[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L.J.

Big Ernie McCracken

From a few minutes ago..

(KFFL) ESPN.com reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is not expected to play in the team's next game, Nov. 8, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Johnson issued an apology Tuesday, Oct. 27, and was told to stay away from the team while the NFL and the Chiefs complete their investigation into his use of a gay slur.
Edited by myhousekey

So Larry Johnson will be punished for this indiscretion? Archie Bunker must be spinning in his grave. And Jeff Garcia must be prancing fabulously in celebration. :wacko:

Those of us that just secured Jamaal Charles off waivers aren't exactly dancing but we're kind of shifting happily from foot to foot. :D

Those of us that just secured Jamaal Charles off waivers aren't exactly dancing but we're kind of shifting happily from foot to foot. :wacko:

I'm thinking Kolby Smith may end up being the better play.

Not that either of them will really make an impact. I wouldn't touch either of them with TimC's pole.

I'm thinking Kolby Smith may end up being the better play.

Not that either of them will really make an impact. I wouldn't touch either of them with TimC's pole.

Yah, I wouldnt wanna get within centimeters to them either.

Edited by MrTed46

From a few minutes ago..

Apparently not:

Chiefs | L. Johnson suspended

Comment (0)

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:37:12 -0700

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have suspended RB Larry Johnson for conduct detrimental to the club. Johnson's suspension will be effective immediately, and he will not be permitted to participate in any team activities or be on team premises until Monday, Nov. 9.

Apparently not:

Chiefs | L. Johnson suspended

Comment (0)

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:37:12 -0700

KCChiefs.com reports the Kansas City Chiefs have suspended RB Larry Johnson for conduct detrimental to the club. Johnson's suspension will be effective immediately, and he will not be permitted to participate in any team activities or be on team premises until Monday, Nov. 9.

Depending on how it plays out, they might consider sending him home with pay as the Eagles did with T.O. :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

So Larry Johnson will be punished for this indiscretion? Archie Bunker must be spinning in his grave. And Jeff Garcia must be prancing fabulously in celebration. :wacko:

If I were the Chiefs, I'd have a bigger issue with the fact that he's been a perpetual a-hole and was talking smack about the coaching staff. Compared to plenty of things dude has done, the slur itself seems pretty tame.

If I were a member of some demographic that somebody with a track record like LJ insulted, well let's just say it wouldn't keep me up at night. Boo hoo, someone who's shown himself to be a total effing loser time and again, who's own dad has come out in the press to say he's ashamed of, just made fun of me. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get by.

I realize that they need to go through the PC motions and make a statement that they don't condone this sort of language and blah, blah. But nobody reasonable should be shocked that LJ said this. Nor should they barely care. It's almost as if, by being pissed, we give him credit that he doesn't deserve. Like we expect better when, in reality, we really don't.

Still, all this flap for ......what? "Twittering" the word "fag" or some such? Oh the horror. Can't let someone who said a naughty word play football!

I have a feeling that LJ twittered a word that is directed at someone roughly once per minute* on every NFL** field every game.

* consevative estimate

** to say nothing of CFB and HS fields...or other sports

do we hear and or see dozens upons dozens of players comporting themselves weekly like LJ did this past weekend ...no

thats because its not acceptable behavior ...the fact we think its acceptable is more of the problem than just letting it go and saying its all good

I don't think anyone is saying that what LJ did is ACCEPTABLE, just that his sentiments are hardly UNCOMMON.

His mistake, obviously, was voicing them publicly. I don't even think he was using "f@g" to isinuate the reporters liked to gobble dick, he was just too unimaginative to come up with a more interesting and/or accurate insult.

If I were the Chiefs, I'd have a bigger issue with the fact that he's been a perpetual a-hole and was talking smack about the coaching staff. Compared to plenty of things dude has done, the slur itself seems pretty tame.

Wasn't the slur in the same twitter nonsense when he was talking smack about the coaching staff? I don't think this is all to do with a slur. He was being a dick and the Chiefs were probably looking for a reason to suspend him. Hating on the coach almost got there, but using a gay slur? Well they just used that as justification, and the media jumped on it.

I don't think anyone is saying that what LJ did is ACCEPTABLE, just that his sentiments are hardly UNCOMMON.

His mistake, obviously, was voicing them publicly. I don't even think he was using "f@g" to isinuate the reporters liked to gobble dick, he was just too unimaginative to come up with a more interesting and/or accurate insult.

Or perhaps, as others have said, the Chiefs are paying lip service to the slurs and MORE concerned about him undercutting the coach.

If I were a member of some demographic that somebody with a track record like LJ insulted, well let's just say it wouldn't keep me up at night. Boo hoo, someone who's shown himself to be a total effing loser time and again, who's own dad has come out in the press to say he's ashamed of, just made fun of me. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get by.

I realize that they need to go through the PC motions and make a statement that they don't condone this sort of language and blah, blah. But nobody reasonable should be shocked that LJ said this. Nor should they barely care. It's almost as if, by being pissed, we give him credit that he doesn't deserve. Like we expect better when, in reality, we really don't.

Yeah I was just kinda taking an opportunity to make fun of Garthia and his lisp. :wacko:

From Today

(KFFL) Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have reached a settlement with RB Larry Johnson regarding his suspension. Johnson will still be suspended two weeks, but he will only lose one game check.

From Yesterday

KFFL) Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson will not be released from the team anytime soon. Sources tell Wyche there is no market for Johnson.