[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a little late to the party but up until last week I'd never seen a single episode of Lost, not even a fleeting glance.

Then one night I was looking for something to instant watch on Netflix and found Lost - Season 1.

I'm now 5 episodes into season 2 and I have to say it's about the dumbest show I've ever seen. One absurd random story line linked by an improbable coincidence build upon an unlikely sequence of events all wrapped up in a blanket of absurdity.........but I can't stop watching this train wreck. :wacko:

When I told my wife I was watching it she looked at me like I'd confessed a venereal disease and said people who had watched and studied every single episode still had no idea what the hell is really going on. :tup:

I'm now 5 episodes into season 2 and I have to say it's about the dumbest show I've ever seen. One absurd random story line linked by an improbable coincidence build upon an unlikely sequence of events all wrapped up in a blanket of absurdity.........but I can't stop watching this train wreck. :wacko:

The first several seasons are like that and the writers caught a lot of flak for it. Once they set an end date for the series (a few years ago I think) things got a little better and some questions were answered.

The show does piss me off but I enjoy it for some reason.

Apparently the plane had crashed and there were no survivors and the show was about all their journeys through death.

My wife watched this show from the beginning & was rather disappointed with the finale. I'm sooooo glad I never watched it.

I disagree completely...

+1. I don't think they all died in the plane crash. They all died different deaths. When Jack's dad referred to Jack's death...he was talking about Jack dying at the end looking up at the plane.

My take on it is that everything Jack did in the last couple seasons worked. They were all saved and able to go home. They just needed to know where they came from and that's why Desmond had to get them all together.

Lots of questions went unanswered but I expected that. Overall this show goes down as one of my favorites. And tonight another one of my favorites ends.

Is it over yet? While every show, good or bad, has its following, this was not one that I followed. Rather, its one that I have been waiting to be put out of its misery since season 3.

I'm mourning the end of Law and Order.

From another board

"Two guys on a island played a game according to one of their rules for a very long time. During the end of the game a plane crashes with potential candidates to replace the rule maker. One of the survivors volunteers for job and kills the original rule maker's opponent. Then that guy passes the job over to someone else because he has to die to save the island. Plane flies off the island with only a handful of survivors. You all everybody."

Was over on a Lost forum and people are pissed. I guess I just never took the show that seriously. It entertained me. I do think the writers painted themselves into a corner and couldn't really get out. This reminds me of the Sopranos finale.

I just wanted some answers after 6 years. What was the island? Why the smoke monster? What was the light? Those are just recent questions. Some of the old unanswered questions are what were the numbers? How did the others get there? I really think the writers wrote the first few seasons & then said "Oh s**t, we have no answers".

From another board

"Two guys on a island played a game according to one of their rules for a very long time. During the end of the game a plane crashes with potential candidates to replace the rule maker. One of the survivors volunteers for job and kills the original rule maker's opponent. Then that guy passes the job over to someone else because he has to die to save the island. Plane flies off the island with only a handful of survivors. You all everybody."

:wacko: