[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Draft Tonite!!!

Doomsday

Please tell me I am not the only one who cares??

Sixer fan hoping we don't take Andris Biedrins, a 6-11 forward from Latvia. Anyone know anything about him? I'd like to see a trade up, or a few spots down for an extra pick. Then take JJ Smith (or Josh), and a big guy.

Very deep draft. Chicago, Atl., Utah, Bos all have 3 1st rounders? I think. Thats a lot of talent in these days of Eupopean and underclassman in the draft.

Who do you like for you team???

Nobody knows 80% of these players being drafted. That definitely hurts. It's a complete crapshoot. The NBA Draft is 1/10 the fun of the NFL Draft. I'll read it over in the morning, but I won't be watching tonight.

Grits and Shins:

You ARE the only one that cares.  The NBA sucks.  Especially now that they draft kids out of high school and Euros too.

thumbs_d

lol

Although I don't beleive it. I'll be watching the whole thing. Agreed, B-Ball has changed and the league and most teams aren't very good. Players too. Oh boy. Digging my own grave.

But I haven't been able to shake the draft bug since I was young. So much good info online for those guys you may not know. Who knows the NFL draft after 10-20 picks??? Sheit-

I'm looking forward to it. Only thing I know about Biedrins is that the warriors at 11 really want him, and have apparently told him if he is there they will take him.

Other prospect for them is Josh Smith, the high schooler, who is a very exciting player and could be special if allowed to develop properly, just not sure how he fits in the rotation if they do take him.

I like Josh, and I think they can trade down and get him.

Are you a Warrior fan? I have never seen a team let so much talent slip through their hands! All due respect, of course. Jamison is being traded for the 5th pick! And they let him AND Jiri Welsh go for Nick Van Asshle. They appeared close just 2 yeras ago....and blew it up. Don't get them.

T_bone65:

sleep    Who cares? sleep  A bunch of highly overpaid cry babies. The NBA lost me years ago allowing just about every team into the playoffs.

Thats great. I guess you're here reading the nascar posts... wink

Highly overpaid cry babies doesn't apply to Football??? Hmmm.. Intesting agument. :P Whos as big a cry baby as Warren Sapp and TO. Cannot think of any close in all sports.

Expansion/underclassman killed the NBA. Hopefully the Pistons will restore the team concept.

This draft is going to be crazy with all the trades. I'm very much looking forward to it. Being a Heat fan, I hope Araujo is there. I'd settle for Jameer Nelson even though I'd rather see a big get drafted. Rumor also has it the Heat are offering Eddie Jones/Caron Butler/#19 to the Bulls for Chandler/Jerome Williams/Pippen(other cap filler)/#3.

I never said you don't have cry babies in football, of course there are. I just think football is much more interesting to watch, the season not as long and drawn out and not everyone makes the playoffs. When I say cry babies in the NBA I am meaning, whenever someone goes up for a layup or dunk they are ALWAYS screaming for a foul. If they got called for every violation during a game, fouls, traveling or whatever else they wouldn't be playing very much. That's all and it is just MHO, that's all. Didn't mean to offend just giving my opinion

Yes, this is going to be a crazy day with trade possibilities.

Regarding the Warrior, it is true they have had a lot of talent and let some of it slip. The Jamison trade in particular though was strictly a cap move. The Warriors felt that Dunleavy could adequately fill in for Jamison at the 3 spot, while saving themselves about 15 million against the cap and the idea was to deal Van Exel midseason, but he got injured so that never happened.

If they can keep Dampier in town and Murphy comes back healthy, I would be happy seeing a lineup of Claxton, Richardson, Dunleavy, Murphy and Dampier. Not championship caliber, but I think it would llow them to make a run at the playoffs within two years.

Jo:

This draft is going to be crazy with all the trades.  I'm very much looking forward to it.  Being a Heat fan, I hope Araujo is there.  I'd settle for Jameer Nelson even though I'd rather see a big get drafted.  Rumor also has it the Heat are offering Eddie Jones/Caron Butler/#19 to the Bulls for Chandler/Jerome Williams/Pippen(other cap filler)/#3.

I've heard similar rumblings. Chicago has been trying very hard to deal Chandler.

You didn't offend my man, I was busting. Cry baby can be used across the board. Now the sleeping gremlins were insulting. wink

This draft will be different. Sixers are trying desperately to trade also.

I heard a Chandler and a pick for Dalebert was discussed. But everything is discussed.

Jameer would be an excellent addition to the Heat. He's been a stud all four years, not just the last one or 2. Peolple don't know. I watched him here in Philly, and he is a stud playmaker who can also score shoot and defend very well. A little small, but thats not going to stop him. Great strength and heart will make up easy. If he drops, he's a steal. He's won't be easy to out play/hustle on the next level. Skip to my Lou's out, Wade and Jameer are a strong future backcout. The do need a center though...

These drafts are getting really deep. Not so much with star appeal. But really good talent will last until the 2nd round. A few years ago, 1/2 a fist round, and that was it. From that perspective, things may be looking up. Perhaps it bottomed out.

T_bone65:

I never said you don't have cry babies in football, of course there are. I just think football is much more interesting to watch, the season not as long and drawn out and not everyone makes the playoffs. When I say cry babies in the NBA I am meaning, whenever someone goes up for a layup or dunk they are ALWAYS screaming for a foul. If they got called for every violation during a game, fouls, traveling or whatever else they wouldn't be playing very much. That's all and it is just MHO, that's all. Didn't mean to offend just giving my opinion

FYI Chad Ford has been in chat at ESPN since 1:00. For anyone who doesn't know, he's ESPN's Insider scout who probably seen more of these players than anyone else on the planet. Don't need to be an Insider member to do the chat though. On a side note, ESPN's Insider coverage for the NBA is far better than it is in other sports IMO.

What about Pietrus, the French Jordan! wink

Love Jason and Murphy. Like Dunleavy. Don't know if these 3 (Damp) can play enough D on the front line to win very much, to be honest. Solid, maybe. A little slow and small as a team. Now they should trade for a big.

Big Country:

Yes, this is going to be a crazy day with trade possibilities.

Regarding the Warrior, it is true they have had a lot of talent and let some of it slip. The Jamison trade in particular though was strictly a cap move. The Warriors felt that Dunleavy could adequately fill in for Jamison at the 3 spot, while saving themselves about 15 million against the cap and the idea was to deal Van Exel midseason, but he got injured so that never happened.

If they can keep Dampier in town and Murphy comes back healthy, I would be happy seeing a lineup of Claxton, Richardson, Dunleavy, Murphy and Dampier. Not championship caliber, but I think it would llow them to make a run at the playoffs within two years.

I like Pietrus, but give him another year or two to develop. Problem with trading big is that I don't see a way for them to trade for a quality big man without decimating the team overall. They will have cap room next season though to be huge players in free agency. I thought Musselman had done a very good job with the team and was disappointed to see them let him go.