[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to Kansas City this weekend

peteteacher2001

My lovely girl has bought us tickets to the Red Sawks/Royals games this weekend. Any ideas on how to spend our Saturday morning/afternoon?

Thanks brethren

She did something pretty cool for you. :wacko:

treat here to some outdoor brunch and shopping at Country Club Plaza, the quasi-swanky area of town south of the city.

My lovely girl has bought us tickets to the Red Sawks/Royals games this weekend. Any ideas on how to spend our Saturday morning/afternoon?

Thanks brethren

Where are you staying?

When are you getting here?

Do you have transportation?

And by the way, you picked the BEST weekend for weather. Going to be absolutely beautiful here this weekend.

Edited by Chief Dick

Where are you staying?

When are you getting here?

Do you have transportation?

And by the way, you picked the BEST weekend for weather. Going to be absolutely beautiful here this weekend.

Staying at the Holiday Inn across from Kaufman Stadium.

Arrive tomorrow about 6ish, checking in and heading to the game.

We're driving out in her car.

Staying at the Holiday Inn across from Kaufman Stadium.

Arrive tomorrow about 6ish, checking in and heading to the game.

We're driving out in her car.

OK.

If you are into the history of baseball, have breakfast at the hotel and head off to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. They open at 9 on Saturdays. You are staying on the East side of town, so heading here points you towards downtown. More importantly, it's on the way to:

Gates BBQ for lunch. Go to the Main Street location. When you walk in, they will yell at you. Just say: "Slab to stay." When you get to the counter, you order your sides and drinks. You could also hit up Arthur Bryants, and go to the original location. It is right down the street from the Museum. If it's me, I go to Gates.

After lunch, head downtown to the Power and Light district. It is right down Main Street heading north, so if you go to Gates you will be really close. Lots of bars, outdoor patio, just a place to hang out and have some drinks.

This whole area, (Museum, Gates, Downtown) is about 15 minutes from your hotel. If my son didn't have a soccer game at 1 on Saturday I would buy you some Gates.

Swammi also pointed out the Plaza area, but it's more of an upscale shopping and restaurant area. If you need to take your girl somewhere to counterbalance the baseball, this is the place. The Plaza is pretty close to the Gates on Main, so you could hit up Gates for lunch and then some shopping.

OK.

If you are into the history of baseball, have breakfast at the hotel and head off to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. They open at 9 on Saturdays. You are staying on the East side of town, so heading here points you towards downtown. More importantly, it's on the way to:

Gates BBQ for lunch. Go to the Main Street location. When you walk in, they will yell at you. Just say: "Slab to stay." When you get to the counter, you order your sides and drinks. You could also hit up Arthur Bryants, and go to the original location. It is right down the street from the Museum. If it's me, I go to Gates.

After lunch, head downtown to the Power and Light district. It is right down Main Street heading north, so if you go to Gates you will be really close. Lots of bars, outdoor patio, just a place to hang out and have some drinks.

This whole area, (Museum, Gates, Downtown) is about 15 minutes from your hotel. If my son didn't have a soccer game at 1 on Saturday I would buy you some Gates.

Swammi also pointed out the Plaza area, but it's more of an upscale shopping and restaurant area. If you need to take your girl somewhere to counterbalance the baseball, this is the place. The Plaza is pretty close to the Gates on Main, so you could hit up Gates for lunch and then some shopping.

Thanks Chief!!! I don't have to worry about counterbalancing the baseball, my gal LOVES baseball! Hell, she's going to opening day at Busch Stadium in the Lou on Monday or Tuesday night. Thanks again Amigo!

CD gave you the low down, and I'll add a big +1 for Gates over AB's. The only other thing you could try, but I highly doubt any spots are available, is a tour of the Boulevard Brewery. It's close to downtown and you get free beer afterwards, so you got that goin' for ya.