[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin vs 1.02 who wins that deal ?

Is Boldin worth more or less than the 1.02 pick or is he about equal to it.

Some people tell me I am crazy to think I can get the 1.02 and they offer me the 1.10

Others think I am crazy to give up Boldin for an unproven WR and would ask for more.

The guy offered me 1.02, 2.01, 2011 2nd plus Ryan for Boldin and P-Thomas.

I don't want to give up Thomas I counterd with Slaton instead.

I am guessing he will not take that since Slaton got hurt and looked lost at times last year.

So I think I need to cut the offer down to Boldin for the 1.02.

Thoughts ? Is the 1.02 enough ? Am I asking for too much here ?

Full dynasty or not? If not, top available players? (Assuming if it is full dynasty, this is a rookie draft)

What does the rest of your roster look like? If you are a top contender this year, I would err towards keeping Boldin or trying to get more for him, if you are not and are looking to rebuild, then the 1.02 or a combination of picks from this year and next would be an offer worth considering.

Full dynasty or not? If not, top available players? (Assuming if it is full dynasty, this is a rookie draft)

What does the rest of your roster look like? If you are a top contender this year, I would err towards keeping Boldin or trying to get more for him, if you are not and are looking to rebuild, then the 1.02 or a combination of picks from this year and next would be an offer worth considering.

Full dynasty, rookie only draft, I won the title last year and will always try to contend I never rebuild in this league.

Roster

Rivers (SD) QB

Garrard (Jax) QB

Smith (Blt) QB

Jackson (StL) RB

Thomas (NO) RB

Tomlinson (NYJ) RB

Slaton (Hou) RB

Bradshaw (NYG) RB

Bell (Phil) RB

Foster (Hou) RB

Moss (NE) WR

Marshall (Mia) WR

Jackson (SD) WR

Smith (Car) WR

Welker (NE)-PUP WR

Boldin (Blt) WR

Edelman (NE) WR

Robinson (StL) WR

Gaffney (Den) WR

Gibson (StL) WR

Gates (SD) TE

Finley (GB) TE

Prater (Den) K

Feely (Arz) K

Cundiff (Bal) K

Peppers (Chi) DL

Williams (Hou) DL

Harrison (Pitt) LB

Merriman (SD) LB

Polamalu (Pitt) LB

Byrd (Buf) DB

Developmental list

K-Burton (StL) WR

Scott (Cin) RB

Johnson (NYG) RB

Dilliard (Jax) WR

Peerman (Cin) RB

Thomas (Jax) WR

Butler (Sea) WR

I offered Boldin for the 1.02, 2.01 and a 2011 2nd rounder.

In a dyansty league you really have a wide amount of opinions on players.

1 guy told me he wouldn't give me anything but a 2nd rounder because Boldin now plays Baltimore and is Age 29 soon to be 30.

I don't need him to win this year I am stacked at WR would be more stacked if Welker had not got hurt.

having Randy Moss, Marshall, V-Jax, Smith (Car), Welker, Gates, Finley for this year already and I only start 3-5 WR/TE's per week.

Play in plenty of dynasty leagues, so have a decent grasp on valuations.

If you can get the 1.02 and change, I do it. While stacked, you could use a youth infusion at RB, sending Boldin off for that would be nice. If he balks, I'd focus on the 1.02 and the 2011 pick IMO.

Assuming the owner with the 1.02 earned it with a bad record, sending Bolding there for the 1.02 won't hurt you for this season's championship run, but allows you to get younger at RB, like BC mentioned.

If you can get more, go for it, but I think just the 1.02 is worth it in your position.

But aren't you thinking about using the pick on Bryant, which just perpetuates your WR over RB roster? :wacko: S

Looking at your roster, I'd take the 1.02 for him (or the last deal you posted)

Count me as one of the people who expect Boldin's numbers to decline in Baltimore plus it infuses some youth into your roster

Thanks for the responses.

Things are not going smoothly in this process to obtain the 1.02

He offered 1.02, 2.01, 2011 2nd and Ryan and wants Boldin and P-Thomas

I did not want to give up P-Thomas.

So now I might possibly be able to swing a 3 way deal where I give only Boldin

I would get Ryan, 2011 1st and 2012 1st from the team that missed playoffs last year but he gets Boldin and Colston in the 3 way deal so he might be able to make playoffs this year (Brees, Drew, Colston, Boldin, Ocho, Ward) main starters.

I might be able to land those 2 future 1st rounders (giving me (3) 1st in 2010, (2) 1st in 2011)

I would need to convince the Colston owner to give him up for the 1.02, 2.01 and 2011 2nd though and right now he wants 1.02, and those 2 1st rounders for him.

So in a nutshell would you just pass on the 1.02 and try to get the 2 future 1st and Ryan instead ?

Besides the Colston owner wanting too much :wacko:, I think with your roster, getting Ryan and two future 1st rounders for Boldin is a great deal for you.

Well the Colston owner said "he wasn't happy with the deal but will do it"

I kinda really wanted Ryan but he would not do the deal without all of that going to him.

So the deal is done.

I gave up Boldin and got 1.02 and 2011 2nd rounder

Colston owner got Ryan, 2.01, 2011 1st, 2012 1st

The other guy got Coslton and Boldin and he gave up Ryan and those 5 picks to get them both.

I am feeling a little down about this deal now because I wanted to get Ryan somehow and I didn't get it done.

It was tempting to get Ryan and 2 1st rounders for just Boldin but the Colston guy would not take the 1.02, 2.01 for Colston so I couldn't land that side of the deal.

Colston owner scored big time IMO.

You got good value for Boldin in a dynasty.

Other owner sure paid a lot for a pair of WRs

Agreed.

The best part about this is the Colston owner while getting a lot loses for this year and I own his 1st round pick next year when I traded him Palmer when he only had Favre and Warner on his roster. I am betting he sure wishes he could have that trade back now that he has Ryan.

So while he wins big this year I think I actually get the best of all of it since I get both the 1.02 and now there is a very good chance he misses the playoffs and I get a top 4 pick next year as well where as if he still had Colston he might make the playoffs because Favre > Ryan for this year anyway and the 2.01 is not likely to do anything near what Colston will do.