[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PFT - "Favre can't stand Green Bay"

Chavez

This thread is like you having an ex girlfriend getting married. Instead of getting over it, you're bitter so you bitch and moan about how you're really "over" them and never want to see them again....but in truth, you wish you still had them.

It's okay Packer fans, we all go through this moment in life....usually not with another man, but to each his own. Let him go, he's gone...don't be mad that it didn't last, you had a great run.

This kinda stuff takes time.

Edited by CD6405

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is like you having an ex girlfriend getting married. Instead of getting over it, you're bitter so you bitch and moan about how you're really "over" them and never want to see them again....but in truth, you wish you still had them.

It's okay Packer fans, we all go through this moment in life....usually not with another man, but to each his own. Let him go, he's gone...don't be mad that it didn't last, you had a great run.

This kinda stuff takes time.

The fail is strong with this one.

The fail is strong with this one.

Do you always talk this lame as you do on the huddle? Well, I guess I would expect that with a 25 year old that has the name "piratesownninjas."

I know Favre broke your heart, but move on...it will be okay....you have a younger man now, remember the good times, but look forward to the future!

Sota is a nice team, but lack a QB. Time will tell if Favre is that, but I bet he would show up twice next year. lol

Time is what Favre doesn't have. However it turns out (and if he actually does sign), I'll enjoy :wacko: my Viking work colleagues that they've now got a twice-removed Packer reject.

I want to see it just to see the NFC North air show. Favre, Cutler, Rodgers, and Stafford . . . say what you want about effectiveness, but you're talking about four guys with absolutely enormous arms.

Peace

policy

It's okay Packer fans, we all go through this moment in life....usually not with another man, but to each his own.

:wacko: my thoughts exactly. and all these protestations that the new boyfriend who can only win 6 games is so much hotter than the ex anyway...

Dating back to last year, my take was it would be really interesting to see Viking and Packer fans reactions to #4 wearing purple. If for no other reason, it would be highly entertaining to see Brett as a Viking to watch Packer fans heads explode, but it looks like it doesn't even need a signing to occur to make that happen as it already has. :wacko:

:kaboom:

That is what Arizona is for. :wacko:

As in Grunge

Btw, I thought that Favre actually sent in his retirement papers this time. What's Bart Starr doing these days?

co-owner of the Rawhide Boys Ranch. (for troubled youths)

Dating back to last year, my take was it would be really interesting to see Viking and Packer fans reactions to #4 wearing purple. If for no other reason, it would be highly entertaining to see Brett as a Viking to watch Packer fans heads explode, but it looks like it doesn't even need a signing to occur to make that happen as it already has. :wacko:

:kaboom:

As a Packer fan, you won't see our heads exploding. I'd be very happy if they took Favre to be their QB this year. He needs bicep surgery, so he'll either be currently mending or still needs it done. He doesn't know the playbook, and he's likely out of shape. So, basically like last year with the Jets. If Minny gets that type of season out of their QB, while it would be a step up from what they had last year, it should ensure the division will either go to the Pack or the Bears (although they have their own issues). I'll take that.

Enjoy your multi-INT games and heart-wrenching last minute losses, Vikes fans.

Favre deserves to be wearing purple. His notion of is current value far outweighs what his actual value is. :wacko: at anyone who thinks that GB would have had a better record with Favre last year. The problem wasn't the passing game, it was a D that couldn't hold up in the 4th quarter. Funny how people simply ignore GB's 4-12 season just 4 years ago when he lead the league in INTs with 29 vs only 20 TDs, and had 10 fumbles as well.

I love Favre, don't get me wrong. I love the way he plays the game. But I love the Packers more, and he crossed them up, plain & simple. If they would have brought Favre back last year under his conditions, they would have lost Rodgers. Given Favre's current age and the way his game has declined, that's not an acceptable trade off for the franchise.

Guess which of the four players don't belong here.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is no Steve Young. Put that in the books right now.

And Favre is no Montana, so what's your point?

I dont see how Favre is at all justified in being ticked at the Packers. He hinted at retiring for a few years, and then he said he was done. He got pretty emotional and he said that was all she wrote. The Packers moved on with Rodgers as well they should have. Watching that drama unfold from across the border, I applauded the Packer's organization for sticking to its guns and its comittment to Rodgers and not just giving in to Favre's desire to return. If anything, Favre should be angry with himself for not being able to make up his mind and/or not being a man of his word.

Few players are as synonymous with a team as Favre with GB. He had the opportunity to retire having played for only one team and being a huge part of its history. What he's done, though, is really damage something pretty unique/special and greatly tarnish his legacy. If he's looking to come back(and indeed does) just to try to stick it to one or two parts of that organization, that would be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in terms of the respect people still have for him, IMO.

I'd prefer to see him stick to his word and stay retired. He's what, 39 years old? I would kill to be able to retire before 40 and spend my days golfing, fishing, hunting, whatever. Let it go, Brett. Enjoy the life you've earned yourself and salvage your dignity.

As much as the Vikes need help at QB, I dont think this is a move that would work out the way a lot of Viking's fans are currently envisioning. I can see more scenarios of this being a disaster than I can it being a success, and I'd rather not deal with the drama.

Guess which of the four players don't belong here.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is no Steve Young. Put that in the books right now.

Wow. Thank you, Captain Obvious...

Wow. Thank you, Captain Obvious...

The point is that I haven't seen many compliments coming Favre's way out of Packer fans lately. They have their guy and it is Aaron Rodgers.

The 49'ers had a tough decision to make a few years back between Montana and Young. I just wanted to remind all of you that history is not repeating itself here. Now back to your scheduled programming.