[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maturity

Savage Beatings

I think I've hit a wall. I may have seen a small spike in maturity since my son was born 5 years ago, but otherwise I've pretty much been on a plateau for about 15 years. I'm 39 right now, so maybe I should just put off thinking about this until I turn 40 next year (nice round number). :wacko:

I feel i have matured since becoming a dad and approach my Duties as a Dad/Husband/provider with Maturity but as far as humor goes I still laugh and talk about the dumbest most immature things you could ever imagine

I feel i have matured since becoming a dad and approach my Duties as a Dad/Husband/provider with Maturity but as far as humor goes I still laugh and talk about the dumbest most immature things you could ever imagine

Yeah, farts are forever funny, no but I hear ya on the Dad front and Husband front, but I love to play with my kids and still get silly and my wife is my best freind as well. My kids however no the difference between silly Daddy and serious Daddy.

Yeah, farts are forever funny, no but I hear ya on the Dad front and Husband front, but I love to play with my kids and still get silly and my wife is my best freind as well. My kids however no the difference between silly Daddy and serious Daddy.

Exactly. I am the silly one with the kids. I love when they go along with and enjoy my ridiculous games. My wife thinks the 3 of us are nuts. The ice cream man in my town plays the song "do your ears hang low" as his chime when he drives around the neighborhood. I made up fake words to it and taught it to my kids. The whole song revolves around farts. They sing it every time we hear his truck

Exactly. I am the silly one with the kids. I love when they go along with and enjoy my ridiculous games. My wife thinks the 3 of us are nuts. The ice cream man in my town plays the song "do your ears hang low" as his chime when he drives around the neighborhood. I made up fake words to it and taught it to my kids. The whole song revolves around farts. They sing it every time we hear his truck

Bingo and keep it up, my own father was all tuff love and I never heard "way to go" or "nice job", and we hardly ever speak, so love'em and be silly with them........my Pops could have used those "Take time to be a Dad today infomercials for sure!!!!

I always said I want to mature slower than my child. I kept that vow. Hell,at the kitchen table I still say "Ya like SEA food? SEE food!" and open my mouth. My daughter laughs but says "GROSS" and the wife yells "STOP IT!". wives will never understand farts, burps, scratching in "No Man's Land", etc..

On a serious note, my Dad always said "Be childish when you WANT to be, but be mature when you HAVE to be." Good words.

On a serious note, my Dad always said "Be childish when you WANT to be, but be mature when you HAVE to be." Good words.

:wacko: That is a great piece of advice.

I always said I want to mature slower than my child. I kept that vow. Hell,at the kitchen table I still say "Ya like SEA food? SEE food!" and open my mouth. My daughter laughs but says "GROSS" and the wife yells "STOP IT!". wives will never understand farts, burps, scratching in "No Man's Land", etc..

RR, that's one of the best quotes I've ever seen.

And it's true: Men, kids, even dogs understand that farts and burps are funny. Why don't wimmens? :wacko: