[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free KFC from Oprah

kpholmes

From the title of the thread I initially thought that Oprah had seized control of one of the restaurants to have all the food for herself and was holding employees hostage until it was all gone.

I hear she was mad they didn't serve her favorite fruit there... :wacko:

Wierd, my numbers are all the same...the number under the bar code (which is a generic 0012345678901234), as well as the number in the middle of the coupon (050409014).

I just went back and clicked on the link again, and then "Print Coupon", and its still the same numbers :wacko:

IP addy. Try closing the machine down and then print another coupon

well denny's did it. I know taco bell does it pretty often locally for sports promotions and the like (free taco tuesday when the rockies hit 3 home runs, that sort of thing). I know you're remarkably dim, but surely you can realize the term "promotional giveaway" isn't something oprah winfrey just invented?

How you're so irate about Oprah giving out free food, especially with high unemployment numbers, is beyond me.

Are you angry about something else in your life right now?

Edited by WaterMan

IP addy. Try closing the machine down and then print another coupon

Not so fast...wasn't the IP addy. I sent a note to KFC's customer service, and they sent one bcak saying they have had numerous problems with so many people acccesing the site, and many coupons were printed with the same bar codes. They said all KFC locations will honor them. So in essense, if you printed your coupon during this time, you can photocopy the one generic version, and use it multpiple times, because the restaurants have been told to honor them :wacko:

here is their note:

Thank you for contacting KFC regarding the two-piece Kentucky Grilled Chicken™ meal offer from "The Oprah Winfrey Show®." While millions of coupons have been successfully downloaded and many have already been redeemed, we apologize if you have had problems downloading your coupon.

While there have been some technical issues as a result of overwhelming demand, we believe those issues have now been resolved.

Please know that we are totally committed to making sure that everyone has the opportunity to download their coupon for the free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal offer during the download period.

The download period has been extended by two hours (until 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 6, 2009) to allow everyone who has experienced problems to download their coupon.

Here is some important information and some suggestions to allow you to successfully download a coupon:

IF YOU RECEIVED AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO PRINT FROM THE COUPONS.COM COUPON PRINTER ("Sorry, you have already downloaded your maximum number of coupons"):

* If you haven’t already printed the maximum number of coupons, please visit www.unthinkfc.com and try to download your coupons again. We believe the technical issue has been resolved.

* If you continue to get an error message, consider "deleting the cookies" on your computer. That may take care of any remaining technical problems.

* For Internet Explorer users, click Tools/Internet Options/General/Delete Cookies

* For Firefox users, click Tools/Options/Privacy/Show Cookies/Remove All Cookies

* You may also have to disable any "pop-up blockers" in order to access the coupon printer.

* If that doesn't resolve the issue, please visit http://64.213.197.19/forms/irpt_welcome.asp?brandid=80 or call 1-800-CALL-KFC for assistance.

IF YOU HAD PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING THE PDF FROM OPRAH.COM ON THE EVENING OF MAY 5:

* Please visit www.unthinkfc.com and download your coupon(s).

* If you are unable to download your coupons, please visit http://64.213.197.19/forms/irpt_welcome.asp?brandid=80 or call 1-800-CALL-KFC for assistance.

IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT USING MULTIPLE COUPONS WITH THE SAME CODE NUMBER:

* All the PDF coupons downloaded from oprah.com on the morning of May 6 have the same bar code.

* Subject to the terms and conditions of the coupon and instructions on oprah.com, these coupons will be accepted by participating KFC restaurants in the U.S.

IF YOU DOWNLOADED COUPONS AND THEY WERE NOT ACCEPTED AT A KFC RESTAURANT:

* Please visit http://64.213.197.19/forms/irpt_welcome.asp?brandid=80 or call 1-800-CALL-KFC.

* Our Customer Service representatives will assist you and also take the information about your experience and follow up with the restaurant.

Again, thank you for contacting KFC and we apologize for any problems you've had printing your coupon.

KFC Consumer Affairs

Louisville, KY

How you're so irate about Oprah giving out free food, especially with high unemployment numbers, is beyond me.

Are you angry about something else in your life right now?

Well you think she could have shown a bit more compassion and included a drink with the meal :wacko: