[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Bye LT?

Do Work Son

I've heard speculation he may go to the Saints. Personally I have 0 interest in him. The tank is empty.

I think he still has some left in the tank, and will pan out for whoever gives him a chance. I think he plays one year (the 2010 season) with a chip on his shoulder.

I can see him going to the Cowboys or the Patriots... Just my feeling..

He'd make a great #2 RB on most teams..

I think he still has some left in the tank, and will pan out for whoever gives him a chance. I think he plays one year (the 2010 season) with a chip on his shoulder.

I can see him going to the Cowboys or the Patriots... Just my feeling..

He'd make a great #2 RB on most teams..

Not a chance he goes to NE. And the Cowboys have quite a few rb's already. why would they need another.

A lot of mileage on those tires. Very few have held up and played as well as LT has. There's no shame in his tank being just about dry at this point, IMO :wacko:

I think its great that he's expecting his first child although (I gotta say) it doesnt seem quite right that a quality guy like LT is having his first while scumbags like Travis Henry have spawned nearly a dozen. I'd much sooner see those numbers reversed :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA buh bye LT!

Sorry I can't stand anything about LT or the chargers.

hate hate hate hate hate hate x2098437598 the chargless!

Sorry to inform you that it'll take more than LT leaving for the pathetic Raiders to beat the Chargers. Your suffering will continue.

Any chance the Vikings go and grab LT? C. Taylor should be leaving due to free agency. I think he'd be a hell of a 3rd down back on a team that has the roster to make it to the big game. Great hands, hardly fumbles (which ADP could use around him), and I think he'd be looking for a team that could win next year. Am I crazy or does this almost make sense? :wacko:

Yeah, I have to say I dislike him too.....For about 5 years, the first overall pick in all fantasy leagues was LT and if you did not get the first overall pick, you usually didn't stand a chance to beat that team....Ahhhhh, I remember the value of one great stud RB.....

Any chance the Vikings go and grab LT? C. Taylor should be leaving due to free agency. I think he'd be a hell of a 3rd down back on a team that has the roster to make it to the big game. Great hands, hardly fumbles (which ADP could use around him), and I think he'd be looking for a team that could win next year. Am I crazy or does this almost make sense? :wacko:

The guys on local sports talk radio(KFAN) have been talking about that very thing lately(including this morning). I've always been a fan of LT but I guess I dont see it happening here. First, Taylor would have to be gone. Next, you'd need to make sure it wouldnt send Peterson's mind spinning worse than it is right now. Then, you'd have to have LT be totally on-board with being a complimentary back for the first time in his life and be paid as such. If all those things were true, then it might make some sense. God knows AP could learn some things from LT about hanging on to the ball.

I'd say its pretty unlikely but I am certainly no NFL executive so take that for what its worth... :D

ETA: Florio on KFAN talking about it right now

Edited by Delicious_bass

I guess the LT rumors are flying in every city...Philly no different.

If indeed the Eagles release Wesbrook (almost certain) and his hefty contract, they definitely would want/need some security for the still-learning McCoy. And the one thing the Eagles have always lacked is a goal-line presence.

A pure pass-catching RB in a pass-happy offense, who also has a provennose for the stripe, would be ideal.

:wacko:

I've owned LT in one keeper league ever since his rookie season. All I have to say is "Thanks Mr. Tomlinson, for a great career. You have been a pleasure! I am truly sorry to see you go. I drafted your replacement last season, a Mr. Chris Johnson. I hope he can be as worthy."

I thought it might have been an original idea, but apparently everyone else is thinking the same thing. :wacko: oh well, my lack of real contributing to this site has never stopped me before so why should it now. :D

Anyway, I'm not really sure where LT's head is at. The Eagles are an interesting idea as well. I think LT has enough in the tank to help out a team on the football field. At this point I don't really care about his Fantasy value. He's been a solid guy and never got a chance to win a ring. I guess he'll have to decide what is more important to him. My thought would be that he wants to contribute on a team that has a real chance at the SB (where the Vikes and Eagles make sense). If he just wants to go after the highest paycheck/playing time he could get, It would be a bit sad to see him end up in Detroit or KC.

Yeah, I have to say I dislike him too.....For about 5 years, the first overall pick in all fantasy leagues was LT and if you did not get the first overall pick, you usually didn't stand a chance to beat that team....Ahhhhh, I remember the value of one great stud RB.....

This was true for 1 year, not 5, and it was of course after his 31 TD season. I laughed and let people overpay in our auction draft. I love when people chase the previous year.

Edited by BeeR

LT in denial:

"I would say, just being honest, since Marty left, the focus of running the football the way it was, every year my numbers have dropped. Every single year it has dropped," Tomlinson said. "For me, I look at the numbers. Did I get old the year after I won the MVP? I don't think so. What about a couple years? I certainly don't think so."

LT in denial:

"I would say, just being honest, since Marty left, the focus of running the football the way it was, every year my numbers have dropped. Every single year it has dropped," Tomlinson said. "For me, I look at the numbers. Did I get old the year after I won the MVP? I don't think so. What about a couple years? I certainly don't think so."

It is truly sad.