[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Prairie Dog Day!...

ABearWithFurniture

Well before sunrise this morning, a lone eye witness stated that Panhandle Pete the Prairie Dog was washed out of his burrow by a flash flood, hit by a few pieces of baseball sized hail, and then struck by lightning before disappearing from view in a swirling vortex of floodwater, tree limbs, cattle and SUVs...

Texas meteorologists have interpreted this to mean 8 more weeks of Summer with many, many moderate to intense isolated and scattered thunderstorms.

You might want to park your truck in the garage... :wacko:

Back to the party!

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

That's a hell of a shot. I've never been out to PD hunt, but I'd like to go. I've never killed anything further than 320-ish (stepped off). And that was one fat ground hog just sitting out in the sun in a freshly mowed hayfield. :wacko:

well to be honest it was probably the 20th or so try at that yardage. In SD the farmers love having you come out at take out a few.

So how do you cook your PD after you shoot it?

You leave it lay in the sun on a hot summer day. When it is good and bloated up, a friendly coyote comes by and has him for a late night snack. Later in the winter you shoot the no good coyote and he rots in the pasture, where the young steer is grazing and eats the grass fertilized by the rotting coyote. Said steer is butchered and made into a nice ribeye that I cook medium rare on my grill. It is quite a process, but worth every bite.

Edited by Rebellab

You leave it lay in the sun on a hot summer day. When it is good and bloated up, a friendly coyote comes by and has him for a late night snack. Later in the winter you shoot the no good coyote and he rots in the pasture, where the young steer is grazing and eats the grass fertilized by the rotting coyote. Said steer is butchered and made into a nice ribeye that I cook medium rare on my grill. It is quite a process, but worth every bite.

The circle of life, Mufasa! :wacko: