[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPhone Question

matt770

As an AT&T employee I can get a refurbished iPhone 3G 8GB for $49.99. The latest and greatest is the 3G-S. What is the main difference between these phones, anybody know? Want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything major or buying a POS. TIA.

As an AT&T employee I can get a refurbished iPhone 3G 8GB for $49.99. The latest and greatest is the 3G-S. What is the main difference between these phones, anybody know? Want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything major or buying a POS. TIA.

Slightly faster processor and RAM in the 3GS, also the compass which rotates your map as you turn. Better camera with a focus, and video camera.

I'm sorry. I worked for BellSouth Cellular/Cingular/AT&T for 8 years a while back. Went downhill severely after the merger with SBC.

3G is fine for me, I have had it for 6 months and not in a hurry to upgrade to the S. It is still a nice little phone and for that price I would jump all over it

you still get all the software updates, so the only real advantage is speed(negligible), memory(I am not even close to using mine) and the camera/video -

I'm sorry. I worked for BellSouth Cellular/Cingular/AT&T for 8 years a while back. Went downhill severely after the merger with SBC.

I'm in business services and very little has changed since SBC took over. The intranet sites are snazzier and we have twice as many internal compliance trainings, that's about it. I've had to work on a few projects with wireless people and they seem stressed and overworked to the max. Very chaotic there from what I've heard. I'm definitely glad they are part of us since the iPhone phenomenon has taken over though...we're raking in the dough, even in this climate.

Better camera with a focus, and video camera.
So it took 3 generations of phones before they figured that people might want to focus or record video? Amazing... Now only if people could send those MMS messages. Edited by cdrudge

give him a break he is from Ft. Wayne

talk about a dead zone, no 3G coverage allowed there

Hey, T-Mobile has us slated for 3Q this year. They got another month to live up to their promise. And I believe AT&T has 3G in the area. But at least my G1 has been able to both focus and send MMS since I got it. :wacko:

Nobody mentioned voice command? We were at the store looking at both and I could give two poops about the video recorder but I liked the thought of being able to tell my phone to call someone and have it do so seemed nice, like in the car, for instance. I walked out thinking that would be the one reason why I would spend the extra jack for the 3Gs 16.