[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does FA start?

BeeR

So absolutely zero sports goings on for 3 more wks. :wacko: Oh well thx

NBA, Olympics, NASCAR, and soon - Spring Training.. :D

I forgot to add NHL - but in all seriousness, does ANYONE in the US watch the NHL? That was one sport that was KILLED by the lockout. Hopefully the NFL learns a lesson from them - although I don't think that it would take that big of a hit if they did have a lockout in 2011

Edited by Shorttynaz

I forgot to add NHL - but in all seriousness, does ANYONE in the US watch the NHL? That was one sport that was KILLED by the lockout. Hopefully the NFL learns a lesson from them - although I don't think that it would take that big of a hit if they did have a lockout in 2011

The NHL will be off during the Olympics to the top players can participate there.

I forgot to add NHL - but in all seriousness, does ANYONE in the US watch the NHL?

Penguins vs Capitals last Saturday on NBC (Nationally Televised) was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Of course you had the games two best players in Crosby and Ovechkin and they did not disappoint. It was pretty awesome...

Edited by Outshined

Penguins vs Capitals last Saturday Sunday on NBC (Nationally Televised) was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Of course you had the games two best players in Crosby and Ovechkin and they did not disappoint. It was pretty awesome...

And I agree it was a great game as Ovie scored a Hat Trick and almost had his 4th in OT. The Caps also won their 14th in a row and are going for 15 right now.

And while FA is more exciting, the Combine is far more FF relevant.

This year's free agency class is underwhelming, to say the least. A bunch of quality UFAs will be RFAs thanks to the lack of a collective bargaining agreement. The draft class, on the other hand, is pretty deep.

NBA, Olympics, NASCAR, and soon - Spring Training

Exactly.

The combine bores me to tears also. In fact j2v is right, the FA class is pretty weak as well. fn hosed till end of April :D

Are we jonesin'? :wacko:

???

Edited by BeeR

When are we going to find out for sure whether or not teams can release players without any cap ramifications whatsoever?

No mention of NBA All-Star weekend? Geez, the Great American Race this weekend? College basketball is in the head of their conference races.

Why isn't basketball a winter sport in the Olympics?

Exactly.

The combine bores me to tears also. In fact j2v is right, the FA class is pretty weak as well. fn hosed till end of April :wacko:

???

I don't know how anyone with testicles can't like the combine! The first day is a yawner but geez, I think I might enjoy that even more than watching games.

All winter Olympic events are on either snow or ice.

I coulda sworn I wasn't blond.

Would kinda even the playing field though....

"Once they make a heated hockey rink, we'll take that ish too! Wait til you see LeBron on some skates......slapshot BEEYOTCH!!"

--Chris Rock

I don't know how anyone with testicles can't like the combine! The first day is a yawner but geez, I think I might enjoy that even more than watching games.

:wacko: To each their own I guess...I'm mildly interested in how this or that person looked but I can read that later. Watching guys jump around cones and do little sprints etc is for me about as interesting as watching people play poker on TV. Both are roughly neck and neck w/watching paint dry.

:wacko: To each their own I guess...I'm mildly interested in how this or that person looked but I can read that later. Watching guys jump around cones and do little sprints etc is for me about as interesting as watching people play poker on TV. Both are roughly neck and neck w/watching paint dry.

Yeah, I don't much care for the broad jump or weightlifting, but a lot of the stuff is pretty cool. I really like watching the QB's and the WR's. The DB's are fun to watch. Heck, even watching the defensive lineman make their way through the dummy drills is pretty interesting, you can see which ones are athletes, and you get an idea of the explosiveness of some of the players. Overall, the best part for me is that when your homer teams draft players later in the draft, you have seen them before.