[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COnan O'Brien's last week...

cre8tiff

I watched his final episode this morning on Hulu...

I can say that I've always been a big Jay Leno fan (as opposed to guys like Letterman), and when Conan took over The Tonight Show, I really did try and give him a fair chance - I watched every show for a few weeks straight - he really just never struck my interest. Though, "The Jay Leno" show was terrible too - taking away his desk, the 10 @ 10 garbage... just bad production.

While I don't hate Conan by any means, and completely respect him for what he's done in the world of comedy and late night television, he's never really captured my interest as a comedian.

I also think it's hilarious how all of the Conan fans jump on bashing Jay when none of this was Jay's decision.

"Jay, we're going to cancel your show." "Uh, ok"

"Jay, just kidding - we're going to move your show to 11pm, and move 'The Tonight Show' to 12:05" " Uh, ok"

"Jay, just kidding - Conan says he doesn't want to host 'The Tonight Show' if it's at 12:05, so we're going to cut him and you can have your old job back" "Uh ok"

The whole thing is a demonstration of poor management by NBC. I haven't heard ANYTHING about Jay taking charge or throwing weight around. He really doesn't care as long as he gets to continue telling jokes - be it at NBC or Fox.

I wish Conan the best of luck, and have lost a lot of respect for NBC in the way they handled this. They better not eff up the Olympics.

Edited by kpholmes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my mind SNF died a slow horrible death a few years ago. None of the cast members make me laugh, and the writing is just dreadful. The only thing that has helped that show was either Manning or Justin Timberlake. Outside of those performances, it flat out sucks.

SNF = Sunday Night Football, not Saturday Night Live

Being a good or even great writer for a successful comedy show does not a successful comic and/or late night host make.

I am under 50 and have never liked Conan. I am pretty much past the kind of schtick comedy that he does. I haven't particularly cared for SNL over the last several decades either. And I haven't like many of the comedians that started on SNL over the last decade or two ... including Ferrel, Farley, and to a lesser degree Sandler ... Sandler has made a couple of movies that I like.

I watched his final episode this morning on Hulu...

I can say that I've always been a big Jay Leno fan (as opposed to guys like Letterman), and when Conan took over The Tonight Show, I really did try and give him a fair chance - I watched every show for a few weeks straight - he really just never struck my interest. Though, "The Jay Leno" show was terrible too - taking away his desk, the 10 @ 10 garbage... just bad production.

While I don't hate Conan by any means, and completely respect him for what he's done in the world of comedy and late night television, he's never really captured my interest as a comedian.

I also think it's hilarious how all of the Conan fans jump on bashing Jay when none of this was Jay's decision.

"Jay, just kidding - we're going to move your show to 11pm, and move 'The Tonight Show' to 12:05" " Uh, ok"

"Jay, just kidding - Conan says he doesn't want to host 'The Tonight Show' if it's at 12:05, so we're going to cut him and you can have your old job back" "Uh ok"

The whole thing is a demonstration of poor management by NBC. I haven't heard ANYTHING about Jay taking charge or throwing weight around. He really doesn't care as long as he gets to continue telling jokes - be it at NBC or Fox.

I wish Conan the best of luck, and have lost a lot of respect for NBC in the way they handled this. They better not eff up the Olympics.

I think Jay Leno had a bit more to do with it than what's in your post. Have you heard some of the stuff he pulled in order to take over for Carson, when it was supposed to be Letterman all along? The guy is batpoopy crazy, and will stop at nothing to get his way.

I knew what it was all along but my ever so clever switcharoo obviously fooled PON.

Your ever so clever switcharoo did fool PON.

1 month old baby+Wife+Work=no sleep.

even assuming his role was as passive as you suggest, I still think that instead of "uh, ok", he should have said, "no thanks,

"