[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll: Who will our next conflict be with?

Cunning Runt

Who will our next conflict be with?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will our next conflict be with?

• North Korea
    • Iran
    • Other

What is obama gonna do if nk bombes seoul?

What is obama gonna do if iran attacks isreal?

Nothing.

I have tried to leave you crackpots alone. You guys are straight up batmanure crazy.

FEAR! FEAR! FEAR! "Please listen to us, everybody is out to get you! The gubment they are coming for you to put the chip in your head. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

How can such intelligent people sound so damn stupid with such regularity?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did we pay for WWII? The economy was worse then than it was now. We might actually have to make sacrifices. People may have to realize that owning and PS3 and a big screen are luxuries and not rights. We might have to cut entitlements, all kinds of other bloated spending programs. We might have to raise taxes.

Or have a draft. That should grab the warmongers attention.

Nothing.

Man, that would be a delightful change. Let them fight their own wars.

Don't think N Korea is a real problem at this time. Most of the talk recently is to help establish his third son as the "man" when he passes.

Kim the father is apparently really sick and worried about his son taking over if he has another stroke.The son is currently 27 years old and probably would have a problem with much older military if he takes over.

The North has made a few concessions in the last 36 hours which is good for the South.

Or have a draft. That should grab the warmongers attention.

If it is needed, and we can not raise a large enough army through volunteer enlistment then you won't find any opposition to a draft from me. I think you will find it will not be needed though. If you look at enlistment numbers as we were going into Iraq they were historically high. It wasn't until the left started demonizing the war that enlistment started falling, and falling fairly dramatically. If we end up having to go to war, I think you will find the right much more supportive, and I would assume that the left would be much more likely support Obama and "his" war. I may be wrong, but I don' t think that I am.

Don't think N Korea is a real problem at this time. Most of the talk recently is to help establish his third son as the "man" when he passes.

Kim the father is apparently really sick and worried about his son taking over if he has another stroke.The son is currently 27 years old and probably would have a problem with much older military if he takes over.

The North has made a few concessions in the last 36 hours which is good for the South.

The voice of reason. I actually think the dynasty ends with this new guy and the military starts to run the show, maybe from behind the scenes they already are. After that, the isolation may begin to lift with the cult of personality gone.

If you look at enlistment numbers as we were going into Iraq they were historically high. It wasn't until the left started demonizing the war that enlistment started falling, and falling fairly dramatically.

Enlistment started falling because soldiers were dying in droves.

Nothing.

I think if NK bombs SK, Obama will invade Saudi Arabia.

If Iran attacks Israel, I think there is a good chance we'd see exactly what nukes Israel has.

I don't think the ROK or Israel either one will need any help dealing with PRK or Iran, respectively. They both have our technology and our weapons systems. The only danger in either is if other dogs (China in the former and the other belligerent gulf states in the latter) decide to jump into the fight. If the newsies are accurate and PRK decides to test a long range missile on Independence Day I hope the obamessiah has the stones to shoot it off the freakin' launch pad. But I doubt it.

If it is needed, and we can not raise a large enough army through volunteer enlistment then you won't find any opposition to a draft from me. I think you will find it will not be needed though. If you look at enlistment numbers as we were going into Iraq they were historically high. It wasn't until the left started demonizing the war that enlistment started falling, and falling fairly dramatically. If we end up having to go to war, I think you will find the right much more supportive, and I would assume that the left would be much more likely support Obama and "his" war. I may be wrong, but I don' t think that I am.

Or maybe enlistment started to fall about the time that normal thinking people realized that the POTUS lied through his,and many others, teeth!!

Left or right, I think the normal thinking people are going to be much more cautious about throwing their support behind a load of manure.

I don't care which side the leader is from.... Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Maybe we are better off with someone who actually tries diplomacy before settling daddys old scores!

Enlistment started falling because soldiers were dying in droves.

Ursa you know your history better than that. Name another conflict with this many of our forces that had as low of a mortality rate. In relative terms very few lives have been lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. It was liberals like in government, in the media, and like you that made a hugh deal about it, completely overstating it and blowing it our of proportion, rarely if ever comparing it to previous conflicts to give any real perspective as to what was going on.

Ursa you know your history better than that. Name another conflict with this many of our forces that had as low of a mortality rate. In relative terms very few lives have been lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. It was liberals like in government, in the media, and like you that made a hugh deal about it, completely overstating it and blowing it our of proportion, rarely if ever comparing it to previous conflicts to give any real perspective as to what was going on.

I stand by my point. And TBimm is right too - enlistment dropped once people realized the whole thing was based on a farrago of lies.

Or maybe enlistment started to fall about the time that normal thinking people realized that the POTUS lied through his,and many others, teeth!!

