[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cost Of A Gallon Of Water

Footballjoe

Does anyone know about what it cost for a gallon of water from your local Water Department?

Ours is:

$0.0095/gallon and that includes the sewer charge. So just less than a penny per gallon. And that is expensive enough that we don't water our grass. Average bill is ~$65 in the summer and ~$55 in the winter.

Just curious...why do you ask?

"Just curious...why do you ask?"

+1

I was talking to someone today about installing a water safer toilet (1.6 gal per flush). Compared to the older toilets you save about 1.5 gal per flush. We were wondering how long it would take to recoup your investment. His wife babysits and figures 25 flushes a day. I would charge $200 to put in a new commode.

Edited by Footballjoe

i have been wondering about water bills because I think there is something wrong with mine...so my question for those that get itemized bills on their water...how many gallons do you use?(monthly, quarterly or however you get it)...My bill shows I am using 12,000 gallons of water/quarter and that seems way high to me(just me and my wife). I mean that is around 130-140 gallons PER DAY. :confused:

i have been wondering about water bills because I think there is something wrong with mine...so my question for those that get itemized bills on their water...how many gallons do you use?(monthly, quarterly or however you get it)...My bill shows I am using 12,000 gallons of water/quarter and that seems way high to me(just me and my wife). I mean that is around 130-140 gallons PER DAY. :confused:

I ue about 1000/gal a month.

One potential problem to check for is toilet leaks. That can use up a lot of water like that.

Water

0-1000 gallons............... $8.37

Additional 100 gallons.... $ .49

Sewer

0-1,000 gallons.............. $11.90

Additional 100 gallons.... $ .69

So, the first 1,000 gallons is $20.27, each additiona 1k is 11.80. My water bill is $130 a month minimum, higher in the summer. I guess we use upwards of 10,000 gallons a month. Sounds like a lot of water.

Water

0-1000 gallons............... $8.37

Additional 100 gallons.... $ .49

Sewer

0-1,000 gallons.............. $11.90

Additional 100 gallons.... $ .69

So, the first 1,000 gallons is $20.27, each additiona 1k is 11.80. My water bill is $130 a month minimum, higher in the summer. I guess we use upwards of 10,000 gallons a month. Sounds like a lot of water.

how many in your household?

I've always wondered, how do they calculate sewer? Do they have a way of gauging how much waste water you release into the system?

most towns up here charge by how much water u are using . if you have a sprinkler system for the lawn that is a separate water meeter .

I've always wondered, how do they calculate sewer? Do they have a way of gauging how much waste water you release into the system?

They usually use the amount of water you take in for the sewage cost. Several amounts are about the same, such as for the bathtub and water into sinks. Some things may be a bit more like extra "stuff" for the toilet or items you dump down the sink,. But that is small compared to the intake. Bigger items like for watering the lawn that don't go down the drain in not normally credited though.

They usually use the amount of water you take in for the sewage cost. Several amounts are about the same, such as for the bathtub and water into sinks. Some things may be a bit more like extra "stuff" for the toilet or items you dump down the sink,. But that is small compared to the intake. Bigger items like for watering the lawn that don't go down the drain in not normally credited though.

Around here, the sewer usage is typically based upon the average montly water usage during the winter (November through February) to account for irrigation water not being returned to the wastewater system. That is how the majority of municipalities I work with structure their rates, but I do not know if that is a common practice elsewhere.

Same here. God provides everything I need, including the water.

We had our well dug this spring and including all the plumbing, lines to the house, etc. it was $10K. Our well driller has been in the business for decades (and before that the business belonged to his father-in-law) and he said the next great resource that will be in crisis (think oil) will be potable water. He said Missouri has some of the best water in the U.S. and people are moving here from places like Colorado and California especially for the water here. All I know is that he drilled past the first aquifer another 150 feet to the next aquifer so that we will never have to have him come back to frill deeper. How much is a gallon of water? It's going to be priceless.