[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walter Cronkite dies at 92

Randall

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. Where have all the real newsmen gone?

RIP

It costs a lot to cover the news. Stations used toi lose money on it but cover it because it was part of the pact with the FCC. They were given licenses basicallky for free with the provision they serve the community.

Now it's all for profit and news is seen as entertainment too.

LINK

It costs a lot to cover the news. Stations used toi lose money on it but cover it because it was part of the pact with the FCC. They were given licenses basicallky for free with the provision they serve the community.

Now it's all for profit and news is seen as entertainment too.

LINK

I am OK with the entertainment part...but still feel that news media should always be impartial. They are reporting the news...not inventing it or making themselves more important than it.

I am OK with the entertainment part...but still feel that news media should always be impartial. They are reporting the news...not inventing it or making themselves more important than it.

I agree.

I get more tough questions from John Stewart and Colbert than many news outlets now. It's become more like the enquirer than real news.

Walter always said he wanted to go in space before he died. He wanted to see the earth from space. I'm sorry he didn't make it.

Saw this quote at another site and modern newsmen should pay attention...

by BarbinMD

Sat Jul 18, 2009 at 02:01:08 PM CST

In the hours following the death of Walter Cronkite, the accolades began pouring in; "legendary," "iconic," "set the standard," a "voice of certainty in an uncertain world," reminders that he was once known as "the most trusted man in America," and perhaps the most telling, a lament that "we'll never see his like again."

And with that in mind, perhaps members of the media could pause and consider why a journalist who instilled trust in his viewers by simply reporting the news is "someone whose like we will never see again." And maybe they'll even take a moment to think about what it says about them.