[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The GOP Looks West

CaP'N GRuNGe

bp, it seem your idea of a responsible republican is someone that continually caves to the left. If the same degree of measure was used on Democrats, we could say there might be one or two in all of Washington.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here actually defended Keith Olbermann so that people trot him out like a trophy? Seriously?

You weren't here or weren't paying attention when Shrub was Potus, or you would have seen how several of the lefties in this thread linked to him on various occasions.

That is the scary part Perch. Too many people think what he says is the gospel of the Republican party. Do you REALLY want him as the representative of the right?

Do you really want Olbermann, Maddow, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton etc... as representatives of the left? I've never elected Beck, nor would I. The only reason I listen to him at all is he is no the same radio station that does the ABC news breaks in the morning on the way to work. I think he brings up a lot of good points, but I think the right would be a lot better served if he did so with a lot less hyperbole and fewer attempts at humor. Having said that he is an entertainer, he will be the first to tell you he is an entertainer and not a journalist. He's trying to sell advertising he does that by getting viewers and listeners. If he were to boringly drone on about many of the topics he discusses he would lose half of his audience to boredom. I don't see him as any different than any number of commentators on MSNBC, CNN, etc... except that at least he comes right out and tells you he isn't a journalist, but an entertainer, and he will tell you right he has an agenda.

bp, it seem your idea of a responsible republican is someone that continually caves to the left. If the same degree of measure was used on Democrats, we could say there might be one or two in all of Washington.

Absolutely not Perch. But I think responsible Republicans and responsible democrats actually try to reach a consensus or a compromise that represents give and take on both sides. They actually listen to the position the other party has to offer, and then tries to work together to get something accomplished. I guess I see responsible politicans (wait a minute . . .:tup::tup: . . .ok) as being open to new ideas and concepts that would work for America . . not just their narrow partisan bullcrap that will get them re-elected. And as much as you and other try to label me as a die-hard liberal, I have consistently said that about BOTH parties since my first posts here. :wacko: I am much more in favor of compromise and consensus than partisan stonewalling and finger pointing . . . .

This isnt the shootout at the OK Corral where only one side can win. If that approach is taken, then we ALL lose. havent you learned anything from the health care debate? :lol:

You weren't here or weren't paying attention when Shrub was Potus, or you would have seen how several of the lefties in this thread linked to him on various occasions.

I wasnt here Perch . . . sooo that makes Olbermann=Rush Limbaugh and Beck on your scorecard?

This isnt the shootout at the OK Corral where only one side can win. If that approach is taken, then we ALL lose. havent you learned anything from the health care debate? :wacko:

Are you talking about the health care debate where so many responsible democrats shut the republicans out of the process and voted pretty much strictly along party lines?

Do you really want Olbermann, Maddow, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton etc... as representatives of the left? I've never elected Beck, nor would I. The only reason I listen to him at all is he is no the same radio station that does the ABC news breaks in the morning on the way to work. I think he brings up a lot of good points, but I think the right would be a lot better served if he did so with a lot less hyperbole and fewer attempts at humor. Having said that he is an entertainer, he will be the first to tell you he is an entertainer and not a journalist. He's trying to sell advertising he does that by getting viewers and listeners. If he were to boringly drone on about many of the topics he discusses he would lose half of his audience to boredom. I don't see him as any different than any number of commentators on MSNBC, CNN, etc... except that at least he comes right out and tells you he isn't a journalist, but an entertainer, and he will tell you right he has an agenda.

Of course not Perch, and they are as whacked out as Rush and Beck are. Is this your attempt to add two wrongs to make a right? :wacko:

I do see Beck as being very different than other commentators . . . he references everything in this administration to the Nazis. :tup:

-sigh- here we go again down the drainhole of what constitutes a "real" journalist again . . . . :tup::lol:

I wasnt here Perch . . . sooo that makes Olbermann=Rush Limbaugh and Beck on your scorecard?

On the contrary, I don't remember any conservatives linking to Limbaugh and Beck. If anything most conservatives will admit they both have some ideas we agree, but want to hold them at arms length. Olbermann, Maddow, and trembling leg Mathews have been linked here on numerous occasions.

Still, what more do you want me to say? I've said I agree with a good deal of what I've heard Beck say, but think his delivery is harmful to the conservative cause. I haven't listened to Rush on anything like a regular basis in years (since the Clinton administration), but believe he occasionally makes a decent point (or he used to), but still think he is a Buffoon. In both cases neither pretend to be real journalist like so many of the buffoons on the left do.

