[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Horror movie suggestions

REZ

And I wasn't that big a fan of Drag Me to Hell. Not for anything Raimi did or didn't do for the movie, I just couldn't stand the female lead character in that flick so I really didn't have a lot of sympathy for her plight.

Sympathetic or not, the crowd roared when she was getting gummed by the dead gypsy.

Anything Evil Dead is great.

I've enjoyed most of the Hellraiser series

Has anyone seen the Final Destination movies? I caught a piece of one and didn't think it was terrible for a gore movie.

I've seen the second and third one, and only on TV, but I thought they were OK.

Since my 4th son started high school, me and the boys stay home on Halloween and rent horror movies and eat bad for you food all day long.

The boys tend to like the gory slasher films and I tend to like the more suspenseful ones.

Looking for some suggestions of movies that are pretty good that weren't as much mainstream (Saw, Halloween, et cetera).

I know, a good slasher film? But some of them are at least decent to pretty good and I'm looking for some titles we might've missed.

Oh, if your kids are fans of slashers, check out Behind the Mask:The Rise of Leslie Vernon - a film crew does a doc on this guy who wants to become a Jason/Mike Myers type slasher. But what do they do when the fateful night arrives?

Seriously, if you've seen plenty of slasher movies, this is a GREAT twist on the genre. Super thumbs up.

In this order:

The Exorcist (big drop off from there)

The Shining

The Omen

Carrie

Blair Witch

My wife and I did not care at all for Drag Me to Hell.

funny. A bunch of us got together and loved it. The bunch being movie makers that is.

Looking at Skippy's list, I'd say "funny" was the problem - DMtH works very tongue-in-cheek, toying with some genre conventions and while effective, is not without its winks to the horror geeks in the audience.

Skippy's top 5 are all serious as a heart attack.

Looking at Skippy's list, I'd say "funny" was the problem - DMtH works very tongue-in-cheek, toying with some genre conventions and while effective, is not without its winks to the horror geeks in the audience.

Skippy's top 5 are all serious as a heart attack.

funny was not the problem at this viewing. Regardless..... The fact that "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is not on this list screams ignorance.

Dead Alive, which was made by Peter Jackson (of LOTR). It was released in its home country of New Zealand as "Braindead". You have never seen so much fake blood in one film in your life.

Edited by SheikYerbuti