[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV

Timmypg

Just signed up for whole house DVR. They are coming to install that tomorrow and an HD box for our new set in the bedroom. Now I can watch the Giants down in the cave and my wife can watch Kolb throw 5 picks in glorious HD up in the bedroom, and I won't even be able to hear her cries of anguish! :wacko:

I would never sign up for autopay....all they have to do is screw up your bill and take the money out - automatic headache...

Sounds like something you could "sign out" of at a later date? I don't think autopay is a lifetime type deal. :wacko:

Sounds like something you could "sign out" of at a later date? I don't think autopay is a lifetime type deal. :wacko:

When I read up on DirecTV complaints... the number 1 complaint was that DirecTV would miscommunicate something about their pricing over the phone, then take the money from your account and not ever resolve the issue for you or refund your money. You have no leverage at all, because you're under contract not to cancel, and to go through arbitration instead of courts, and they have an F rating with the BBB already so that's not a plausible route.

Good luck with giving them your bank info.

I have always had autopay and never had a problem that wasn't easily resolved. As a matter of fact if they have taken the wrong amount it was corrected and I have been given credits back

ETA: I also signed up for the $10 off for 2 years of HD service

Edited by T_bone65

When I read up on DirecTV complaints... the number 1 complaint was that DirecTV would miscommunicate something about their pricing over the phone, then take the money from your account and not ever resolve the issue for you or refund your money. You have no leverage at all, because you're under contract not to cancel, and to go through arbitration instead of courts, and they have an F rating with the BBB already so that's not a plausible route.

Ding ding ding.

DirectTV can rot in hell. I was a preferred customer for years until they started pulling that crap.

You can use a credit card not your bank.

Right, because that's not money.

You do have the ability to dispute a charge to a CC. Just like if a store overcharges you, there is more recourse with a CC. I personally don't use them much (kind of a debt hater) but they have their uses. It just depends on if the risk is worth the reward. I've never had DTV (although I've considered it many times...and if you had to watch Chief games every week...you would to) so maybe they aren't worth the risk. I'm guessing the CC option is a way to mitigate that risk for those who have never had problems. I haven't really changed my TV package in awhile so my cox cable bill has been the same amount (besides the general price increases) every month. Not sure what all there is to dispute but I'm sure they've done some chit to get an F from BBB.

Edited by Square

They are giving new customers free HD for life & existing customers 24 mos free. Just call & ask about it. Only catch is they make you signup for autopay.

Other catch is they probably make you renew your contract for 2 years. I had a dish go bad...well, I thought it had become mis-aligned. I pay the $5.99 a month or whatever that covers the boxes and service calls and DirecTV said they needed to renew my 2-year contract to get a service guy out there. :oldrolleyes:

Other catch is they probably make you renew your contract for 2 years. I had a dish go bad...well, I thought it had become mis-aligned. I pay the $5.99 a month or whatever that covers the boxes and service calls and DirecTV said they needed to renew my 2-year contract to get a service guy out there. :oldrolleyes:

I ran into this too.

No contract renewal.

Or so you were told. You may be surprised if you ever try to cancel.

Remember that it matters nothing what the person on the phone said to you. Only what's in the contract.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

I'm just saying... I read pages and pages of complaints against DirecTV. I recommend looking into them before buying. Lots of people around here want a libertarian, buyer-beware economy... so if you give your financial information and sign a contract with a company that has the lowest possible rating from a non profit agency for consumer protection... hey buyer, uhhh... you know... beware. :wacko:

Edited by AtomicCEO