[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It does get harder to defend GM

TimC

My transmission in my 2007 Silverado pick-up truck seems to have crapped out on me this morning. It has 52,000 miles so I'll guess I'll find out if the powertrain warranty to 100,000 (I think it's 100k) includes the tranny or if that's the 50k bumper-to-bumper and me and GM warrnaty go to war.

I limped home at 35 MPH (in a 60 MPH zone) and had to jump start the Vette since that was sitting in the garage for the past few months with the crappy weather we've had. Pray for no rain cause I can't get the truck into the dealership until this weekend. F'n year-end close.

So far 2010 has been as crappy as 2009, 2008, 2007....I'm moving to a deserted island. F it.

Just picked up my GM vehicle ('04 Envoy) from the dealer. Service engine soon light came on. Had to replace the fuel tank. Said that was fairly common in Envoys. My other GM vehicle ('02 Impala) has a whole bunch of repair work needed. Don't want a money pit so probably looking at a new vehicle in a few months. Don't think i'll be getting another GM product.

The Ford Fusion is sort of interesting, or I might go foreign. (Accord, Altima, etc or maybe a crossover that gets decent mileage. Maybe even a hybrid Prius or Fusion.)

Just picked up my GM vehicle ('04 Envoy) from the dealer. Service engine soon light came on. Had to replace the fuel tank. Said that was fairly common in Envoys. My other GM vehicle ('02 Impala) has a whole bunch of repair work needed. Don't want a money pit so probably looking at a new vehicle in a few months. Don't think i'll be getting another GM product.

The Ford Fusion is sort of interesting, or I might go foreign. (Accord, Altima, etc or maybe a crossover that gets decent mileage. Maybe even a hybrid Prius or Fusion.)

We love our fusion. 52K miles and it's not been in the shop even once. No rattles, buzz or squeaks from anywhere. We've done the maintenance and that's it. Heck, it's still on the first set of brake pads, too.

We love our fusion. 52K miles and it's not been in the shop even once. No rattles, buzz or squeaks from anywhere. We've done the maintenance and that's it. Heck, it's still on the first set of brake pads, too.

Standard model and not hybrid I assume? Website claims 23/34 MPG and 41/36 for the hybrid. Probably not worth the price difference. Of course I might opt for the 6 cylinder as I like to have a little more power on the freeways and that would sap the mileage savings. A hybrid would let me drive in the HOV lane on my commute though.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Standard model and not hybrid I assume? Website claims 23/34 MPG and 41/36 for the hybrid. Probably not worth the price difference. Of course I might opt for the 6 cylinder as I like to have a little more power on the freeways and that would sap the mileage savings. A hybrid would let me drive in the HOV lane on my commute though.

We have a 2007 SEL (top optioned model) with 4-cyl five-speed. It gets 32 on trips, about 27 around town. It has leather, heated seats, moonroof, the works. The only options it doesn't have are the V-6, auto, AWD and the audiophile audio system (it has the middle system). My wife had to learn to drive a manual after we got it, and she loves the car. It's big enough for three small kids and still small enough that it isn't hard to park or get around. It handles and drives more like a Jetta than a Camry or Accord - good drivers car.

Okay, enough about yer sissy little cars....is the transmission considered part of the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty or not? I know how these corporate lawyers work. Try having a drivetrain without a transmission.

Okay, enough about yer sissy little cars....is the transmission considered part of the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty or not? I know how these corporate lawyers work. Try having a drivetrain without a transmission.

It's usually defined as "anything lubricated". So if the issue is some computer doo-dad, then no. If it's the torque converter or valve body, etc., then should be.

i'll make it easy for you. whatever is wrong with your truck is not covered.

It's usually defined as "anything lubricated". So if the issue is some computer doo-dad, then no. If it's the torque converter or valve body, etc., then should be.

I lubricate everything I own. Everything.

i'll make it easy for you. whatever is wrong with your truck is not covered.

Obama should put you in charge of GM :wacko:

I laugh at those silly broken down American cars and the suckers that drive them. They look so pathetic standing beside their fading hazard lights and dreams. Their women won't touch them, children abandon them, and their dogs run around with tails between their legs. I'd offer them a ride, but I don't want the unwashed masses to stink up my reliable Japanese auto.

I laugh at those silly broken down American cars and the suckers that drive them. They look so pathetic standing beside their fading hazard lights and dreams. Their women won't touch them, children abandon them, and their dogs run around with tails between their legs. I'd offer them a ride, but I don't want the unwashed masses to stink up my reliable Japanese auto.

Normally I'm just forced-marched and beheaded if I don't keep up, then whipped to build a bridge over some Asian river starving and diseased until some other American car comes along and runs you over like the swine you are.

many foreign car brands are built ( and parts of the car ) are built in the US

that said , i cant drive American Made cars for most part anymore ...been burned too many times in the past

I go with the Japanese cars and avoid mechanic much less than i used to

Edited by isleseeya

My transmission in my 2007 Silverado pick-up truck seems to have crapped out on me this morning. It has 52,000 miles so I'll guess I'll find out if the powertrain warranty to 100,000 (I think it's 100k) includes the tranny or if that's the 50k bumper-to-bumper and me and GM warrnaty go to war.

I limped home at 35 MPH (in a 60 MPH zone) and had to jump start the Vette since that was sitting in the garage for the past few months with the crappy weather we've had. Pray for no rain cause I can't get the truck into the dealership until this weekend. F'n year-end close.

So far 2010 has been as crappy as 2009, 2008, 2007....I'm moving to a deserted island. F it.

have you kept up with all the maintenance on your truck? that's one way they get you. if you don't do it all @ the mileage intervals, they usually won't honor the warranty.