Left or right, I think the normal thinking people are going to be much more cautious about throwing their support behind a load of manure.

I don't care which side the leader is from.... Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Maybe we are better off with someone who actually tries diplomacy before settling daddys old scores!

I'm not going to get into this argument again, but both Clintons, Gore, Kerry, and many many other had the same intel the Bush had and there was cooberating intel from foreign sources that matched ours. Bush had bad intel, he didn't lie, and left's insistence that he did is part of the problem with enlistment. That is all I'm going to say, as I doubt we will ever agree on it.

I stand by my point. And TBimm is right too - enlistment dropped once people realized the whole thing was based on a farrago of lies.

And I'll stand by mine, had it not been for left, in government, the media, and in poor misguided souls blowing the death toll out of proportion and starting with "Bush lied people died" crap enlistment wouldn't have fallen off. Our young men and women would have continued to enlist, but when people like you constantly tell them they are fighting for nothing yeah it will fall of. Should we get into a war with Obama, you can bet the right won't do what the left did.

I'm not going to get into this argument again, but both Clintons, Gore, Kerry, and many many other had the same intel the Bush had and there was cooberating intel from foreign sources that matched ours. Bush had bad intel, he didn't lie, and left's insistence that he did is part of the problem with enlistment. That is all I'm going to say, as I doubt we will ever agree on it.

OK. They all had the same intel. Why is it that some were able to avoid taking on another country fully dependent on our WELFARE and another took it on whole heartedly while trying to convince us normal thinking people that it was right by any means necessary?

OK. They all had the same intel. Why is it that some were able to avoid taking on another country fully dependent on our WELFARE and another took it on whole heartedly while trying to convince us normal thinking people that it was right by any means necessary?

Everyone I listed supported us going into Iraq when we went. It wasn't until the left turned on the action that they started singing a different tune. You won't get an argument about it being a mistake to have gone it, but it was an honest mistake, made by the leaders in both parties and the majority of congress. Even with the mistake, it served to off an evil dictator and could have been something to be proud of until the left started their political crap over it.

starting with "Bush lied people died" crap enlistment wouldn't have fallen off. Our young men and women would have continued to enlist, but when people like you constantly tell them they are fighting for nothing yeah it will fall of. .

Then what were they fighting for Perch? It wasnt to get Osama bin Laden. It wasnt for WMD.

Was if because the Iraqi people wanted freedom? (that was the popular spin). If that is true, then why havent we intervened in the Sudan, or Checneya (sp?) and dozens of other hotspots?

That is where the hypocracy comes in . . . and people question why the hell we are involved. When more soldiers come back missing limbs and are severely injured versus the very low fatality rate, those make the evening news.

Hell, Iran and NK both have more credible WMD then Iraq EVER did (intelligence and phantom trailers in the desert notwithstanding) so why isnt the right clamoring for invasion and war immediately?

Everyone I listed supported us going into Iraq when we went. It wasn't until the left turned on the action that they started singing a different tune. You won't get an argument about it being a mistake to have gone it, but it was an honest mistake, made by the leaders in both parties and the majority of congress. Even with the mistake, it served to off an evil dictator and could have been something to be proud of until the left started their political crap over it.

So you are telling me that you never saw this coming? Iraq was sold to you, me, and everyone else based on bullmanure.

I am not going to dig for it right now but I do remember info a while back that eluded to Bush and his cronies ignoring intel that told us there were not WMD in Iraq. At least that there was a hugh ? about the existence.

This is old crap as you said and not worth arguing at this point.

My thing is that I am tired of people like my boss and some here spewing all the fear manure in hopes of showing us that we should have voted for another guy who would have been more inclined to spend billions abroad fixing our screw ups than spending that money here making all of our lives more livable.

Perch you are far more informed than my boss will ever be. That said.... the constant sniffing of Obamas underwear to see if he farted has made many dumb ass righties with no thoughts of their own almost intolerable!

Edited by tbimm

.... and nobody is dumb enough to do that when they know the size of our nuclear arsenal.

Nobody cares about our nuclear arsenal. Because everybody knows we will never use it. Makes me wanna puke.

Good info jack. Keep it comin'.

Edited by skylive5

Nobody cares about our nuclear arsenal. Because everybody knows we will never use it. Makes me wanna puke.

and I hope we never want to or "have" to use our nukes...

of course, Obama won't even think about going to war until we get bombed up and down from the Canadian to the Messican borders

Well, I posted the initial poll, but of the 10 that have said "other", I'm curious where and over what?

This was initially not intended to spark the debate that ensued but that's ok. I was honestly just curious where y'all think it will be. 'Cause there WILL be another conflict we get involved in - that much is certain.