[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robins

Piranha

So my daughter's bedroom is on the 2nd floor of our house. This spring, before we had a chance to put her air conditioner in, we discovered a robin's nest on her window sill.

Long story short, after a couple of weeks... one little blue egg, then 2, then 3. then finally 4.

The vegetarian/nature lover that she is... (her choice, which I am proud of her for) decided to sweat it out until the robin and her babies have moved on, even if it took all summer.

My daughter is 14 and very strong in her ways. Even though she understands her Dad is a meat lover..

Anyways, over Memorial Day weekend while she is away with Mom, 3 eggs have hatched, and there are 3 little balls of yellow fur and some really tiny beaks, squirming around the nest along with still 1 small blue egg. Luckily, she got to witness that.

So I check today when I get home from work. If my memory is right, 2 days after the last sighting.

Nest is completely empty, and no sign of even the Mother bird, or the last blue egg... into the evening.

Obviously these baby birds were not ready to fly....

so what gives?

Crows. We had a mockingbird nest, pretty much the same thing.

That would have been nice at my house. We had a bird's nest in an ornament that hangs from our front door. Haven't been able to use it for a while now. I did use it the other night after a night of drinking and ended up having to get a bird out of the house in a not so sober state. Good thing the bird flew into a wall and was dazed or I would have probably left it til the morning!