[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Derek Jeter

whomper

In the age of cheaters we get a good story about someone doing it the old fashioned way. I also think it is pretty cool that it happened in NY on 9/11.

I am not a Yankees fan but :wacko: to you Captain

Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter hits a single in the third inning to become the team's all-time hit leader with 2,722

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3000_hit_club

Only 9 players with over 3000 hits did it with one team.

didnt realize so few did it with just one team but even with that said still shocked that the Yanks dont have one of those guys that played their entire career in pinstripes and eclipsed 3000.

Agree with all above. Cool that it happened in NY on 9/11. I was also surprised that no Yanks had gotten 3,000. You would think if 7 had done it with one team, half of them would be Yankees.

Jeter is probably 1b to Ken Griffey Jr.'s 1a as the greatest baseball player I've ever seen.

Nobody in our generation made the game look more smooth and natural. The flip. Oh, the flip!!! A lot has been said recently about his lack of range or arm strength, but the guy is just such a beautiful athlete to watch that none of it matters. Young ballplayers should be forced to watch hours of tape of this guy.

I highly suggest you watch a Cardinals game sometime.

Come on. Al's on HGH. It is Barry Bonds all over again. Either way, Pujols may be a great hitter, but one of the greatest overall players? That is a bit of a stretch.