[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Practically equal projections

BeachBum

My 2nd RB (used to be Ronnie Brown or Portis) is now a choice between Chris Brown, Houston, or Justin Forsett, Seattle. Both are projected to play this week, Brown "start", Forsett might start or not. Projections of several sites have them fairly even: DMD has 40 yds, 1 td for each. Other sites range from 40 to 65 yds each, usually no TDs. They play each other's team - Seattle ranks 15th in RB points given up, Houston 21st.The game is in Houston, so no weather concerns. (As 2nd RB on a good squad, I'd take the 40-1 (10-12 points)from either, just want to avoid the zero!)

SO how do YOU pick between equals? Toss a coin? Alphabetical order? First one to make your squad? Or just a gut feel?

I had Brown pencilled in all week with Slaton out, but rumblings from Seattle sound like Forsett might get considerable work.

Whew, if you've read this far, let me know who/why you'd pick this week? Thanks.

:wacko:

I would play Forsett because he will catch more passes than Brown. I think he has a more realistic shot of scoring a TD this week. I can see an aerial show in Houston with Moats being the receiving back for Houston.

I have Forsett on my team and plan to start Sproles over him. I still can't figure out why everyone sees that Forsett is better than J. Jones........except for Jim Mora.

I should mention that my league gives points for return yardage which is why I am starting Sproles over Forsett. I figure the cowboys will put up 3 or 4 scores and allow Sproles to get 5 attempts at taking one to the house.

Edited by Montana is da Man

when you can't decide, play the one that you can watch on TV!

LOL! I always think the one I watch on TV screws up, and I spend the day throwing stuff at the screen!

I'd rather watch the slow scroll at the bottom, and hope I see his name!

when you can't decide, play the one that you can watch on TV!

Well that doesn't help much as I can watch all of them. Darn DirecTV!

Depends in part what I think I need to win the FF game (does the rest of my lineup appear stronger or weaker than my opponents?) and then I try to calculate risk vs reward between the players in question - I'll play the "safe" but possibly lower producing guy if I think I am in good shape, but might try the potentially higher-end producer with more risk if I think I need to gamble on getting the "extra" FF points to win my game. I also look at home vs away performance for those players, as well as for the defenses they are facing. Weather sometimes enters into the picture as well, as do recent game tendencies - is 1 of the choices getting more targets/carries than the other in the past few games, etc.

If I'm at a total loss and it is close to roster submission time, I just ask my spouse which player to use, and then start the one she does not pick.

Edited by ts