[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perch

tbimm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of education are you requiring for those assistant super jobs?

It depends on their experience. The last assistant we hired does not have a college education, but has worked in construction for 12 years primarily for us and has been promoted from common laborer up to assistant super about 6 months ago. The two we are hiring are coming straight out of college, but they will learn more in 6 months on the job than they did the whole time they were in college. We hire them because we know for a fact they want to be in the construction field, they have a cursory knowledge of the field, and that we wont' be wasting our time training them, just to have them leave go into another field because they don't like it. Hopefully in 3 to 5 years they can run their own jobs.

ETA, the last guy wasn't promoted from common laborer to assistant supper, I meant he started off as a common labor and has been promoted, several times and is now an assistant.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

It depends on their experience. The last assistant we hired does not have a college education, but has worked in construction for 12 years primarily for us and has been promoted from common laborer up to assistant super about 6 months ago. The two we are hiring are coming straight out of college, but they will learn more in 6 months on the job than they did the whole time they were in college. We hire them because we know for a fact they want to be in the construction field, they have a cursory knowledge of the field, and that we wont' be wasting our time training them, just to have them leave go into another field because they don't like it. Hopefully in 3 to 5 years they can run their own jobs.

ETA, the last guy wasn't promoted from common laborer to assistant supper, I meant he started off as a common labor and has been promoted, several times and is now an assistant.

HMMMM? :wacko:

Both college educated huh?

HMMMM? :wacko:

Both college educated huh?

The two we are hiring next month yes. The one we just promoted to assistant super, only has a high school education. My grandfather started the company, and he didn't even have a high school diploma. The only reason we are hiring them out of college is because we know they committed to the field, not the education they may have received. There are other ways to show you are committed.

I'd also add the reason we view these two college guys as committed to the field is because they paid for their education, so they paid to get into the field, which leads us to believe they will stick with it.

I want to be the CEO of Wynn Las Vegas Hotel & Resort.

The gov't is not here to breast feed you.

Nobody giving me any handouts H8.

Did you get your geography lesson taken care of yet?

I can only assume you support free education, welfare, housing and automobiles to train unemployed people a new skill.

I don't think that any of that is any of the governments business.

You know what happens when you assume.

tbimm, the bottom line is that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Every chunk of cheese fedgov gives to someone it must first take from someone who has worked and earned it. This begs the question: "By what right do you force person A to pay for the poor planning/preparation/decisions of person B?" Because when you distill it down to its base, that's what your dealing with.

tbimm, the bottom line is that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Every chunk of cheese fedgov gives to someone it must first take from someone who has worked and earned it. This begs the question: "By what right do you force person A to pay for the poor planning/preparation/decisions of person B?" Because when you distill it down to its base, that's what your dealing with.

It is a vicious cycle my friend. We leave the people who HAD a job on unemployment and offer nothing to improve the position that they are in and we wind up with more people on welfare. They won't ALL kill themselves. I know that sounds bad but sometimes I wonder what the true right wingers are hoping for.

I am not calling for reeducation of the lifelong welfare recipient. I am just saying that the idea of offering recently productive members of society a chance to return to that status may not be such a bad idea!

Taken to it's logical conclusion, the utopia you dream of would have maybe 5% of the people reasonably well off while everyone else was in poverty. Those in poverty would then destroy the 5%. Your failure to understand what constitutes a society (and the benefits that accrue to all, not just "welfare recipients") is willful.

"By what right do you force person A to pay for the poor planning/preparation/decisions of person B?"

Not only is promoting the general welfare of our society specifically mentioned in the preamble of the constitution; as Ursa points out, it's a necessity for long term survival of any society.

There was little rain during Katrina and none for quite some time afterward.

Fine. Less water, then. But that wasn't my point and you know it. My point was that large groups without effective government descend into anarchy surprisingly fast.

I'd also add the reason we view these two college guys as committed to the field is because they paid for their education, so they paid to get into the field, which leads us to believe they will stick with it.

My college had a pretty good tech field that combined Industrial Distribution, Telecom, along with Construction Management majors. I'm not going to say that the CM majors read War and Piece in their spare time, but you could tell that they worked hard and were able to learn. Most of those guys worked 40 hours and went to school at the same time. So, I did better in the joined classes we had with the CM majors but honestly I respected their work ethic. I don't know chit about Perch or his business but hiring guys coming out of a decent program seems like a solid investment. You really don't learn that much in college that prepares you for your real job, but you know that the graduates can work, learn, and plan on staying in your field.

Fine. Less water, then. But that wasn't my point and you know it. My point was that large groups without effective government descend into anarchy surprisingly fast.

I know.

My college had a pretty good tech field that combined Industrial Distribution, Telecom, along with Construction Management majors. I'm not going to say that the CM majors read War and Piece in their spare time, but you could tell that they worked hard and were able to learn. Most of those guys worked 40 hours and went to school at the same time. So, I did better in the joined classes we had with the CM majors but honestly I respected their work ethic. I don't know chit about Perch or his business but hiring guys coming out of a decent program seems like a solid investment. You really don't learn that much in college that prepares you for your real job, but you know that the graduates can work, learn, and plan on staying in your field.

This is carryover from a locked thread.

Taken to it's logical conclusion, the utopia you dream of would have maybe 5% of the people reasonably well off while everyone else was in poverty. Those in poverty would then destroy the 5%. Your failure to understand what constitutes a society (and the benefits that accrue to all, not just "welfare recipients") is willful.

yup worked out real well for other civilizations. Unless you carry some of the slack and try not to have to many with out anything, a civilizations can last quite a long while.Well unless you want to make them uneducated.... wait that is a republican plan as of 1980 :wacko: