[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dyson Vac

Brentastic

Yup, bought a used one 5 years ago for $225 and it will last the rest of my life. By design, the best vacuum ever made. EVERY other vacuum on the market runs dirty air through the fan of the motor, and they will break down. Kirby's don't do that.

Had our Kirby for 13 years. By far the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned. Stained the deck with it, blown up tons of kids play toys and balloons. The thing does everything. Never had any issues with it and still runs like new.

Now if you plan to take it up and down the stairs to do vacuuming, forget it. It's a friggin tank.

Had our Kirby for 13 years. By far the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned. Stained the deck with it, blown up tons of kids play toys and balloons. The thing does everything. Never had any issues with it and still runs like new.

Now if you plan to take it up and down the stairs to do vacuuming, forget it. It's a friggin tank.

My grandmother made my moms wedding dress with a Kirby.

My great grandfather shined the mayor of New Yorks shoes with a Kirby.

We once took a Kirby and washed the entire North side widows of the Sears Tower and than dropped it off the roof. It landed right side up and was able to vacuum Michigan avenue before it needed emptying.

My grandmother made my moms wedding dress with a Kirby.

My great grandfather shined the mayor of New Yorks shoes with a Kirby.

We once took a Kirby and washed the entire North side widows of the Sears Tower and than dropped it off the roof. It landed right side up and was able to vacuum Michigan avenue before it needed emptying.

Henry Muto invented the Kirby. That's why it's so expensive.

• 5 weeks later...
We need a new vac and have all hardwood floors and a few rugs. I'm intrigued by the Dyson but they have several models. I guess I'm looking at the DC-18 since it's lightweight and we don't need a heavy duty vac - I've seen some on ebay for under $100. There are tons of opinions on Dyson vacs and consumer reports have Dyson's ranked about average but I have read other reviews that favor them. Bottom line,I trust you huddlers more anyways - what do you guys recommend?

That you let your wife pick it out... Seriously. Unless you're the one who does the vacuuming at the house. NTTAWWT. :wacko:

When we were looking at Vacs, the wife said "I WANT AN ORECK!!!! :D:D:D ".

Why??? Cause we have 5 flights of stairs in our house. The Oreck is a feather weight...The Dyson weighs 2x+. Try schleping that monster up and down stairs!

Regardless, the Oreck does a fine job. It's lite and is easy to move around.

The wife loves it...she uses it....need I answer any questions? :wacko:

My folks are hugh Oreck fans. We have two vacuums and 2 air purifiers from Oreck they gave us as gifts. :D Solid products.