[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper help

Which of the following players should i attempt to keep for next year?

I am in a 14 team PPR league with bonuses for long TD's and yards

Reminder, I can only keep 2

LeSean McCoy

Brandon Jacobs

Derek Mason

Justin Forsett

Lawrence Maroney

Cadalliac Williams

Austin Collie

Chaz Schilens

Clinton Portis

Braylon Edwards

Thanks for your help

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to see if anyone else has some additional insight or suggestions into who i should or should not keep.

To answer questions from previous posts, there is no cost associated with who i keep or not keep. The 2 that i try to keep will be put back to a vote, and I get to keep one of the two.

The way i see it now, of the following players:

I will probably attempt to keep McCoy and Jacobs.

League info and players

14 team PPR league with bonuses for long TD's and yards

LeSean McCoy

Brandon Jacobs

Derek Mason

Justin Forsett

Lawrence Maroney

Cadalliac Williams

Austin Collie

Chaz Schilens

Clinton Portis

Braylon Edwards

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

The 2 that i try to keep will be put back to a vote, and I get to keep one of the two.

Who votes? Assuming the other owners, I assume they try to screw over as best they can by voting for the lesser of the players if there is a clear cut separation.

Either way, quite a unique setup no matter how this works.

To answer questions from previous posts, there is no cost associated with who i keep or not keep. The 2 that i try to keep will be put back to a vote, and I get to keep one of the two.

I have no idea, I think I'd put up McCoy and Jacobs and see who the rest of the league stcks me with.

That is a really cool rule.

Which of the following players should i attempt to keep for next year?

I am in a 14 team PPR league with bonuses for long TD's and yards

McCoy is a no-brainer. After that, I think you probably have to look at Edwards, with Forsett being another guy I would consider. Jacobs does absolutely nothing for you, given the scoring format you mentioned (above). The rest of your list is a bunch of borderline washed-up RB's, and two WR's (Collie and Schilens) who, although I like their potential a lot, probably aren't guys that you want as your one and only keeper... too many questions surrounding them both. Chaz is coming off of a season where he missed over half of the year, and with Gradkowski now injured, you never know how this season will go, or who will be throwing to him. Collie has at least two other guys fighting with him to be the #2 WR... not enough balls to go around, at least to make him a legitimate keeper (when you only get one).

Unfortunately, my guess is that, no matter who you choose, your league-mates will vote against you keeping McCoy. So, I would make your choice as if you're going to end up with choice #2... if you get McCoy, that's a bonus. As for your second choice, I think you have to look at who else might be kept in your league, and which position (WR or RB) will have more depth in your draft. Of course, lineup requirements and specific scoring rules should play a large part in your decision as well, but at first glance, I'd lean towards Forsett. To me, he looks like the NFL's next Darren Sproles type of back... He caught 41 passes in his first full NFL season, and scored basically the same amount of points as Jacobs, in a typical PPR format. This year, I think he'll play enough of a role in the Seahawks' offense to outscore Jacobs, even though he may not be the #1 or "feature" back on the team. He should catch 40+ passes again, and has a much better chance at scoring the "long TD's" that your scoring format rewards.

As for Edwards, I like his "upside," given that this will be his first full season with QB Sanchez, who now has a full NFL season under his belt, himself. However, I think he has some question marks as well... The Jets just added Holmes as another potential factor in their passing game, and their offense is definitely not a pass-first offense. Forsett outscored Edwards last year in standard PPR, and I think he's the SAFER bet this year. On the other hand, if you want to take a risk, Edwards may have more upside, given that he COULD revisit his 2006-2007 type of production, when he averaged 70 catches, 1000+ yards, and doubled-digit TD's over two seasons. However, even after being traded to the Jets last year, Edwards was highly inconsistent, and I think there is a very good chance that his inconsistency continues, which is why I like Forsett SLIGHTLY over Edwards. It's close, though... Either one would be a better choice, in my opinion, than Jacobs, or anybody else you've got.

Good luck.

Knowing nothing about your league. I'd say Forsett is tempting, but I think Jacobs gives a better shot at the league "giving" you McCoy.

What's your draft spot?

Good point. Picking Forsett and McCoy most likely guarantees that you'll get Forsett. If you want McCoy, your best shot is probably to pick him and either Edwards/Jacobs. I guess it depends on how savvy a group of owners we are talking about.

Personally, though, I would want nothing to do with Jacobs as my keeper in a PPR league with yardage/long TD bonuses. :wacko: I'd rather have any of the other three than Jacobs.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses.

i have the 1st and 13th picks in next years draft, (along with 3 2nd round picks to boot.)

So if I recap each of your responses, the top players to try to keep are:

McCoy

Edwards

Forsett

Jacobs.

But, with the aquisition of McNabb in Washington, Does Portis become a viable option?

But, with the aquisition of McNabb in Washington, Does Portis become a viable option?

Not over any of your other options (though, not sure I keep Forsett on the list after the Seattle acquisitions).

A lot of other RBs in WAS this year that were not there last year (Willie Parker for example) that have a good shot at eating into his production.

Lendale does very little to Forsett's value, IMO. Different players completely. Washington, on the other hand, assuming he can get back to his 2007/2008 form/health, makes Forsett too risky of a keeper. I think the Seattle situation actually clears things up for you... McCoy and Edwards are now clearly above the rest. Of course, I'm not 100% sold on Braylon, either, given that the Jets are a run-first team, and there's no guarantee he's going to be by far their most productive player in their passing game, with others (Keller, Holmes, Cotchery) in the mix.

I still maintain that Jacobs' is limited in a PPR format, but that doesn't mean others don't look at him as one of your most attractive options. I think McCoy is clearly the guy you want to end up with, so a lot of this comes down to how well you know your league-mates... If you think they're likely to vote AGAINST you keeping Jacobs, simply due to his reputation of being a top 10-15 RB, maybe that's an option. If that's not likely, though, I'd probably play it "safer" and go with McCoy/Edwards.