[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

George Soros' investment group fined for manipulating markets

Perchoutofwater

eh... good? I mean - bad for him to have done it - but good that he is being called to task for it?

Is that kind of what you are lookng for?

Sadly if it was a conservative Perch would never have posted the link. . . . :wacko:

But is a fine enough? How much is that to a billionaire like Soros? What possible deterrent will that be? Seriously?

Dont even get me started on the masive worldly repurcussions of the mighty Hungarian stock market . . . :D

Sadly if it was a conservative Perch would never have posted the link. . . . :wacko:

But is a fine enough? How much is that to a billionaire like Soros? What possible deterrent will that be? Seriously?

Dont even get me started on the masive worldly repurcussions of the mighty Hungarian stock market . . . :D

agreed on both points. I am not sure what the penalty for something like this is - but I hope he gets what he deserves.

Soros is dirty as hell and thinks himself above the law. We know he has broken campaign finance law over here and happily paid a $8,000 fine. If he manipulated the market over there, who's to say he hasn't done it over here? You think Barry and his appointees are going to be quick to investigate?

Soros is dirty as hell and thinks himself above the law. We know he has broken campaign finance law over here and happily paid a $8,000 fine. If he manipulated the market over there, who's to say he hasn't done it over here? You think Barry and his appointees are going to be quick to investigate?

so, once again - what are you looking for here? is your posting of this so we can all play around with hypotheticals? he did something wrong and it seems like he was penalized for it. we can argue that maybe he should have been penalizaed more - but that does not seem to be what you are saying.

so, once again - what are you looking for here? is your posting of this so we can all play around with hypotheticals? he did something wrong and it seems like he was penalized for it. we can argue that maybe he should have been penalizaed more - but that does not seem to be what you are saying.

I'm wondering if he might be guilty of the same thing over here. I know this isn't as juicy of a story as the young Republicans going to the strip club after the RNC told them not too, but I thought it was interesting enough to bring up. I also remember us talking about Martha Stuart a lot too.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'm wondering if he might be guilty of the same thing over here. I know this isn't as juicy of a story as the young Republicans going to the strip club after the RNC told them not too, but I thought it was interesting enough to bring up. I also remember us talking about Martha Stuart a lot too.

:wacko:

Dont worry . . . true or not I am sure it will be front and center on Faux News if it was an issue in the US perch.

Nevertheless, the fine/penality should have been much higher.

I'm wondering if he might be guilty of the same thing over here. I know this isn't as juicy of a story as the young Republicans going to the strip club after the RNC told them not too, but I thought it was interesting enough to bring up.

you know - for as much as you rail on the admin and left - you'd figure that you'd have enough factual things to be upset about. Soros did something wrong - got it. he was penalized and I'd think he has paid the penalty. but rather than hold him accountable for his actions - you want to play the kevin bacon game and point your finger at people who as best anyone can tell - are not related to this.

I'm wondering if he might be guilty of the same thing over here.

I'm wondering if you roger dogs.

I'm wondering if the Twins will win their opener at home.

I'm wondering if I can grill outside a couple times this coming week.

We're all wondering.

I'm hoping you roger dogs.

I'm hoping the Twins will win their opener at home.

I'm hoping I can grill outside a couple times this coming week.

Perch is hoping Soros might be guilty of the same thing over here.

We're all hoping.

fixed

I suppose that your next link will be about Harold Simmons, how he broke campaign finance law in Texas and happily paid a $19,800 fine? Simmons is dirty as hell and thinks himself above the law. He's done it before so we can assume that he will do it again. How many times do you think Bush and his appointees let Simmons slide?

This game is easy.

like i said earlier, these fines are a joke. guys will risk a million dollar fine to make 50mill.

agreed. I kind of felt the same thing with Ronnies - DUI. It seems like a fine would not effect him. Taking away his license on the other hand would.

but if begs the question - do you fine somebody based upon the money they have?

agreed. I kind of felt the same thing with Ronnies - DUI. It seems like a fine would not effect him. Taking away his license on the other hand would.

but if begs the question - do you fine somebody based upon the money they have?

the punishment should fit the crime. they should have to pay a fine and payback any profit made on the illegal trades imo.