[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 WR this year.

Randall

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly, are you criticizing me for putting Wayne ahead of Smith, when you yourself say Reggie could be #1? :wacko:

:D

Yep, I'll agree with that, but I'd put Smith ahead of Wayne in a cheatsheet exactly for the reasons that keg put forth. But could wayne end the season as the #1 FF WR? There is no question that I wouldn't consider it a surprise, even though he isn't what I'd consider one of the favorites. His name absolutely belongs on the list, though.

I'd love to see some of your ideas on sleepers!!

see...people in my local lurk these boards now and for the past 2 years they seem to conveniently snag up most of my sleepers a little early....which is sort of good for me because sleepers have their spot to be drafted at...

but sometimes.....it's best to not talk at all...plus a few of them are just a few WR's I think will finally breakout and aren't exactly "sleepers"...whereas some of them are definitely sleeper material..

actually...I'll wing a new top 10...

RMoss

Fitz

AJ

Smitty

Colston

Megatron

Wayne

Jennings

RWhite

Boldin

but I think there are some great sleepers as well....which I won't go into like I used to...

That's a very good list. I'm a little further down on Jennings than you - and I'm a Jennings' fan and a Jennings' owner - in that I think GB is going to have 4 credible targets, which will reduce the opportunities for him. No knock on him, Rodgers, or GB - just the ability to spread the ball around more with Driver still active and Jones and Nelson maturing. That precludes TEs getting a little more love too if Finley develops.

That's a very good list. I'm a little further down on Jennings than you - and I'm a Jennings' fan and a Jennings' owner - in that I think GB is going to have 4 credible targets, which will reduce the opportunities for him. No knock on him, Rodgers, or GB - just the ability to spread the ball around more with Driver still active and Jones and Nelson maturing. That precludes TEs getting a little more love too if Finley develops.

I had Jennings around 10th a few months back....but I think he's the best playmaker in the offense and the spread out offense will favor him...

the opinions that we have on his situation are probably a matter of opinion and can't be determined either way other than maybe a flip of the coin...

but as the start of the regular season looms...he'll probably slip down my list some as I get to see a bit more of the other WR's in his area...

and I probably could put White where he is at.....because of Ryan being young and young QB's tend to throw in the direction they feel most comfortable......or he could start seeing double coverage?...who knows...

A couple others that just possibly if everything in the world fell right could end up atop the list:

CJ

Housh

A. Bryant

They have the talent and are really the only target currently on their respective teams. I don't expect any to be top 10, but none would shock me to be top five.

Really though, if you give me Moss vs. The Field, I take Moss.

see...people in my local lurk these boards now and for the past 2 years they seem to conveniently snag up most of my sleepers a little early....which is sort of good for me because sleepers have their spot to be drafted at...

but sometimes.....it's best to not talk at all...plus a few of them are just a few WR's I think will finally breakout and aren't exactly "sleepers"...whereas some of them are definitely sleeper material..

I'm sorry did you type something, my eyes were distracted! :wacko:

A couple others that just possibly if everything in the world fell right could end up atop the list:

CJ

Housh

A. Bryant

They have the talent and are really the only target currently on their respective teams. I don't expect any to be top 10, but none would shock me to be top five.

Really though, if you give me Moss vs. The Field, I take Moss.

I have Bryant in a keeper league and think he is prime for a huge let down. I think last year was a fluke.

I have Bryant in a keeper league and think he is prime for a huge let down. I think last year was a fluke.

I think that the talent has always been there....as long as he has a rapport with the QB and keeps away from...distractions...he can put up all=pro numbers...

Sooo, when you originally posted in this thread entitled "#1 WR this year" you say:

I should move Smith up a couple of notches (I've always been a Smith fan), but I think his TDs (or lack of them) will keep him from being the top FF WR in the league this year. But top 5? I'd agree with that.

When you decide to pick your choices for who will have the best fantasy year you say:

This year I think Moss is the guy to watch. He's one year off that mammoth season, and even with Brady hurt last year he put up very solid numbers. I worry about Fitz's success being tied to Warner, and what happens to him if Leinart is forced to start due to injury (as well as the emergence of Breaston as a third very legitimate target), and Andre Johnson has the same issue Smith does - a lack of receiving TDs.

I'd keep a close eye on Wayne now that Harrison is finally gone, keep an eye on Colston as well with Brees in the pass happy NO O, and I'd also watch Calvin Johnson entering his third year if Culpepper holds off Stafford for the starting QB spot. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if any of those three ended up being the top FF WR by the end of the year.

And then when I basically say the same thing, that I have Wayne ahead of Smith, that I have some concerns about Smith's durablitly, QB, and TD production, you come back to the thread and say this:

keg, just shrug your shoulders and quit, man. You clearly proved your point . . . You simply aren't going to convince some people of some things because their irrational man love/man hate of a player supercedes any reasonable discussion or comparison of statistics . . .

It's the old "never argue with an idiot" thing, my friend...

:wacko::D:D

And when you get called on your flip-flop, you quickly change your tune to:

Yep, I'll agree with that, but I'd put Smith ahead of Wayne in a cheatsheet exactly for the reasons that keg put forth. But could wayne end the season as the #1 FF WR? There is no question that I wouldn't consider it a surprise, even though he isn't what I'd consider one of the favorites. His name absolutely belongs on the list, though.

So you think Wayne could be #1. You had to bump Smith up in your rankings and think he might be top 5. And on your cheat sheet you've got Steve Smith ahead of Wayne?

That's fine if you changed your mind in the middle of this thread, but don't jump down my throat for not changing mine. I've got Steve Smith a little lower than most, and I've explained why. You had to turn this into name-calling and berating me even though we had the same opinion. At least at first.

Edited by CaptainHook

A. Bryant

I have no faith in the Bucs QB situation this year to produce anything like decent FF numbers, nice to see someone who does.

I agree that Bryant is a bit of a stretch, but he really didn't have a significant QB last year and had a stretch where he was one of the top WR's in fantasy football. Nobody knows how consistent he will be, but he looks to have the talent, and figures to get plenty of touches.

They're the Texans. They always play from behind. Especially in a tough division.

some think they're taking a step foward in this division, while others might be regressing, I like how they look on paper right now on both sides of the ball

I'd add Boldin to the list if it weren't for his penchant for getting injured on top of his reliance on Warner for his numbers and that Breaston has emerged (the same arguments two against Fitz as the #1 WR). In 6 seasons, Boldin has only played in 16 games twice. The other 4 seasons he has averaged 12 games played per year - that's a full quarter of a FF season. That goes beyond coincidence and into injury-prone in my mind.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Standard scoring, no PPR as of today:

Andre Johnson 193.6

Miles Austin 180.9

Reggie Wayne 179.0

Randy Moss 174.4

DeSean Jackson 174.1

Vincent Jackson 171.8

Brandon Marshall 171.7

Larry Fitzgerald 168.7

Marques Coltson 152.0