Are you talking about the health care debate where so many responsible democrats shut the republicans out of the process and voted pretty much strictly along party lines?

Yes perch I am. There is very little responsible leadership from EITHER party lately. Not from the left that voted on the bill all by themselves, or from the right that decided to sit on their hands and do nothing but complain. BOTH SIDES are to blame . . .

Perch, we had better stop now. You obviously think the Republicans can do no wrong . . . and I keep saying that BOTH parties have issues and have shown a real lack of leadership for our country. Maybe we had just let this be.

Perch, we had better stop now. You obviously think the Republicans can do no wrong . . . and I keep saying that BOTH parties have issues and have shown a real lack of leadership for our country. Maybe we had just let this be.

I'd dare say I've been more critical of Republicans than you have of Democrats. I really want more conservatives in the GOP, and by conservatives I mean fiscal conservatives. For the most part I could care less about half the social issues the GOP stands on. FWIW I've been very harsh on Shrub for Medicare D and his lack of nuts regarding immigration. I'll admit to being hoodwinked by the Patriot Act (as were most liberals in congress), but there is a lot of it that I now find objectionable (though some of the controversial stuff I still have no problem with). I have a problem with earmarks the GOP throws into bills. I'm really not a fan of the GOP, I just see them as the lessor of two evils. If there was a viable libertarian party out there I'd fall into it rather than the GOP.

I'd dare say I've been more critical of Republicans than you have of Democrats. I really want more conservatives in the GOP, and by conservatives I mean fiscal conservatives. For the most part I could care less about half the social issues the GOP stands on. FWIW I've been very harsh on Shrub for Medicare D and his lack of nuts regarding immigration. I'll admit to being hoodwinked by the Patriot Act (as were most liberals in congress), but there is a lot of it that I now find objectionable (though some of the controversial stuff I still have no problem with). I have a problem with earmarks the GOP throws into bills. I'm really not a fan of the GOP, I just see them as the lessor of two evils. If there was a viable libertarian party out there I'd fall into it rather than the GOP.

Ok Perch . . . you win. :wacko: You are the champion of moderation.

Hey BP -are the following quotes what you mean when you talk about posters not adding to the conversation and just trying to stir up trouble?

I guess if you keep repeating it that makes it true. :wacko:

Somebody wasn't paying attention.

If you're a fan of naked senators from Massachusetts, are you Western GOP or Southern GOP?

Just checking to make sure you're being a just as hard on your lefty buddies as you are on conservatives in this forum. However, I don't see any posts from you yet discouraging his posts. Hmmmm....

Hey BP -are the following quotes what you mean when you talk about posters not adding to the conversation and just trying to stir up trouble?

Just checking to make sure you're being a just as hard on your lefty buddies as you are on conservatives in this forum. However, I don't see any posts from you yet discouraging his posts. Hmmmm....

-sigh- Are you serious? You are comparing attempts at humor versus your particular brand of ditto-head agreement with the far right?

If you makes you feel better . .

Shame on you evil GOP liars! Why cant you contribute something of value like Tosberg who routinely posts fascinating analysis how Glenn Beck should pose for his eventual depiction on Mount Rushmore?

happy? :wacko: (I would say the difference is he isnt pretending to add to the conversation. Unlike you.) :tup:

All Limbaugh is is a college dropout and former (fired) radio disc jockey with a huge ego. I am a Republican and have been tired of Rush and his image forever. He got his job replacing Mort Downey Jr. by spouting out crap that he knew would get him attention, then tried to fool everyone into thinking he has some real desire to see anything other than his own ego inflate and his pockjet book grow. He gives republicans a bad name and many Democrats use him to the Republicans disadvantage. He is greedy and uses negative press to spin his agenda. Of course, there are the same kind of people on the Democrat's side, too. I am not singling out either party. We in the middle are tired of the Rush types ruining the perception of good hard working people in the middle. People buy these guys books and fill his pockets while he spins arguments that are designed to make your blood boil. He should be listened to for entertainment purposes only.

Now, with all that being said, I am looking forward watching the election results this year. But I think the real count is not Dem vs. Rep., but challenger vs. incumbent.

I just wanted to note that Tosberg's post has added more to the conversation than any other post in this thread.

Edited by bushwacked

Now, with all that being said, I am looking forward watching the election results this year. But I think the real count is not Dem vs. Rep., but challenger vs. incumbent.

I think that most incumbents will get their :wacko: handed to them this cycle. In both parties.