[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Murtha Dead at 77

Perchoutofwater

This man has almost as much named after him as Robert Byrd. King of pork and had ethics issues. But all we hear about is his military service.

They were both born in WV... :wacko:

Edited by SEC=UGA

This man has almost as much named after him as Robert Byrd. King of pork and had ethics issues. But all we hear about is his military service.

I think people are just trying to be respectful and are trying to point out the positives since he has just passed away. Obviously there are a bunch of negatives associated with the man as well, but I think that can all either be left for another time or just dropped altogether since he is no longer with us.

I think people are just trying to be respectful and are trying to point out the positives since he has just passed away. Obviously there are a bunch of negatives associated with the man as well, but I think that can all either be left for another time or just dropped altogether since he is no longer with us.

I understand what you are saying. I am just not one that automatically makes someone a saint because they happened to die. Not that I am comparing this guy to Hitler, but when Hitler died were we supposed to say only nice things about him? Again, just trying to make a point, not comparing this guy to Hitler.

Yes, your GOP is doing great by sitting on their hands and "blanket holds".

Hooray you win!!

Nice talking point. The GOP will be happy to take over and pass legislation. But I am sure that the same party that would not even incorporate one of their ideas would not allow that to happen. You wait and see. Your little presidential healthcare summit will prove my point. Alll of their ideas(TORT REFORM) will be shot down.