, the Colts wouldnt prevent Unitas from playing for another team, like GB did Favre.

Soo . . . if they have a player that is unsure about retirement, has forced the team to move on, and then wants back, the team has no recourse to keep him as a backup and MUST release him without compensation?

Good idea Sarge . . . that will set a GREAT precedence in the league . . . :wacko::D:D

"If you dont likje your team or your contract, just retire, then UNretire and demand to be released! Brilliant!!"

Then why wouldnt GB just release him, if he was done. Seriously. If they thought he was done, they should have done what the Jets did, and just release him. GB knew he was torn, and didnt want him going somewhere else, oh I dont know like MIN.

And this whole thread is about packer fans ripping Favre because he is pissed at the way he was treated by Toad and Fraud. If he is so last year to you, and you have really moved on without him. Why rip the guy that brought more glory to your franchise than any player in the last 4 decades.

I tell you this. We didnt rip Emmitt for going to Arizona, and we certainly didnt make a mess of the situation like Toad and Fraud did with Favre. Emmitt didnt like he was going to be sharing time with Hambrick, asked for his release, and got it. GB wouldnt release Favre because they feared he would burn their ass in the division. They didnt want him anymore, but wouldnt let him go where he wanted. That is the bottom line, and why packer fans are upset with Brett is beyond me. I dont give a rats ass about Emmitt going to Zona, and most Boys fans dont either.

1. Because at this time last year Favre was coming off a great season and the Vikings were seemingly one player away. It's commen sense to not let a player go to a contender. Are you really this dense?

2. We're pissed because we've watched him be Mr. Packer for close to two decades, then mutates into a drama queen and tries to sling mud on the packers franchise.

3. Emmitt didn't hold the team hostage years before retiring and un-retiring.

4. I feel better knowing that you didn't give a rats ass about Emmitt going to Zona. I'll rest a little easier tonight. Thank you big fella.

Soo . . . if they have a player that is unsure about retirement, has forced the team to move on, and then wants back, the team has no recourse to keep him as a backup and MUST release him without compensation?

Good idea Sarge . . . that will set a GREAT precedence in the league . . . :wacko::D:D

"If you dont likje your team or your contract, just retire, then UNretire and demand to be released! Brilliant!!"

How soon we forget. Favre was going to report to the Packers facility, and Fraud and Toad did not want that. They did not want him there, and tried to hush him with money to get him to retire. That alone would piss me off beyond belief. then not to release him, after they didnt want him, is a complete joke. Favre didnt want to go to Min, until after he was told thanks but no thanks by the Packers. Then he wanted to go exactly there to beat the Pack twice a year, and there was no way Fraud and Toad were going to look like fools and let him go. They created this mess. If they truley didnt want him, then they shouldnt care where he goes. Seriously, if a team says do not report, we do not want you. Then why should they still control you. In real life that isnt the case. But the Packers did this to Brett. And its a shame.

And for packer fans to side with management on this is beyond crazy. I can see supporting your team, but to side with management and rip the guy is pathetic.

I love the Boys, always will. But when Jerry ran off Jimmy, I sided with Jimmy and still do. Jerry was 100% in the wrong busting this up. It cost the boys another title, and as much as I love Switzer for Sooner ties, he was no Jimmy. I do not bust on Jimmy for going to Miami, after Jerry pretty much paid him to go away. The Packers basically tried to do the same thing, but wouldnt let him go where he wanted. Hell Jerry let Jimmy go where ever.

Some will never get it. I hope he tells the Packers he will never go there again for anything, and goes into the Hall as a Viking. At least then, some of you can have something actually to complain about. Right now, Brett hasnt done a single thing to them, but decide he wants to play after he thought he was done. Oh , and that has never happened in sports before, RIGHT.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Sarge . . .. you ARE kidding . . . right?

Favre SAID he retired. Then the team drafted a QB in the SECOND round and another in the seventh. THEN Brett said he wanted back in.

This is after he was told before the draft by the Packers that he was welcome to come back, but he would have to compete for the starting gig. favre didnt like that and "retired".

