[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saudi Arabia gives Israel green light to attack Iran

Avernus

I am starting to think chicken little dmarc was on to something and I may start hoarding cans of chili and may buy some gold bars and get a gun license. :wacko: No, really.

E: This crap about Mexican "pirates" robbing Texan fishers has me a little worked up, sorry. Wife wants to "vacation" in South Padre and wants to day-trip across to Mexico to shop. I am skurred.

Edited by darin3

It's not a very good time to be visiting Mexico right about now. Hell I'm 5 minutes away and I don't dare cross. I'm skurred too.

Dude I'm from SoCal and have been down to Baja a billion times. Wife thinks I'm nuts 'cuz I don't even want to day trip to go buy cheap shiz while we're in South Padre.

I usually scoff at the chicken littles but I am seriously contemplating starting a stockpile of water, canned goods, cash, gas and other crap. I have even given consideration to starting a company that plans/builds "kits" for those that want to get prepared. May cash in on this whole 2012 hype. :wacko:

Dude I'm from SoCal and have been down to Baja a billion times. Wife thinks I'm nuts 'cuz I don't even want to day trip to go buy cheap shiz while we're in South Padre.

I usually scoff at the chicken littles but I am seriously contemplating starting a stockpile of water, canned goods, cash, gas and other crap. I have even given consideration to starting a company that plans/builds "kits" for those that want to get prepared. May cash in on this whole 2012 hype. :wacko:

Oh hell me too. But the anti Arizona setiment, coupled with the growing drug crimes crossing the border is alarming to say the least. It's not the way it was 10 years ago.

The 2012 stockpile company is funny but there are just enough chicken littles in this world that you could make a nice egg out of the paranoia.

I am starting to think chicken little dmarc was on to something and I may start hoarding cans of chili and may buy some gold bars and get a gun license. :wacko: No, really.

E: This crap about Mexican "pirates" robbing Texan fishers has me a little worked up, sorry. Wife wants to "vacation" in South Padre and wants to day-trip across to Mexico to shop. I am skurred.

When I was in high school and college we used to cross the border all the time at spring break or just take a road trip in the summer. There is no way I'm going anywhere near the boarder with out a firearm, and I'm not about to take a firearm into Mexico. Up until the kid was shot by border control I probably wouldn't have had a problem flying into Cancun and going to Playa or flying into Puerto Vallarta, but now I have second thoughts about that too. Up until two years ago, we would go to Mexico once or twice a year for that past 10 years or so.

Oh hell me too. But the anti Arizona setiment, coupled with the growing drug crimes crossing the border is alarming to say the least. It's not the way it was 10 years ago.

The 2012 stockpile company is funny but there are just enough chicken littles in this world that you could make a nice egg out of the paranoia.

No kidding. Lots of people seem to excitedly await the collapse of society.

No kidding. Lots of people seem to excitedly await the collapse of society.

you'll find a lot of people that don't think there will be a collapse, but still think the global economy has a ways to go before we've seen the worst of whats to come of this "recession/depression"...

take me for example....investing in gold and silver....not because I think that society will collapse, but rather because gold just goes up over time due to inflation and I don't like the idea of keeping my investment in cash or stocks...

this is where people say "you can't eat gold etc. etc."......who says that I plan on eating my investment?

and onto silver...silver has and is currently being manipulated downward in price because of it's heavy use in electronics...if silver went up in a decent proportion to what gold has over the past year, then it would cause the price of electronics to shoot up tremendously...

not to mention the above ground amount of silver is far more scarce than gold and we'll probably run out of the current silver supply in 10 years which goes hand in hand with what someone from Vizio said recently about there being no more TV's in the future.....possibly a new technology that would not require all the parts that the TV's today require...

if and when silver becomes depleted in the manufacturing realm....the price will skyrocket...

but apparently I'm supposed to be a "chicken little" because I invest in gold and silver.... :wacko:

but apparently I'm supposed to be a "chicken little" because I invest in gold and silver.... :wacko:

Well, I wasn't talking specifically about YOU at all, but if the tinfoil hat fits....

Well, I wasn't talking specifically about YOU at all, but if the tinfoil hat fits....

the funny thing is that I wasn't talking about you either....something you may have said might have been used as an example, but I was just talking in general about something I'm pretty sure someone else said about guns, water, gold and silver.....

you said something about the collapse of society, but I was just using those words as a reference point...