[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pastor says

MustOfBeenDrunk

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Smart...px?feat=1502341

The Poverty News Blog called this “news of the weird”: With a “heavy heart,” a British pastor said it’s OK to shoplift from big chain stores -- but only if you have no other choice. It’s a “least worst option,” preferable to robbery or prostitution, he said.

* Bing: Most shoplifted items

The hometown Press in York reported on what Father Tim Jones told parishioners:

"I do not offer such advice because I think that stealing is a good thing, or because I think it is harmless, for it is neither. I would ask that they do not steal from small, family businesses, but from large national businesses, knowing that the costs are ultimately passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices. I would ask them not to take any more than they need, for any longer than they need." :wacko::D

this makes some sense to me in the following ways:

(1) If a person's life is at stake and stealing can keep that person alive, then the preservation of life is more important that the preservation of property.

Given that (1) holds, it makes sense to that the harm from the loss of property be spread amongst many people rather than being imposed on a single person.

Now, if the pastor is just saying that shoplifting a Wii is ok, then that is not right.

this makes some sense to me in the following ways:

(1) If a person's life is at stake and stealing can keep that person alive, then the preservation of life is more important that the preservation of property.

Given that (1) holds, it makes sense to that the harm from the loss of property be spread amongst many people rather than being imposed on a single person.

Now, if the pastor is just saying that shoplifting a Wii is ok, then that is not right.

which is why our country will be in chaos in the coming years.

which is why i own guns.

I own guns because if my kids are hungry and you try and stop me from stealing food for them, you die.

agreed. which is why we are headed down a road of chaos. people are going to go hungry. people will try to steal for their families. people will try to protect for their families. bloody days.

you see it here nowadays. guys getting caught stealing and robbing. telling the cops they had to do it for their family.

Edited by dmarc117