[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

make the health care talks public please

dmarc117

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Lie

This format would seem ideal for closed-door meetings, which congressional Democrats have used many times to figure out sensitive provisions in the health care bill -- though President Obama pledged during the campaign to open up health care talks to C-SPAN's cameras.

"That's what I will do in bringing all parties together, not negotiating behind closed doors, but bringing all parties together, and broadcasting those negotiations on C-SPAN so that the American people can see what the choices are," Obama said at a debate against Hillary Clinton in Los Angeles on Jan. 31, 2008.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/05...-+Politics%2529

expect topic to be closed by 5 pm eastern (Its the only way the huddle has LEFT)

Disappointing choices being made by Congress on this point.

Pretty sure that Obama cant "tell" Congress how to conduct their affairs, only strongly encourage without any real power . . .

The Vice-President has some real power there I believe, but it certainly won't be used.

Disappointing choices being made by Congress on this point.

Pretty sure that Obama cant "tell" Congress how to conduct their affairs, only strongly encourage without any real power . . .

Have not heard Obama strongly encourage squat. I doubt that he will.

More I think about it . Your comment is a joke. So obama has no power (influence on what a democratic controlled Congress decides to do.)

yeah right

lame excuse

The point is that Obama cant "pledge" to do anything that he does not have the final say on.

But dont let that stop the hate parade by moneymakers . . . .

OK...then why did he himself make this pledge? You know damn well he can influence his own party. Can he force them? No, but he can ask...which he has not done.

From my favorite liberal website:

Give Fox News fans their C-SPAN access, and they’ll watch those clerks tediously edit adverbs in incomprehensible legislative language for at least 14 full seconds before throwing each other’s feces against the wall and ripping out their hair in search of gold

I think that sums it up. :wacko:

I wont know until fox news tells me so . . . . their fair and balanced approach is the only trye source of information in our sorry world . .:wacko:

As opposed to your news sources? Please tell me what news source I should follow as gospel that has no bias? You guys are just as bad as the ones you loathe so intensely. You won't admit that just maybe he is backing down from his promise. You are no better than the ones you attack so frequently and so quickly.

As opposed to your news sources? Please tell me what news source I should follow as gospel that has no bias? You guys are just as bad as the ones you loathe so intensely. You won't admit that just maybe he is backing down from his promise. You are no better than the ones you attack so frequently and so quickly.

You dont read much . . do you?

I think all cable news/entertainment is biased. That doesnt somehow make your gospel of Fox news any better or worse than msnbc. They are in the business of RATINGS and taking facts and then providing editorialized comments designed to incite a response.

I think that would be the guy that gets that tingling feeling in his crotch when he sees Obama

You dont read much . . do you?

I think all cable news/entertainment is biased. That doesnt somehow make your gospel of Fox news any better or worse than msnbc. They are in the business of RATINGS and taking facts and then providing editorialized comments designed to incite a response.

Nice...it only took you a few posts before you had to take a shot. You are just so smart. I am really impressed with how smart you are. You have somehow determined that you are all knowing patroleman of the Tailgate. I am honored to read your drivel. I still don't know where you expect me to get my news. I am waiting for your eliteness to tell me. You contstantly attack the messenger and the source. Somehow you turned the FACT that Obamer again lied to all the dem kool aid drinkers into a discussion about Fox News. Bravo! How about I admit Fox sucks, and you admit Obamer is a lying sack of Athenae? I will await your personal attack and BS wisdom.

I reference the fact that you must have missed my repeated posts about how all cable news are entertainmnet versus news. There are on multiple threads.

and again I reference that by no means does it make msnbc better than fox or fox better than msnbc . . . . they all suck and have their own agendas to push.

I reference the fact that you must have missed my repeated posts about how all cable news are entertainmnet versus news. There are on multiple threads.

and again I reference that by no means does it make msnbc better than fox or fox better than msnbc . . . . they all suck and have their own agendas to push.

That is all well and good except that I rarely if ever see one of the more left leaning huddlers discount an article or fact because it came from a source other than Fox. It is a weak tactic to always attack Fox instead of addressing the issue at hand which you continue to evade. The point is that Barry made a weak promise and very few people on the left care to hold him to it...especially you.