[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elections have consequences

westvirginia

:wacko:

That's not how this reads within the first half dozen lines:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.276.htm

If that employee caught wind of that thread, he certainly has a lawsuit he can bring.

Texas is a right to work state. I can fire an employee for looking at me funny if I feel like it, as long as racism, sexism etc.. isn't involved. Point being I can make up a reason, and fire you.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Texas is a right to work state. I can fire an employee for looking at me funny if I feel like it, as long as racism, sexism etc.. isn't involved. Point being I can make up a reason, and fire you.

I think that you are confusing "right to work" (which has to do with union membership) with "at will."

And if employment is "at will," you don't even need to make up a reason.

Works both ways, it's worth pointing out.

Either way, it is a dick move. Even if that is why you fired someone (and you pretty much have no morals if that is the sole reason) why would you proudly trumpet what a jackass you are?

"Look at me! I cost someone their livelihood because of something they did completely outside of work! yay for me!"

Either way, it is a dick move. Even if that is why you fired someone (and you pretty much have no morals if that is the sole reason) why would you proudly trumpet what a jackass you are?

"Look at me! I cost someone their livelihood because of something they did completely outside of work! yay for me!"

Agree. guy's a complete tool.

Well, as Furd has already pointed out you can't even get your terms straight. And as for this example you are wrong as well: the link I posted says you cannot fire someone for their political beliefs. Now perhaps, that's out of date or been repealed but if not it stands as business law in your state.

And as I said earlier, if the employee caught wind of that thread a lawsuit is coming since the employer clearly gloated on choosing the guy to fire...based on his political beliefs.

Edited by Pope Flick

Even if what the employee did outside of work had a negative impact on your business?

If that is the case the guy probably will double his business if his name ever comes out.

He is from Beaumont. The lesbians and rod gobblers have his name all over the innernets. I hope they stalk him.

Even if what the employee did outside of work had a negative impact on your business?

That dog wont hunt perch. You can make the exact same definition of GWB's presidency regarding Medicare D, the magical expiring tax cuts and the Iraq war. ALL which cost the country vast amounts of treasure and therefore had an impact on gubmnet taxation of your business.

But that wouldnt have fit ideologically, huh? :wacko:

Bottom line is if you want to be a self serving vindictive douchebag go ahead. But you are even MORE of a douchebag for openly proclaiming your doucheiness.

I bet that doctore wears Ed Hardy shirts too . . .worry wart.

Edited by bpwallace49

That dog wont hunt perch. You can make the exact same definition of GWB's presidency regarding Medicare D, the magical expiring tax cuts and the Iraq war. ALL which cost the country vast amounts of treasure and therefore had an impact on gubmnet taxation of your business.

But that wouldnt have fit ideologically, huh? :wacko:

Bottom line is if you want to be a self serving vindictive douchebag go ahead. But you are even MORE of a douchebag for openly proclaiming your doucheiness.

I bet that doctore wears Ed Hardy shirts too . . .worry wart.

Sure you can, but it's the people who actually earn the money and make the country go who are being hurt by the obamessiah (monetarily, anyway). No one seems to give a damn about loss of liberty.

Given that Obamacare has canceled the construction of over 60 doctor owned hospitals, I'm not likely to hire someone that voted for Obama. Obama's ill-conceived legislation has had and continues to have unintended consequences that all but the most naive could see coming. It has definitely had a negative impact on my business. If have two people interview for a job and one of them has a "O" sticker on their car, they are not likely to get a job.

Given that Obamacare has canceled the construction of over 60 doctor owned hospitals, I'm not likely to hire someone that voted for Obama. Obama's ill-conceived legislation has had and continues to have unintended consequences that all but the most naive could see coming. It has definitely had a negative impact on my business. If have two people interview for a job and one of them has a "O" sticker on their car, they are not likely to get a job.

+1

So Obama himself stopped the construction? That dude wields alot of power.

Nah, Obama didn't halt construction. I blame that mainly on the congress and secretary of the treasury and their inability to clearly outline reserve regulations for the banks. I also blame Bush for the bailout, I blame Greenspan for leaving interest rates so low and I blame the American public at large for getting into financial situations that they didn't understand and realistically couldn't afford. They're all culpable in my book... bunch o freaking dumbasses.

I just don't want some lazy, dope smoking, feline owning, whiner that will eventually try to sue me because of the anti-Irish, Italian, Polish, and Mosslim jokes that I tell in the office on my payroll. Also, some of the money I pay him may eventually work its way to the DNC or a Democrat candidate, that I can not support.

So Obama himself stopped the construction? That dude wields alot of power.

He could have vetoed the bill that most Americans didn't want passed. It would have endeared him to the masses, and shown a real attempt at a bipartisan solution. Of course it wouldn't forwards the progressive agenda.

btw, Dermdoc is a troll. He made this out of a strictly hypothetical situation. No one was fired or even laid off, yet. Its funny that I've known him for years online. Maybe Spain will hit it big someday.