By all means go to Minny Favre! I am sure they will loooooove the 20+ ints he will throw this year . . . .

How soon we forget. Favre was going to report to the Packers facility, and Fraud and Toad did not want that. They did not want him there, and tried to hush him with money to get him to retire. That alone would piss me off beyond belief. then not to release him, after they didnt want him, is a complete joke. Favre didnt want to go to Min, until after he was told thanks but no thanks by the Packers. Then he wanted to go exactly there to beat the Pack twice a year, and there was no way Fraud and Toad were going to look like fools and let him go. They created this mess. If they truley didnt want him, then they shouldnt care where he goes. Seriously, if a team says do not report, we do not want you. Then why should they still control you. In real life that isnt the case. But the Packers did this to Brett. And its a shame.

And for packer fans to side with management on this is beyond crazy. I can see supporting your team, but to side with management and rip the guy is pathetic.

I love the Boys, always will. But when Jerry ran off Jimmy, I sided with Jimmy and still do. Jerry was 100% in the wrong busting this up. It cost the boys another title, and as much as I love Switzer for Sooner ties, he was no Jimmy. I do not bust on Jimmy for going to Miami, after Jerry pretty much paid him to go away. The Packers basically tried to do the same thing, but wouldnt let him go where he wanted. Hell Jerry let Jimmy go where ever.

Some will never get it. I hope he tells the Packers he will never go there again for anything, and goes into the Hall as a Viking. At least then, some of you can have something actually to complain about. Right now, Brett hasnt done a single thing to them, but decide he wants to play after he thought he was done. Oh , and that has never happened in sports before, RIGHT.

*Favre was going to try and report after he retired, unretired and the team moved on.

*You don't have to worry about getting pissed off over "hush money" It's not in your future.

*You cant compare Jimmy Johnson's situation to Brett Favre's. Favre held the team captive and then retired... Any comparison you try and make dies there.

*How would Favre never go to Green Bay again, but go into the Hall as a Viking? Do the Vikings not play Green Bay this year? :wacko:

*If Favre is a Viking, I also hope he doesn't go back to Green Bay for any jersey retirement or anything of the sort. I also understand that very few Packer fans will agree with that. It's one thing to pull the BS he pulled last year, but to go to the Vikings or Bears is unforgivable. Brian Urlacher is a hell of a player but no way would he ever belong in a Packers jersey. Same for Peterson. These are division rivals, and with this Favre is starting to tick off even the most loyal of Favre fans.

In favres last season with the Packers, he led this team to the NFC Champ Game, and was upset at home in that game. Favre had a helluva lot to do with that. So I would say its a reach to say his usefulness was coming to an end. This is the deal. If the Pack were 4-12 or whatever they were last year, then you have a point. But coming off a trip to the NFC Champ game, at home and losing that game, management should have been begging him to return to see if they could get over the top in 08-09. But these cocky POS's Toad and Fraud wanted the credit for the season before and to show everyone they had more to do with it than Brett. Hell they thought they could just replace the face of the franchise with an unproven guy who 20 other teams didnt want in the draft a few years before.

And if I knew the face of my business was going to change because my top producer was on the fence of retiring, Id want to keep him happy, to save face to my current customers, when he does leave. The last thing I would want is to piss him off, and light a fire for him to take business away from my company to another company.

Bottom line, Favre is better than what Minn has now. GB fans are happy with who they have now. So, Why the venom for this guy wanting to prove to Toad and Fraud they made a mistake. hell, just think where this team was before he got there. Oh yea, thats right, just look back at last year without him. :wacko:

Yes the Pack was one game a way from the SB. It seemed that everything went there way that year. Every game that was close they squeeked it out - they had a few games where the breaks went there way and they won some games late. The defense played great and probably overachieved a bit.

Last year all the breaks did not happen - they lost close games and it was usually on the defense. The team that came one win away from the SB was really not that good of a team and I believe the team last year could have easily had 3-4 more wins and made the playoffs. It was not Favre as much as people think - just my opinion.

Also - the Packers HAD to make a choice and it was a great choice - Favre absolutely sucked last year. If you think he played well then you did not watch the games.

