[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Fourth of July!

Chargerz

Had a great BBQ birthday / 4th party for my daughter. Topped it off with a fireworks show. We sent an open invite to the party and honestly didnt know who was going to show. It ended up the perfect amount of adults and kids for my girls to play with. Stocked fridge , stocked bar. Great times :wacko:

Had a great BBQ birthday / 4th party for my daughter. Topped it off with a fireworks show. We sent an open invite to the party and honestly didnt know who was going to show. It ended up the perfect amount of adults and kids for my girls to play with. Stocked fridge , stocked bar. Great times :D

:wacko:

We went camping out in Shenandoah National Park. The highlights include a five mile hike, a ten mile hike, a deer that tried to eat the tent, two lizards that scared the bejezus out of Ms Cid and encounters with two black bears.

Went to the springs with Marie's brother, son, and a couple friends. They have relatives down there and a hop, skip, and a jump to the Santa Fe River and Ginnie Springs, Blue Springs and Ichetuckney. Left after work Friday and got down there and drank plenty of brews. On the 4th went for a 5-6 hour relaxing ride(more like glide) down the Santa Fe with stops at some of the natural springs in between. Actually had a manatee swim right under me at Ginnie Springs. Wished I'd have had my camera. I got a bit toasted on the raft, but otherwise had a great time and really needed the relaxation.

The family had killed a pig and we had some incredible food on the 4th. Forgot to take my "to go" bag with me this morning when we left. :wacko: One of the nephews bought a massive supply of fireworks and put on a very nice show for us. I'm tired as hell right now as we were up very late drinking and having a great time and I may have got 3 hours of sleep if I was lucky. I think I finally met my match in Marie's brother. He snored so damn loud I had to sleep outside and away from the tent. Happy belated 4th everyone!!

me and the boys went to the reds game yesterday and in the 1st inning we caught a home run ball! here's the home run:

rasmus homers to right center

if you watch the video, you can see us in the outfield catching the ball. nick makes a good stab at it with his glove and it bounced off his glove, right into my lap. you can see Nick dressed in white standing up and i'm sitting down in the reds shirt and hat. the ball just fell right into my lap!

the kids were pretty excited (me too) ...

me and the boys went to the reds game yesterday and in the 1st inning we caught a home run ball! here's the home run:

if you watch the video, you can see us in the outfield catching the ball. nick makes a good stab at it with his glove and it bounced off his glove, right into my lap. you can see Nick dressed in white standing up and i'm sitting down in the reds shirt and hat. the ball just fell right into my lap!

That was too cool, ton!!

:wacko::D

Finished yesterday w/ a party at my cuz's. 2 drunken party nites in a row! :wacko:

I won 2 out of three 8-ball games against 2 decent players. Life is good. I did lose at dice. $10. :D

We got into the center front section on the lawn of the Capitol Building (DC, nice to have some "hooks"). Watched Barry Manilow, Muppets, The New Jersey Boys and Aretha Franklin live. Then followed up by the US Army Bugle Corps playing to an awesome fireworks show over the Washington Monument. They were passing out flags, :wacko::D:D:D:D and got some great pics. Hopefully the kids will remember this, at least through pictures, for the rest of their lives. It was a great experience, as an American, to do at least once.

My wife, after 25 years of marriage, naturalized this year and it was extra special for her as well.

We got into the center front section on the lawn of the Capitol Building (DC, nice to have some "hooks"). Watched Barry Manilow, Muppets, The New Jersey Boys and Aretha Franklin live. Then followed up by the US Army Bugle Corps playing to an awesome fireworks show over the Washington Monument. They were passing out flags, :wacko::D:D:D:D and got some great pics. Hopefully the kids will remember this, at least through pictures, for the rest of their lives. It was a great experience, as an American, to do at least once.

My wife, after 25 years of marriage, naturalized this year and it was extra special for her as well.

Cool - we were there the 4th of July immediately following 9/11. Security was tight big time. The firworks themselves were kind of hard to see. The previous firework smoke hovered around the Washington Mounument and actually hid a bunch of the fireworks.

For our part, we went to the Wisconsin Dells Thur-Sun which advertises itself as the Waterpark Capital of the world. Almost every resort/hotel has one and the bigger ones have an indoor and an outdoor.

Wisconsin is my work territory so I checked out some work stuff there and back and was able to expense all the gas, some of the food, and about half of the hotel expense.

Pretty cool place. Perfect for a long weekend trip.