[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints/Dolpins sigline bet.

tbimm

I vote you for Dolphin fan of the year.

because I am a realistic fan? because I know that by the numbers we should be outgunned in this one? because I won't bet on my team? a win would be amazing and I don't need any bet to make a win feel better. a loss hurts every time and losing a bet makes it hurt even more

its not like I am saying we won't win - but rather that it is unlikely. We are a good young team team and are bound to go through some growing pains. its not like I am not going to cheer when they do welll and suffer when they do poorly. If they win - I will be walking on cloud. If they lose it will still hurt - regardless of how outgunned they will be.

in short. F - U

Edited by Duchess Jack

Duchess I hear you loud & clear, but from my perspective & having been a fan of a lowly team for a number of years we've learned to put faith in our team despite the odds. I will say, without a doubt that I would be up to the call any time anyone wants to make a sig bet against the Saints. I won't bet money on them ever, but I will play for pride, win or lose & proudly don a sig to show I supported my team even though I thought their chances to win were slim.

Duchess I hear you loud & clear, but from my perspective & having been a fan of a lowly team for a number of years we've learned to put faith in our team despite the odds. I will say, without a doubt that I would be up to the call any time anyone wants to make a sig bet against the Saints. I won't bet money on them ever, but I will play for pride, win or lose & proudly don a sig to show I supported my team even though I thought their chances to win were slim.

I hear you, but my fandom is between me and my team. A win would fill me so much that there is no need for sigline 'iicing' and a sigline bet applied to a loss would only add insult to injury. If folk want support their teams with sigline bets, God bless - it just pisses me off that this ahole would think to question my fandom because I do not have irrational exuberance. I tend to get too emotionally involved so to keep from getting too down when they lose - I try to keep realistic with my expectations

I hear you, but my fandom is between me and my team. A win would fill me so much that there is no need for sigline 'iicing' and a sigline bet applied to a loss would only add insult to injury. If folk want support their teams with sigline bets, God bless - it just pisses me off that this ahole would think to question my fandom because I do not have irrational exuberance. I tend to get too emotionally involved so to keep from getting too down when they lose - I try to keep realistic with my expectations

I wasn't questioning your "fandom" I was just laughing at the fact you said our secondary couldn't cover anyone. The secondary played a hell of a first half and didn't do all that bad in the 2nd. The 2 pick 6's and their running game is what made the game in my eyes...

Don't know if this is appropriate sig material, to be honest I think the Fins should get a pass this week with the way they played. But this was posted in the Saints forum this morning & had me rolling.

Thread title was: "Week 6: Breesus Delivers the Miracle of the Fishes"

And Breesus looked upon the Who Dat Nation and saw one touchdown could not feed them all;

So he reached into the sea and broke the back of a wild dolphin, and said:

'Here, eat.'

and the pic that followed.

Edited by rajncajn

What a game! I must say I had a fantastic time and the Dolphins fans were top notch. As I expected the Saints fans traveled well and I was able to hook up with several in my section. We did some creative seat swapping and got a group of us together. It's a shame we don't play a game here every season as it was really easy getting to and from the game and the weather was perfect for the game. It was nice to see a football game played outdoors again. The Dome is great but I am of the belief that football should be played outdoors.

As far as the sig goes??? I kinda feel like rajn that the way the Dolphins played we can probably let this one slide.

Falcons fans won't be so lucky next week. :wacko:

A side note. I would like to thank the Dolphins for affording us the opportunity to warm up for the big game in January. Always nice to get a little practice in on the field you will be playing on!

ETA; I guess the Super Bowl is played in Feb now?

Edited by tbimm

What a game! I must say I had a fantastic time and the Dolphins fans were top notch. As I expected the Saints fans traveled well and I was able to hook up with several in my section. We did some creative seat swapping and got a group of us together. It's a shame we don't play a game here every season as it was really easy getting to and from the game and the weather was perfect for the game. It was nice to see a football game played outdoors again. The Dome is great but I am of the belief that football should be played outdoors.

As far as the sig goes??? I kinda feel like rajn that the way the Dolphins played we can probably let this one slide.

Falcons fans won't be so lucky next week. :wacko:

A side note. I would like to thank the Dolphins for affording us the opportunity to warm up for the big game in January. Always nice to get a little practice in on the field you will be playing on!

Besides AC what other Falcon fans are there?

TFord. Maybe Big John can think of some others. Maybe none of them are willing to come out of the woodwork for this match-up.?.?

:wacko:

Add

Big Score 1

delusions of grandeur

LayLow

Company of Heroes (team he finally picked out)

Falcons fans won't be so lucky next week. :D

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. We we're in Lauderdale all week. Went to the Miami/Clemson game on sat. and the Dolphins/Saints game on Sunday. Yeah, great weekend for me :wacko: If I had known you were going to the game, we could of hooked up for some beers and food. We were parked 20 feet from the West gate and had the full TG spread for hours before the game. I forgot you were recently transplanted to S. FL. from NO. Glad you had a great time. It truly was a game of highs and lows for both of us!

Edited by 'canes2004