[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real question, ever ate this with eggs or alone?

WaterMan

http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/03/29/...-in-milk-gravy/

You might have noticed that both cans have the brains nestled in scrambled eggs. That’s how they are served here and you can even find them on some restaurant menus. I’ve never seen anyone order it, but I always like it when I see it on the menu. It gives me that “ahhh, I’m not eating at no dang corporate chain, no I’m eating at the restaurant of the people. The eggs n’ brains eating dadgummed heart of America” feeling.

I've eaten my share of sesos tacos. Texture is a bit like tofu. Honestly, it amazes me how random people are about what part of the animal is to be considered gross. No problem with ham, which is basically ass. No problem with the loin, which essentially the groin. But we had to start calling our braised pork cheek, braised pork before the dish totally took off. Now we can't make enough of it 'cause it's tasty as all hell. So, you'll eat the ass, just not meat that comes from the head. Gotcha.

Honestly, I can totally understand it if, let's say boiled pig dicks were the tastiest thing going, that people would still take a pass on that one. I mean, tasty or not, it's still boiled pig dicks and that can be a tough one to get around. But why is meat from the face or even the brain so weird? I can also get someone just being turned off by the notion of eating any part of an animal. I just don't get the seemingly arbitrary way we decide what part is cool to eat and what part isn't.

I just don't get the seemingly arbitrary way we decide what part is cool to eat and what part isn't.

The US has come a loooong was from when we used to use "every part of the pig but the oink."

I've eaten my share of sesos tacos. Texture is a bit like tofu. Honestly, it amazes me how random people are about what part of the animal is to be considered gross. No problem with ham, which is basically ass. No problem with the loin, which essentially the groin. But we had to start calling our braised pork cheek, braised pork before the dish totally took off. Now we can't make enough of it 'cause it's tasty as all hell. So, you'll eat the ass, just not meat that comes from the head. Gotcha.

Honestly, I can totally understand it if, let's say boiled pig dicks were the tastiest thing going, that people would still take a pass on that one. I mean, tasty or not, it's still boiled pig dicks and that can be a tough one to get around. But why is meat from the face or even the brain so weird? I can also get someone just being turned off by the notion of eating any part of an animal. I just don't get the seemingly arbitrary way we decide what part is cool to eat and what part isn't.

I don't eat organs. I eat meat. I'm not a fan of liver, don't recall ever eating a heart or kidneys or spleen, either. Maybe that's it.

Intersting observation. We need unta's take on this one.