[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can a cop give you a ticket for being stupid?

MojoMan

I'm driving down a major artery (2-lanes in each direction) here in the DC burbs and we come to a stop.

After I go about 1/2 mile, I see flashing lights. Occasionally the police stop both lanes but most of the time only one lane is blocked.

As I am allowed to pass the incident, I see that some woman (not hawt by the way) has gotten her car stuck on a big hill of snow while trying to make a left. The pile of snow is on the cross-street but her car is sticking out into traffic in the main street. The cops are digging underneath her car.

Mind you, it snowed over a week ago. The streets are clean and dry so it's not like she hit a patch of ice at low speed and skidded into the snowbank. She must have thought she could plough right through it.

Can she get a ticket for that and, if so, what would the citation likely be? I'm not looking for "driving while blonde" or something like that.

Stupid f'ers. This comes up every time someone does something foolhardy like cliimb a mountain in winter. Furd, can the "authorities" recover rescue costs?

Sure. You'd need an appropriate law, rule or regulation. It depends on the circumstances.

I'm driving down a major artery (2-lanes in each direction) here in the DC burbs and we come to a stop.

After I go about 1/2 mile, I see flashing lights. Occasionally the police stop both lanes but most of the time only one lane is blocked.

As I am allowed to pass the incident, I see that some woman (not hawt by the way) has gotten her car stuck on a big hill of snow while trying to make a left. The pile of snow is on the cross-street but her car is sticking out into traffic in the main street. The cops are digging underneath her car.

Mind you, it snowed over a week ago. The streets are clean and dry so it's not like she hit a patch of ice at low speed and skidded into the snowbank. She must have thought she could plough right through it.

Can she get a ticket for that and, if so, what would the citation likely be? I'm not looking for "driving while blonde" or something like that.

Didn't know you lived around here. Where abouts? We should get together some time and kill a hooker or something......maybe catch a Playoff game as Dave and Busters.