[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitzgerald vs Boldin

I have Boldin in a dynasty league and was trying to move him. The guy who has Fitzgerald is worried about Leinart and trying to move him but he wants Boldin and 2 future 1st round picks in 2011.

Is there that much difference between the 2 that I should give up 2 of the top 10 rookies next year (and possibly a 1-4 if the other team doesn't make the playoffs with 1 of those picks)

Also do you think Boldin is worth 2 future 1st round rookie picks if I traded him for just picks ? Or is 1st rounder more his worth ?

He is a beast when he plays.

Thoughts ?

im stuck in almost the same position

i traded ronnie brown for fitz straight up this offseason, but im trying to determine if i should trade him for high picks and get dez/arrelious/demaryius, or if he'll be fine

Though I would rather have Fitz than Boldin, there is no way the difference between the two is 2 1st rounders. I think Boldin will have a top 10 season this year. Fitz may drop out of the top 5 due to Leinart. I wouldn't do that deal.

Now, as for the picks... I'm a gambling type of guy. I like trading veterans for 1st rounders (see PnH and PnHII trades :wacko:) If you are looking to restock the pantry, Boldin for 2 1st rounders would be very tempting for me. I would not give him up for just one.

Good input everyone. Thanks. I feel the same way. The guy who wants Boldin off me is only willing to give up a 2nd round pick (#14) this year. No way I said to that one. I offered Boldin for 2 1st rounders to anyone in the league. No one wants to give that up.

The guy with Fitz turned down my initial offer of Boldin, 2 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick and Troy Smith.

I have since taken it off the table.

He said he would consider Boldin and Vincent Jackson for Fitz now.

I don't want to trade both.

Thanks again for the input.

Edited by Henry Muto

Would you trade Boldin for the 2 and 11 picks in this year's rookie draft ?

I would have my shot at either Dez Bryant or Mathews. Those are the only 2 players I like out of this year's draft.

Boldin costs me $3.10 which is nearly 10% of my salary cap for the next 2 years then would go to $4.10 nearly 12% of the cap.

the 2nd pick would be only .90 for the 1st 2 years of his contract

I would have my shot at either Dez Bryant or Mathews. Those are the only 2 players I like out of this year's draft.

Boldin costs me $3.10 which is nearly 10% of my salary cap for the next 2 years then would go to $4.10 nearly 12% of the cap.

What pick(s) do you have in the 1st?

Selling the present for the future is always a risky bet. You know what Boldin will bring to the table...but he seems injury prone. As I said earlier, I really like Boldin & the situation he's in. I like to gamble...but I think I'd pass.

I have no pick in round 1 this year. I won the title last year and my 1st pick is pick 20 my 2nd round pick.

I am still suffering the effects of a trade I did in 2006 for LT and Gates.

I gave up D-Williams, F-Gore, my 2008, 2009 and 2010 1st round picks.

I won 2 titles in those 4 years so I guess I can't complain too much about that trade but it was a really terrible trade in the end.

I got 4 seasons out of LT, 4 out of Gates.

Gave up 2 RB's that turned into stud. Gave up 3 1st round picks as well.

I would make that trade. Either Dez or Mathews could make it worth it.

If you have a very good shot at winning the title again, I would keep Boldin. If, on the other hand, you're leaning more towards a slight (or total) rebuild, then I would deal Boldin for those two picks in a heartbeat. You take Matthews or Bryant with #2, then have lots of options with the #11 pick. If it's IDP, the #11 is worth even more (since 2-3 LB's could go before #11), but assuming it's not, you still should have plenty of options at #11... I've seen Bradford and Gresham fall that far, but even if they don't, you'll have a handful of WR's and a couple of RB's to choose from.

The main reason I am shopping Boldin is I have to make a move to get under the salary cap.

I have a lot of vets on my team some through the draft and some through trade. Players like Moss I have had for 13 years so his salary is high.

Randy Moss $6.90

Steve Smith (Car) $4.20

Tomlinson $4.50

S-Jackson $2.90

Welker $2.10

Gates $3.10

Rivers, Garrard, P-Thomas, B-Marshall, V-Jackson all $1.10

Boldin $3.10

Peppers $1.70

That's 13 players that total $34 - cap is $35 we have 30 roster spots and I have several other players between .50-..90

I stand at $37.90 right now so I need to get down to $35 and if I want to sign any FA in the preseason auction we have I need to get even farther below or I get to sign no one until after week 1 of the season.

So I really don't want to trade Boldin or anyone else but my hand is forced.

The other option is to waive LT and his $4.50 contract but that is hard to do considering what I gave up. I feel like I need to have him retire to give him up.

We are TD heavy league so LT has value he was 10th in scoring last year for my league.

I have the team to win a title again but I don't need Boldin to do it I still got Moss, Marshall, V-Jackson who I can play at WR.

Boldin is a 4th option and I have Steve Smith of Carolina who can fill in as the 4th option without Boldin.

The other option is to waive LT and his $4.50 contract but that is hard to do considering what I gave up. I feel like I need to have him retire to give him up.

"Don't let emotion get in the way of business"....AJ Smith

I was thinking the 2 and 11 picks because the 2 would be either Dez Bryant or Mathews.

The 11 I was thinking either Bradford or Clauson

Since I had to deal Palmer that left me think at back up QB with just Rivers, Garrard and Troy Smith

The guy who has interest in Boldin who has the 2 and 11 picks also has Brees, Ryan and Sanchez at QB.

Since I was thinking of taking a QB at 11 I could go for a deal he might like even better and serve me just as well.

I could ask for the 2 and either Ryan or Sanchez so he might like that better getting to keep his 11 pick and he doesn't need both those QBs since he has Brees and 1 of the other ones.

I prefer Ryan but I think he would rather keep Ryan.

So would you do it for the 2 and Ryan/Sanchez whichever he wants to give up ?

Or roll the dice that Bradford falls to 11 ?

If you need a QB at 11, then taking Ryan or Sanchez is the safer bet than hoping Bradford falls, then hoping he works out. So yes, I would take #2 and Ryan/Sanchez for Boldin. I'd rather trade Smith though.

Edited by DO Jaded

Due to salary cap implications, have you considered moving Randy? I think he only has 2-3 years left, if that, and he may be worth more on the market than Boldin.

I would not trade Boldin and V-Jax for Fitz until I see how Fitz performs without Warner. At least Boldin has a young, proven, QB throwing to him.

• 2 weeks later...
Due to salary cap implications, have you considered moving Randy? I think he only has 2-3 years left, if that, and he may be worth more on the market than Boldin.

I would not trade Boldin and V-Jax for Fitz until I see how Fitz performs without Warner. At least Boldin has a young, proven, QB throwing to him.

+1...i kinda like Boldin b/c you can get him later in the draft. I think I am gonna fall into the same ol' routine and wing it with WRs later in the draft this year. There will be some good ones falling in your lap in rounds 3-6, especially in PPR, and there are some good sleepers this year for the later picks.

That's against my religion. Moss will retire on my team he helped win me 6 titles and I am a loyal owner.

Well that is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in fantasy football. Do you think he is going to show up when you put him in your ring of honor? Placing sentiment over future production is a sure way to lose a keeper or dynasty league. Fantasy football is like the stock market you want to buy low and sell high. Moss is about to begin a decline, he might have one more year in him. Boldin and Fitz will both have years of good production left.