[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

joe biden does it again

dmarc117

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

:wacko:

Link?

Lemme guess....another fascinating news story from that mecca of impartiality, Fox News?

http://news.aol.com/main/politics/article/...bunker%2F486555

keep guessin :wacko:

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner.
Edited by dmarc117

Hmmm...looks like you found an link that picked up on the original story.

But based on the slanted text you cut and pasted in the original post, it came from here. The original Newsweek story linked in your snippet was not demeaning to Biden in any way.

Do I still need to keep guessing? :wacko:

But based on the slanted text you cut and pasted in the original post, it came from here. The original Newsweek story linked in your snippet was not demeaning to Biden in any way.

so fox reporting on it makes it false? nice try. the guy is an idiot. all sides know this.

Edited by dmarc117

Why not just comment on the issues instead of deflecting? Is it really that hard?

What is the issue, other than trying to find yet another meaningless reason to complain?

Well the location is no longer secret, so presumably they will have to build another one. I'm guessing that isn't going to be free. Also is the information classified? Wasn't there a real big stink a few years ago about a vice president possibly leaking classified information?

Well the location is no longer secret, so presumably they will have to build another one. I'm guessing that isn't going to be free. Also is the information classified? Wasn't there a real big stink a few years ago about a vice president possibly leaking classified information?

Intentional vs Foot in Mouth-itis which Biden is known for.

Putting himself at risk vs outing undercover CIA ops and ruining years of ground work.

You didn't care then, why is it suddenly important now, and with something far less egregious?

Intentional vs Foot in Mouth-itis which Biden is known for.

Putting himself at risk vs outing undercover CIA ops and ruining years of ground work.

You didn't care then, why is it suddenly important now, and with something far less egregious?

I'd say being so stupid as to do it on accident is more disconcerting than doing it intentionally. Also I wasn't making a big deal about it. I had already read the story and hadn't planned on commenting about it. My original post in this thread wasn't even stating an opinion on the issue, but rather asking someone to comment on the issue instead of deflecting. It wasn't until I was specifically asked what the issue was that I commented on it.

I am shocked to learn that the VP's residence might have an underground bunker... whoever would have guessed that?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17...ommentscomments

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

It's pretty cool that Cheney was able to hang out in a secret bunker before it was even built. :wacko:

Link?

Lemme guess....another fascinating news story from that mecca of impartiality, Fox News?

You could easily insert NBC,CBS,ABC,CNN,MSNBC,Larry King,The Daily Show and the list goes on and on.

You could easily insert NBC,CBS,ABC,CNN,MSNBC,Larry King,The Daily Show and the list goes on and on.

The Daily Show is a satire; and as far as the rest, they don't have near the track record as Fox of printing unconfirmed political rumor as a story.

The Daily Show is a satire; and as far as the rest, they don't have near the track record as Fox of printing unconfirmed political rumor as a story.

Your kidding right? Wasn't it 60 Minutes that ran a bogus story about Bush right before the election? Acording to this UCLA (they are pretty conservative right) report, the media in general leans left. Fox actually is one of the more fair and ballanced.

....or slanting the truth with biased rhetoric.

does fox reporting on this make it false?

Edited by dmarc117

Your kidding right? Wasn't it 60 Minutes that ran a bogus story about Bush right before the election? Acording to this UCLA (they are pretty conservative right) report, the media in general leans left. Fox actually is one of the more fair and ballanced.

I can search the internets too, and could keep on going, but it's really a waste of time:

News outlets including CNN cited a study of several major media outlets by a UCLA political scientist and a University of Missouri-Columbia economist purporting to "show a strong liberal bias." But the study employed a measure of "bias" so problematic that its findings are next to useless, and the authors -- both former fellows at conservative think tanks cited in the study to illustrate liberal bias -- seem unaware of the substantial scholarly work that exists on the topic.

This kind of stuff is what makes discussing politics seem useless. A simple story like this and people get off on tangents about the media being biased and untruthful.

Did Biden say it or not? That is all we need to know - A yes or no answer is sufficient. If any media asked Biden I am guessing you would not get a yes or no answer. How hard is it to just report the truth??

Why even vote when you can't even get a legimate answer to a question in most of the debates. Who knows what each candidate is really for and what will they really do when nobody can just be honest. All it ever tunrs into is a stupid right wing versus left wing pissing match.