[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

America's most underwater housing markets

driveby

Stop the planet, I want off. We trust greedy and short-sighted politicians, banks, CEOs, Wall Street etc. to know what they are doing and keep the machinery running. Then we find out they were completely clueless and ran it into the ground, causing economic misery that will last a generation, possibly longer. And there are few if any consequences. FML.

Great news for my cousin though, if he ends up buying a place in Vegas, looks like he will have a great selection and rock-bottom prices. If he can sell his place here that is.

This little blurb from the article makes me question the list. California or other states may have cities that occupy several of the top ten spots.

Based on this research, we compiled the following list of America's most underwater housing markets. (Please note: We chose no more than one city per state.)
Edited by wirehairman

A foreclosure in my neighborhood just sold for $200k less than it's original value just 2 years ago. My wife and I were talking to our neighbors about it this last Sunday and basically just said that we were glad that we all get along because none of us will be able to sell for decades.

A foreclosure in my neighborhood just sold for $200k less than it's original value just 2 years ago. My wife and I were talking to our neighbors about it this last Sunday and basically just said that we were glad that we all get along because none of us will be able to sell for decades.

I fully expect to still be here to see the 3- and 5-year-old kids next door tried, convicted and sentenced.

i initially read this as Greedy, Colo

I'm surprised it's on any list. My wife went there about 20 years ago and it was an armpit. Ok so maybe not that bad, but not a city you strive to live. Looks like things have changed.