[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Second Life

Skilly

I attended a presentation today at my company in which the presenter discussed ways that we could set up a Second Life virtual world to introduce our services and interact with potential customers and collaberating agencies.

I have to be honest.....I don't get it. Not at all. To me, it simply appears to be a huge waste of time, at least from the standpoint of using it for business practices. The only use I can see is that it creates an interactive "website or intranet". But we already have one of those, soooo.......

Can anyone justify this expense? I can't even check my Yahoo email at work, and they want to run Second Life?

Did I mention that I work at a government agency? :wacko:

Interesting concept, I'd almost categorize it in the social media marketing department. I haven't read enough on Second Life and the ROI companies get back marketing through it so I can't give an opinion. I would almost liken it to a community message board where people's personalities aren't always the same in real life so all the data could be skewed.