[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some of you may have an issue with what these guys think

muck

I don't even read this crap anymore. I've come to realize the no one has a very good handle on this stuff. I'll keep putting my 401k's into index funds ad spending the bulk of my time and money developing land. That being said it is comforting in a masochistic way to know that the denizens of the tailgate have as good of a handle on the economy as Geitner, Obama, and Buffet.

the only analyst I find myself agreeing with is Peter Schiff....he's been right about our economy for the past couple of years now and manages to hit the nail on the head continuously...and somehow manages to...continuously get laughed at by other guests on the same panel....while getting the last laugh after they end up being dead wrong..

As opposed to listening to folks who've never actually held gainful employment in their entire lives? I mean, if you don't like working for rich folks you can always go ask a poor person for a job. :wacko:

This is stupid, even for you.

• 1 month later...
the only analyst I find myself agreeing with is Peter Schiff....he's been right about our economy for the past couple of years now and manages to hit the nail on the head continuously...and somehow manages to...continuously get laughed at by other guests on the same panel....while getting the last laugh after they end up being dead wrong..

:wacko:

listen to how they laughed.

good ol' ben stein was pushing merrill in the 70s ...

:wacko:

listen to how they laughed.

good ol' ben stein was pushing merrill in the 70s ...

:D the only thing I disagree with is his position with Euro Pacific....his calls on our economy were head on, but he doesn't seem to give very good investment advice.....

which can really on mean that his calls on the economy were not head on at all

By that way of thinking, you should be rich as hell right? I only know one economist in real life (in a personal setting), but I took two micro and a macro class back in the day from two different professors. None of them were wealthy. The only wealth economist I know of is Ben Stein, and he didn't make his money as an economist.

By that way of thinking, you should be rich as hell right? I only know one economist in real life (in a personal setting), but I took two micro and a macro class back in the day from two different professors. None of them were wealthy. The only wealth economist I know of is Ben Stein, and he didn't make his money as an economist.

I am smart enough to know that I can't beat the markets. I put my money in mutual funds and index funds. Most economists that I know of don't play around in the markets either.

(I'll also note that if I were in it to get wealthy, I would never have become a professor.)

Edited by wiegie

(I'll also note that if I were in it to get wealthy, I would never have become a professor.)

How's that 'ol sayin go?

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach, become economic professors.

Edited by H8tank

which can really on mean that his calls on the economy were not head on at all

that's not true....his opinions on silver and gold are correct, but the tips he has given as to which ETF's to buy were poor decisions..

you should watch his videos rather than listen to what I have to say...because he was the one analyst saying not to buy houses or stocks back in 06/07 while everyone else including Ben Stein called him crazy and laughed at him....they were all saying that it was a great time to buy into Goldman Sachs, Washington Mutual....etc. etc. but they were the ones that were dead wrong..