[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GM recalls 1.3M cars

jetsfan

March 2, 1943: Battle of the Bismarck Sea commences

Allied forces in the western Pacific began an offensive against a convoy of Japanese ships on this day in 1943. A day before the battle began, U.S. reconnaissance aircraft spotted the Japanese ships heading toward Lae and Salamaua in New Guinea. The Japanese convoy was steaming toward the area with fresh troops, supplies, and aircraft fuel. Once the Americans spotted the Japanese, U.S. and Australian war planes engaged the convoy. When the fighting was over on March 4, three thousand Japanese troops and sailors lay dead, and eight Japanese troop transports and four Japanese destroyers were decimated. The battle was a disaster for Japan.

Let's compare responses:

GM vice-chairman Bob Lutz told the BBC at the Geneva Motor show: "This is a case where, yes, we would blame a partially Toyota-owned supplier."

Under blistering criticism, Toyota President Akio Toyoda personally and repeatedly apologized to Congress and millions of anxious American car-owners Wednesday for deadly defects in popular models produced by his Japanese company.

Under blistering criticism, Toyota President Akio Toyoda personally and repeatedly apologized to Congress and millions of anxious American car-owners Wednesday for deadly defects in popular models produced by his Japanese company.

Actually he said, chung chung chewy sucky sucky America sucky rong time we make one hunded mirrion more dorrars rast year by not discrosing probrem. Suckers. Love rive Pear Harbour bombing. Shame we couldn't kill and slave arr of rou. Keep buying our chitty cars.

Actually he said, chung chung chewy sucky sucky America sucky rong time we make one hunded mirrion more dorrars rast year by not discrosing probrem. Suckers. Love rive Pear Harbour bombing. Shame we couldn't kill and slave arr of rou. Keep buying our chitty cars.

:wacko:

Tim you are by far the funniest poster here . . comedic gold . . .

lol

And GB chimpokeman.

I didn't know you were fluent in Engrish? :wacko:

Neither me or my company will buy another GM product until such time as the government is out of the car business. I've spoken to several others that are taking this stance as well, including a metal building manufacturer, a truss manufacturer, two HVAC contractors, a drywall contractor, a company that manufactures hats, another GC/CM, and a site work contractor (basically my lunch gang). Between the 9 of us that is probably 150-165 vehicles. I doubt that we are an isolated group. I think the government's direct involvement in business has really irked a lot of conservative business owners.

Neither me or my company will buy another GM product until such time as the government is out of the car business. I've spoken to several others that are taking this stance as well, including a metal building manufacturer, a truss manufacturer, two HVAC contractors, a drywall contractor, a company that manufactures hats, another GC/CM, and a site work contractor (basically my lunch gang). Between the 9 of us that is probably 150-165 vehicles. I doubt that we are an isolated group. I think the government's direct involvement in business has really irked a lot of conservative business owners.

My wife and I have already said that our next vehicle purchases (which granted wont' be for a year or two) will definiltey be Fords simply because they were the lone Big Auto Company to not accept the bailouts. I know we won't make a difference alone, but if a lot of other people feel the same way, it might end up being the best business decision Ford has made since they implemented the assembly line.

Luckily, I bought my '07 Silverado just before it became Government Motors and (knock on wood) both Vettes should last me a loooong time so I won't be in the market for ahwile. She does need to replace her Corolla in a year or so and she wants a Mustang. I won't buy GM again until it gets off the Gubment teet and proves it can stay off it. And I've always owned GM products since my first hand-me-down '78 Mitsubishi blew up on me going down I-95 a few months after getting my license.