Favre wasa hero now he is an average at best QB that won't ride off into the sunset fast enough.

Why are you so obsessed with the Packers? You must know who the real "americas team" is.

Why are you so obsessed with the Packers? You must know who the real "americas team" is.

Its Packer fans. The most whiney cry baby fans out there. Geez, we have the greatest rusher who ever lived and you dont hear about any drama between he and the Boys. But this is top story on SC years after he left there. And you so called fans who cheered for this guy, now turn on him. And why, because he wants to play for Min. Why do you care.

And those saying he held the team captive, how. They had his replacement if he never came back. He was going to report, and they didnt want him. He goes to NY, excels until he gets hurt. The Jets were being discussed as one of the best teams in the AFC when he was healthy.

Bottom line is the Pack fans cry about everything, and now they rip one of their own legends. Priceless.

I could care less about the Packers, I just hope they fail miserably like the Sox did with Babe Ruth for 80+ years.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Its Packer fans. The most whiney cry baby fans out there. Geez, we have the greatest rusher who ever lived and you dont hear about any drama between he and the Boys. But this is top story on SC years after he left there. And you so called fans who cheered for this guy, now turn on him. And why, because he wants to play for Min. Why do you care.

And those saying he held the team captive, how. They had his replacement if he never came back. He was going to report, and they didnt want him. He goes to NY, excels until he gets hurt. The Jets were being discussed as one of the best teams in the AFC when he was healthy.

Bottom line is the Pack fans cry about everything, and now they rip one of their own legends. Priceless.

I could care less about the Packers, I just hope they fail miserably like the Sox did with Babe Ruth for 80+ years.

Emmitt the greatest rusher who ever lived? I guess in your mind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and some guy named Walter didn't exist. Again, Emmitt didn't hold the team hostage, retire, then unretire. He couldn't hold the team hostage as he was a runningback, not a quarterback.

As far as packer fans crying about everything... Really? I remember you throwing a bitchfit on Draft day a few weekends ago... :wacko:

Selective Memory must be a bitch.

Favre wasa hero now he is an average at best QB that won't ride off into the sunset fast enough.

I think he still has a lot of ability but has a hard time being consistent. He doesn't like surgery so if he's told he needs that may be trouble. He also doesn't want to learn a new system.

How similar is Childress' system to the Packers or Jets? That could be trouble too, but the Vikings do have a good defense and running game.

He's probably not top ten but I wouldn't drop him much further if he's playing in a system he feels comfortable with.

IMO, it comes down to Favre's health. He would be a top 10-12 qb IF healthy. He played well for the first half or so of last year and this was in a new offense. If he's not healthy, it will probably not be pretty as we saw at the end of last year.

It is my understanding the Minny offense is similar to what was run in GB.

Emmitt the greatest rusher who ever lived? I guess in your mind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and some guy named Walter didn't exist. Again, Emmitt didn't hold the team hostage, retire, then unretire. He couldn't hold the team hostage as he was a runningback, not a quarterback.

As far as packer fans crying about everything... Really? I remember you throwing a bitchfit on Draft day a few weekends ago... :wacko:

Selective Memory must be a bitch.

Who has more rushing yards than Emmitt. Thus he is the greatest rusher who ever lived. I didnt say RB, I said rusher, you tool.

I was criticizing my team, not former players and making excuses for everything that happens. You guys have that covered for the whole forum.

BTW, congrats. You are officially the first person to ever earn this from me!

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: piratesownninjas.

Who has more rushing yards than Emmitt. Thus he is the greatest rusher who ever lived. I didnt say RB, I said rusher, you tool.

I was criticizing my team, not former players and making excuses for everything that happens. You guys have that covered for the whole forum.

BTW, congrats. You are officially the first person to ever earn this from me!

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: piratesownninjas.

So by your theory Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback ever... Jim Brown and Barry Sanders yards per game were well beyond that of Emmitt. Jim Brown is the greatest rusher ever. No arguments can be made on that one.

Oh and come on now silly, I know you had me on ignore as of yesterday. You just can't quit me. I'm sure you'll unblock me in a week. XOXOXOXO