[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New tardiness policy at the local high school

Rebellab

How often are late for work?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. In a month

• Everyday
    • 1 to 5 times
    • 6 to 10 times
    • 11 to 15
    • More than 15 less than everyday
    • Never

My kids high school has been doing a couple things.

Late to first period, doors are closed and you have to go to lunch room.

But during the day if you are late it's just marked.

After I think 6 or 7 total tardies, you get a whole day of Saturday school.

One of my kids had it twice. The 2nd time he got it he got to also spend that Sunday helping me do crap all day.

Never had a problem with him again.

I'm never on time. 1/2 the time I'm early. 1/2 the time I'm 10-12 minutes late. When I scheduled it you were the most important thing going on. Sometimes things change. If I'm late, I've got a reason. If your ego is so big you can't wait 10 minutes then suck it. I'd wait 10 minutes for you.

Stupid policy. Kids are late sometimes, so are many adults.

What's wrong with the general system we've all had for years in school and at work. A few tardies are allowed, once that allowance has been exceeded, discipline is used to try to change behavior?

Zero tolerance has shown to be effective where???

This was one of the things that was preached at my daughters new school. Tardies will be unaceptable at any level. No late work will ever be accepted. Being late to school will never be tolerated.

Since the first day of school, my daughters bus has gotten her bus to school on time four times. Today being the fourth. :wacko:

This was one of the things that was preached at my daughters new school. Tardies will be unaceptable at any level. No late work will ever be accepted. Being late to school will never be tolerated.

Since the first day of school, my daughters bus has gotten her bus to school on time four times. Today being the fourth. :wacko:

So she's learning do as we say not as we do. Best that she is introduced to hypocrisy early IMO. It only gets worse.